No announcement yet.

Lt. Matthew Scott /Brian.J.Smith Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are those "Time" stills? Very oldschool but awesome as usual, Mac. Nice avatar by the way though I find it hard to concentrate while looking at it

Anyway, on some less drool-related note, a self-quote from the cancellation thread:

Originally posted by Jaemal View Post
    The only character that seems kinda unfocused to me is Scott. Now, I like Scott but I often wonder what TPTB want him to be. He is first set up with two major flaws:

1. He has high expectations on himself and is brought down by his own flaws (especially his lust which stopped him from being a priest and infers with his duties as Young's second-in-command)

2. He is afraid of disappointing others (his stepfather and maybe by extension Young and the rest of the crew)

Now, while it first seemed like flaw 1 would be a huge problem for him, it completely disappears (along with most of his supposed faith) once he hooks up with Chloe and is never mentioned again. His illigimate son is briefly mentioned but this never plays a big role. Now, 2. might still be somewhat present but he mostly mopes about Chloe nowadays which is pretty unfortunate since their relationship never really got me.

I wish TPTB would decide what they want to do with him. Maybe some conflict between him and Young? I think Destiny being led by Rush and Scott would be awesome
    What do you think, fellow Scott fans? Let's get some discussion between all the thunking.
    In the darkness of night we hear the whispers of the void

Comment

Yep, these caps are from the episode Time. And yeh, that avatar, it's really distracting indeed.

Yeh, he has his flaws, but every character of the show do have flaws. I mean wasn't this their purpose? To make real characters, not heroes who are pure good and always do the right thing, like in a fairy tale. So, Scott is great if we talk about reality. And on his good side, as one of the characters said in an episode, he's one of the nicest persons on the ship, and that's so true. He really wants to help ppl , to get them safe. And that is a true measure for a person IMO, not his sexual appatite or his desire to not dissapoint ppl around him, but this. So, I don't know what they wanted him to be, but I think it's working.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
            Yep, these caps are from the episode Time. And yeh, that avatar, it's really distracting indeed.

Yeh, he has his flaws, but every character of the show do have flaws. I mean wasn't this their purpose? To make real characters, not heroes who are pure good and always do the right thing, like in a fairy tale. So, Scott is great if we talk about reality. And on his good side, as one of the characters said in an episode, he's one of the nicest persons on the ship, and that's so true. He really wants to help ppl , to get them safe. And that is a true measure for a person IMO, not his sexual appatite or his desire to not dissapoint ppl around him, but this. So, I don't know what they wanted him to be, but I think it's working.

I concur. And I do think that Scott has matured and stepped up since his arrival on Destiny.
            sigpic

Comment

Indeed. I think he showed this the most, to mature up to the situation. Most of the characters has changed, of course, you have to when you're suddenly in such situation, but if I look at Matt in the pilot, like he likes sex, likes sweet girls and... that's it for him. He likes to have a good time. And now he's a very different person. Even his relat with Chloe - which I'm not a fan either - shows that he really cares for that woman.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment