Everett Young/Louis Ferreira Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
    Thanks, Kimmy! You and Shena8 are among my favorite writers! I can't wait to read this one. Mwuah!!!!
    Thanks Kathryn. My journeystory is scheduled to post on Jan 8th. I hope you enjoy Shena's story. It's quite long, 115 pages and you can see all the research she put into it.

Comment

Started watching LF in Season 2 of "Missing". The show is OK, but LF lights up the screen everytime he's on it. His mannerisms if kind of similar to Colonel Young. His character in this series is a kind of a bastard attitude toward his agents, but you know it's his job to look at things at the bottom line and get people moving.. Have seen only the first four eppies so far. Not too bad.
      I never watched the show when it was on, I hardly ever watch Lifetime. But once I discovered Louis, I had to see the program. I bought the 2nd season just because he was in it. Kept waiting for the 3rd season and I guess they won't ever put it out on dvd now that everything seems to be going streaming. If I want a TV series, I want it as DVD not streamed over the Internet. It looses too much in the transmission as far as I'm concerned.

Doesn't he just set off your twinkle meter? I love how he's so in everyone's space in this show. Mr Pushy. In the 3rd season his role was really expanded and he got a personal life. OMG, to see Pollock and his wife in the episode "Cut" at the end ... that implied kiss ... totally H-O-T. Holy Cow!

I had a hard time watching the 2nd season - Vivica A Fox just over-acted over-the-top that she annoyed me. She calms down to a real person in Season 3.

Did you know that Louis and Caterina Scorsone dated while filming Missing? He said that Catarina's mother is a math genius and she supplied a lot of the math equations you saw Rush and Chloe using on SGU.

Comment

I hope everyone had a great Christmas, am looking forward to the new year and still hoping it will bring Louis to Vancouver in April for the Creation Convention. If I knew how to post questions on other websites and Twitter (I'm useless at all this! ) I'd ask him if he was coming, so if anyone can I'd be grateful.

Thoroughly enjoying all the links and the fun on the thread. Thanks for posting all the links here everyone as GW is the only place I really go on in the first instance.

The photo and caption bits are hilarious!
        Enjoyed the lovely photos and details of Louis' appearance at Dragon con on Ferriera Fest. Keep up the good work!

'Welcome to Cloverdale' was certainly different from the fan fic I usually go for, but it was well written! I loved the 'alternate' Everett in the episode 'Cloverdale' as Matt's father figure, and I liked the idea of him and Tamara getting together to live 'intensely' and happily ever after in the story.

I work in Cloverdale so it was fun to place them in the actual place in my mind whilst reading! I always recall that scene of Louis standing outside the Cloverdale home furnishing store beside his red car just before Scott gets run over, when I drive across that road on my way to and from work. It just keeps reminding me of how much I miss SGU!

Comment

Originally posted by kimmyg View Post
          If you're interested in reading an intense TJ/Young fan fic, check out "Welcome to Cloverdale" by my friend Shena on Live Journal.

Go here to link to story: http://shena8.livejournal.com/74823.html

Rating: NC-17, explicit adult subject matter
          Word Count: 63,320
          Characters: Tamara Johansen/ Everett Young, the Destiny crew (Cloverdale AU versions)
          Warnings: explicit adult subject matter, bondage, kink, mention of non-con

Summary: "Every journey is a series of discoveries about who you have been, who you are now and who you want to be in the future."

When paramedic Tamara Johansen answers a call about a young groom who passed out at the tailor's before his wedding she has no idea she will meet her soulmate later that day. But the man of her dreams comes with more emotional baggage than she can imagine, and when a debilitating injury nearly kills him she finds herself at a crossroads in her own life as well. The journey will be long and difficult as the road to recovery is fraught with peril. And in order to help him with his travels she will go places she's never dared to go before.

Author’s Notes: written for the journeystory Big!Bang. In the Stargate Universe episode "Cloverdale" (SGU 2-05) Matthew Scott is infected by an alien organism. He hallucinates a different life where his commanding officer Everett Young is his father and First Lieutenant Tamara Johansen is a paramedic who revives him after a fainting spell on his wedding day. The story picks up in the Alternate Universe in Cloverdale immediately after the end of the episode.
          Wow! Spent the next few hours reading that and it was 5:30 AM when I finally finished. Very intense! I'm so glad you mentioned it. Mwuah!
          Last edited by sacredclay; 28 December 2011, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Good News. Louis will be in an upcoming NCIS episode in January 2012. Thanks to Ashimon for finding the details.

Found a press release on Louis' episode. Which means we know when it airs!

CIA AGENT RAY CRUZ RETURNS TO DISCUSS THE FUTURE WITH ZIVA WHILE THE NCIS TEAM INVESTIGATES THE MURDER OF A NAVY LIEUTENANT COMMANDER, ON “NCIS,” TUESDAY, JAN. 10

Enrique Murciano Returns as CIA Agent Ray Cruz

CHEAT TWEET: How will Ziva respond when Ray returns…with a ring box? #NCIS 1/10 8pm ET/PT , Source: http://bit.ly/vxaois

“A Desperate Man”– When a Navy lieutenant commander is found dead in a building under construction, NCIS must search for a killer while dealing with interruptions from her distraught detective husband. Meanwhile, Ray’s return has Ziva thinking about her future, on NCIS, Tuesday, Jan. 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS

Mark Harmon (NCIS Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs)

Michael Weatherly (NCIS Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo)

Cote de Pablo (NCIS Special Agent Ziva David)

David McCallum (Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard)

Pauley Perrette (Abby Sciuto)

Sean Murray (NCIS Special Agent Timothy McGee)

Rocky Carroll (NCIS Director Leon Vance)

RECURRING GUEST CAST:

Brian Dietzen (Jimmy Palmer)

Enrique Murciano (Ray Cruz)

GUEST CAST

Louis Ferreira (Metro Detective Nick Burris)

Michael Beach (Metro Detective Robert Flowers)

Mark Hutter (U.S. Ambassador James Ealy)

Jaleel White (Martin Thomas)

Ion Overman (Jane Thomas)

Joanna Canton (Sandy Milton)

WRITTEN BY: Nicole Mirante-Matthews

DIRECTED BY: Leslie Libman
            Ohhhhh, cannot wait!!!!!

Comment

I never watched the show when it was on, I hardly ever watch Lifetime. But once I discovered Louis, I had to see the program. I bought the 2nd season just because he was in it. Kept waiting for the 3rd season and I guess they won't ever put it out on dvd now that everything seems to be going streaming. If I want a TV series, I want it as DVD not streamed over the Internet. It looses too much in the transmission as far as I'm concerned.

Doesn't he just set off your twinkle meter? I love how he's so in everyone's space in this show. Mr Pushy. In the 3rd season his role was really expanded and he got a personal life. OMG, to see Pollock and his wife in the episode "Cut" at the end ... that implied kiss ... totally H-O-T. Holy Cow!

I had a hard time watching the 2nd season - Vivica A Fox just over-acted over-the-top that she annoyed me. She calms down to a real person in Season 3.

Did you know that Louis and Caterina Scorsone dated while filming Missing? He said that Catarina's mother is a math genius and she supplied a lot of the math equations you saw Rush and Chloe using on SGU.
              That's a perfect description-Mr. Pushy! I agree with you about Fox's acting. It might have been what the director wanted her to act in the show, but then again, I'm having a hell of a hard time watching FBI agents busting onto the scenes and chasing bad guys in high heels. I don't know why Season 1 isn't out, and since you've said that Season 3 has no hope of being out either, then I guess I'm out of luck. I'm not upset about it, as I know LF is in a lot better shows. I do wish they were closed captioned, as then I'd get them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                I hope everyone had a great Christmas, am looking forward to the new year and still hoping it will bring Louis to Vancouver in April for the Creation Convention. If I knew how to post questions on other websites and Twitter (I'm useless at all this! ) I'd ask him if he was coming, so if anyone can I'd be grateful.
                You can email any questions concerning Louis to [email protected].

Enjoyed the lovely photos and details of Louis' appearance at Dragon con on Ferriera Fest. Keep up the good work!
                Thanks to all the contributors who graciously allowed their photos to be used of Louis' 1st adventure into fandom conventions. He's rather excited to try arranging a return trip for this year. His schedule permitting. He truly enjoyed meeting the fans.

Comment

That's a perfect description-Mr. Pushy! I agree with you about Fox's acting. It might have been what the director wanted her to act in the show, but then again, I'm having a hell of a hard time watching FBI agents busting onto the scenes and chasing bad guys in high heels. I don't know why Season 1 isn't out, and since you've said that Season 3 has no hope of being out either, then I guess I'm out of luck. I'm not upset about it, as I know LF is in a lot better shows. I do wish they were closed captioned, as then I'd get them all.
                  Ha! I have a hard time imaging any woman running in high heels.

Louis was only in the last 2 seasons. From what I understand, the show was hugely revamped from the first season and only brought back Catarina Scorsone. Her character, Jess, was now more grown up and attending the FBI academy when AD John Pollock (Louis Ferreira) pulled her out, assigning her to Agent Scott. You might be able to see it on Netflix. I'm not certain though.

And don't forget Louis has a guest spot on NCIS this Tuesday night at 8 Eastern/7pm Central. He's in the "A" story. He said he had a lot of fun filming the show and chatting with Mark Harmon. Both of them share the same 'on set' nickname, "Poppa Smurf." He got quite a chuckle over that.

Head over to Ferreira Fest on Live Journal for more scoops on Louis.

http://ferreira-fest.livejournal.com/

Comment

Ha! I have a hard time imaging any woman running in high heels.

Louis was only in the last 2 seasons. From what I understand, the show was hugely revamped from the first season and only brought back Catarina Scorsone. Her character, Jess, was now more grown up and attending the FBI academy when AD John Pollock (Louis Ferreira) pulled her out, assigning her to Agent Scott. You might be able to see it on Netflix. I'm not certain though.

And don't forget Louis has a guest spot on NCIS this Tuesday night at 8 Eastern/7pm Central. He's in the "A" story. He said he had a lot of fun filming the show and chatting with Mark Harmon. Both of them share the same 'on set' nickname, "Poppa Smurf." He got quite a chuckle over that.

Head over to Ferreira Fest on Live Journal for more scoops on Louis.

http://ferreira-fest.livejournal.com/
                    Shena had to persistently remind GW but they finally posted a story about LF's upcoming role. Here's the link below.
                    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/0...is-weeks-ncis/

Comment

Shena had to persistently remind GW but they finally posted a story about LF's upcoming role. Here's the link below.
                      http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/0...is-weeks-ncis/
                      Am looking forward to tonight's NCIS episode! I would have missed it if it wasn't posted in the news section, so many thanks to Shena for persisting!

Kimmyg Thank you for the email link.

Comment

Am looking forward to tonight's NCIS episode! I would have missed it if it wasn't posted in the news section, so many thanks to Shena for persisting!

Kimmyg Thank you for the email link.
                        Did anybody see the eppie? I have to wait 24 hours to see if it shows up on Hulu.

Comment

Did anyone notice that the episode of NCIS with Louis was called "A Desperate Man", and Sunday's Once Upon A Time with Robert Carlyle was called "Desperate Souls"? Some coincidence.
                          I'm really not a fan of NCIS, cop shows aren't my thing, but Louis was good, isn't he always. I was glad that he,(big spoiler!)
                          Spoiler:
                          was not the killer. Also I wondered at the ending if they were leaving the door open for a re-occurring role for Louis. Interesting.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                            Did anyone notice that the episode of NCIS with Louis was called "A Desperate Man", and Sunday's Once Upon A Time with Robert Carlyle was called "Desperate Souls"? Some coincidence.
                            I'm really not a fan of NCIS, cop shows aren't my thing, but Louis was good, isn't he always. I was glad that he,(big spoiler!)
                            Spoiler:
                            was not the killer. Also I wondered at the ending if they were leaving the door open for a re-occurring role for Louis. Interesting.
                            That would be frakking awesome! The man is not on TV enough! Hulu doesn't have the eppie up yet, but the website on CBS does.

Comment

Here's the link to the CBS website where NCIS "A Desperate Man" is on. Enjoy!
                              http://www.cbs.com/shows/ncis/video/...-desperate-man

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                LOL, weird co-incidence indeed! Loved seeing him on screen again. I like NCIS so it was double nice for me!!!

However, seeing him made me miss SGU again. I'm really hoping that the wonderful work he did of bringing Colonel Young to life on SGU has opened more doors for him to end up as a main cast member in some new show soon, it was good to see him in a larger role in this episode.

I too was glad......

Spoiler:
                                ....that he wasn't the killer, he was so lost in grief and played it wonderfully, I wanted to hug him!!! Also felt a bit of dejavu on seeing him drunk and knocking back the the booze again! Would love it if he came back again, or even ends up on the team, they would certainly benefit from his tenacity in case solving!

Comment

Working...
                                X