No announcement yet.

Everett Young/Louis Ferreira Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Shooter" arrived in the mail today. Squeels!!!! Gonna watch it this week.

Comment

Started watching part of "Shooter" last night. I noticed that one of the female characters in that movie also played Kiva in SGU. Small world!
      Question about SGA. The Wraiths were mentioned twice in the last season of SG1 and there were never an explanation about it. Yet, they seemed to know what they were. In SGA, we encountered them and learned about them for the first time. Why the disparity? Second question: in SGA, there's an actor name Rainbow Sun. I'm a little stunned at the name as it's more of a female name and I thought Native American at first. Anyone want to explain that one to me? Also, the actress that plays Teyla, what is her nationality? Thanks!

Comment

Hey Eli! Have you got those equations done yet? Not yet, I'm watching a movie.

You guy's won't believe this, but there's this actor in that movie that looks just like the Colonel.

I don't think he looks anything like me.

So what's this actor's name?

"The Actor Formerly Known As Justin Louis", really, that's his name. Just like Prince.

Never heard of him.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
          Started watching part of "Shooter" last night. I noticed that one of the female characters in that movie also played Kiva in SGU. Small world!
          Yeah, that's Rhona Mitra and she played a bad ass bad girl in SHOOTER too. The pool of actresses that can do the stunts like Rhona is extremely small.

Question about SGA. The Wraiths were mentioned twice in the last season of SG1 and there were never an explanation about it. Yet, they seemed to know what they were. In SGA, we encountered them and learned about them for the first time. Why the disparity?
          SGA started during the 8th season of SG1 so that's where the overlap came about. Both shows ran concurrently so there was some continuity overflow between them. For the most part they did run separately though.

Second question: in SGA, there's an actor name Rainbow Sun. I'm a little stunned at the name as it's more of a female name and I thought Native American at first. Anyone want to explain that one to me?
          I read somewhere that Rainbow Sun's parents were hippies and into a lot of mysticism and genderless definition so both Rainbow and his sister Cree were named in that fashion.

Also, the actress that plays Teyla, what is her nationality? Thanks!
          Rachel Luttrell played Teyla. I pulled this info off IMDB: Rachel Luttrell was born in Tanzania and moved to Canada with her family at the age of five. Her mother is from Lushoto, Tanzania and her father is a Louisiana native of British descent. Her classical studies included ballet (trained at The Russian Academy of Classical Ballet) and music (she plays the piano and sings) trained at the Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto and by her father.

She's gorgeous and quite athletic as shown by her abilities in SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
            Hey Eli! Have you got those equations done yet? Not yet, I'm watching a movie.
            http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/Jeri33/Louis%20Ferreira%20and%20friends/th_FullSize-sgu0106-0360xe.jpg

You guy's won't believe this, but there's this actor in that movie that looks just like the Colonel.
            http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/Jeri33/Louis%20Ferreira%20and%20friends/th_FullSize-sgu0110-0399xe.jpg

I don't think he looks anything like me.
            http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/Jeri33/Louis%20Ferreira%20and%20friends/th_FullSize-sgu0106-0108xe.jpg

So what's this actor's name?
            http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/Jeri33/Louis%20Ferreira%20and%20friends/th_FullSize-sgu0107-0558xe.jpg

"The Actor Formerly Known As Justin Louis", really, that's his name. Just like Prince.
            [URL=http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/Jeri33/Louis%20Ferreira%20and%20friends/FullSize-sgu0106-0136xe.jpg]http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/Jeri33/Louis%20Ferreira%20and%20friends/th_FullSize-sgu0106-0136xe.jpg/URL]

Never heard of him.
            http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/Jeri33/Louis%20Ferreira%20and%20friends/th_FullSize-sgu0110-0143xe.jpg
            Jeri, you are too hilarious. Loved this: "The Actor Formerly Known As Justin Louis"
            Last edited by Rosehawk; 22 April 2012, 08:09 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags

Comment

Between you and Jeri, I need a brace around my ribs for laughing so much. You two are killing me in a good way.
              Last edited by Rosehawk; 22 April 2012, 08:07 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags

Comment

Originally posted by kimmyg View Post
                Jeri, you are too hilarious. Loved this: "The Actor Formerly Known As Justin Louis"
                Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I did putting it together. Glad you got the joke, I was afraid no one would, (the thing about Prince)
                Thanks for the info about Rachel Lutrell, she's on my list of actress' I admire, the "who I want to be when I grow up" list.
                sigpic

Comment

I thought that was rather clever too, as well as the pic she chose as Young looks like he's trying too hard to look innocent. I can't keep up with her!

Comment

Ferreira Fest 24 is up!

http://ferreira-fest.livejournal.com/7438.html

Comment

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
                      sigpic

Comment

Happy Holidays and Happy Chrismas Guy !!

I so sorry to write in a language that may not be strong enough. Do not understand the need to apologize for their kind.

Comment

If you're interested in reading an intense TJ/Young fan fic, check out "Welcome to Cloverdale" by my friend Shena on Live Journal.

Go here to link to story: http://shena8.livejournal.com/74823.html

Rating: NC-17, explicit adult subject matter
                          Word Count: 63,320
                          Characters: Tamara Johansen/ Everett Young, the Destiny crew (Cloverdale AU versions)
                          Warnings: explicit adult subject matter, bondage, kink, mention of non-con

Summary: "Every journey is a series of discoveries about who you have been, who you are now and who you want to be in the future."

When paramedic Tamara Johansen answers a call about a young groom who passed out at the tailor's before his wedding she has no idea she will meet her soulmate later that day. But the man of her dreams comes with more emotional baggage than she can imagine, and when a debilitating injury nearly kills him she finds herself at a crossroads in her own life as well. The journey will be long and difficult as the road to recovery is fraught with peril. And in order to help him with his travels she will go places she's never dared to go before.

Author’s Notes: written for the journeystory Big!Bang. In the Stargate Universe episode "Cloverdale" (SGU 2-05) Matthew Scott is infected by an alien organism. He hallucinates a different life where his commanding officer Everett Young is his father and First Lieutenant Tamara Johansen is a paramedic who revives him after a fainting spell on his wedding day. The story picks up in the Alternate Universe in Cloverdale immediately after the end of the episode.

Comment

If you're interested in reading an intense TJ/Young fan fic, check out "Welcome to Cloverdale" by my friend Shena on Live Journal.

Go here to link to story: http://shena8.livejournal.com/74823.html

Rating: NC-17, explicit adult subject matter
                            Word Count: 63,320
                            Characters: Tamara Johansen/ Everett Young, the Destiny crew (Cloverdale AU versions)
                            Warnings: explicit adult subject matter, bondage, kink, mention of non-con

Summary: "Every journey is a series of discoveries about who you have been, who you are now and who you want to be in the future."

When paramedic Tamara Johansen answers a call about a young groom who passed out at the tailor's before his wedding she has no idea she will meet her soulmate later that day. But the man of her dreams comes with more emotional baggage than she can imagine, and when a debilitating injury nearly kills him she finds herself at a crossroads in her own life as well. The journey will be long and difficult as the road to recovery is fraught with peril. And in order to help him with his travels she will go places she's never dared to go before.

Author’s Notes: written for the journeystory Big!Bang. In the Stargate Universe episode "Cloverdale" (SGU 2-05) Matthew Scott is infected by an alien organism. He hallucinates a different life where his commanding officer Everett Young is his father and First Lieutenant Tamara Johansen is a paramedic who revives him after a fainting spell on his wedding day. The story picks up in the Alternate Universe in Cloverdale immediately after the end of the episode.
                            Thanks, Kimmy! You and Shena8 are among my favorite writers! I can't wait to read this one. Mwuah!!!!

Comment

Started watching LF in Season 2 of "Missing". The show is OK, but LF lights up the screen everytime he's on it. His mannerisms if kind of similar to Colonel Young. His character in this series is a kind of a bastard attitude toward his agents, but you know it's his job to look at things at the bottom line and get people moving.. Have seen only the first four eppies so far. Not too bad.

Comment

Good News. Louis will be in an upcoming NCIS episode in January 2012. Thanks to Ashimon for finding the details.

Found a press release on Louis' episode. Which means we know when it airs!

CIA AGENT RAY CRUZ RETURNS TO DISCUSS THE FUTURE WITH ZIVA WHILE THE NCIS TEAM INVESTIGATES THE MURDER OF A NAVY LIEUTENANT COMMANDER, ON “NCIS,” TUESDAY, JAN. 10

Enrique Murciano Returns as CIA Agent Ray Cruz

CHEAT TWEET: How will Ziva respond when Ray returns…with a ring box? #NCIS 1/10 8pm ET/PT , Source: http://bit.ly/vxaois

“A Desperate Man”– When a Navy lieutenant commander is found dead in a building under construction, NCIS must search for a killer while dealing with interruptions from her distraught detective husband. Meanwhile, Ray’s return has Ziva thinking about her future, on NCIS, Tuesday, Jan. 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS

Mark Harmon (NCIS Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs)

Michael Weatherly (NCIS Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo)

Cote de Pablo (NCIS Special Agent Ziva David)

David McCallum (Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard)

Pauley Perrette (Abby Sciuto)

Sean Murray (NCIS Special Agent Timothy McGee)

Rocky Carroll (NCIS Director Leon Vance)

RECURRING GUEST CAST:

Brian Dietzen (Jimmy Palmer)

Enrique Murciano (Ray Cruz)

GUEST CAST

Louis Ferreira (Metro Detective Nick Burris)

Michael Beach (Metro Detective Robert Flowers)

Mark Hutter (U.S. Ambassador James Ealy)

Jaleel White (Martin Thomas)

Ion Overman (Jane Thomas)

Joanna Canton (Sandy Milton)

WRITTEN BY: Nicole Mirante-Matthews

DIRECTED BY: Leslie Libman

Comment

Working...
                                X