Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duval View Post
    Well, when I have harvest the grapes in Provence, I was able to work in old vineyard, a family which produces organic wines, it was very pleasant (especially in the evening when we opened bottles, in fact, we drank all day, it's very funny the grape harvests )
    Your neighbor makes its own wine? I would really like to come too one day ^^

Yes, I've done it, too. But here where I live the vineyards are very steep, and it's hard work to climb there up and down.
    sigpic

Comment

myhelix, I hope that your grandfather will get better
      *big hug !!*
      *hugs back* thanks, always nice to talk to the GW family, I feel already better

Originally posted by jeri View Post
      Yes, it is a very strange feeling when the elder generation is gone. It seemed to me like it was suddenly, but it was not. Time passes and we get older and we don't notice until they are sick or gone. My dad died at 60 years old and he seemed much younger so it was a shock. He had cancer, and died within 2 months of being diagnosed. That was 1993, and I still don't believe it sometimes. It seems so unfair.
      Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
      My dad died when he was 55, that was 18 years ago. And he just fell to the ground and was dead, so there was no chance to say goodbye. It was really hard for us, I was studying and got problems with learning, and in the end it took me 2 years longer. And I still miss him.
      *hugs group* It really can be gruel sometimes, and it´s always a big shock for family members when it happens without warning. But I think for the people who are dying it´s maybe better quick than to die slowly? Sounds strange, but maybe it´s better for the ones concerned. Of course it´s always hard for the relatives when you can´t say some last things to your loved ones.

That´s my other big worrier, I don´t want him to suffer more than necessary, but it´s always the hope that it maybe can get back to "normal" again.
      sigpic

Comment

Yes, I've done it, too. But here where I live the vineyards are very steep, and it's hard work to climb there up and down.
        Right, but´s it´s a very beautiful area.

Great OUAT vid:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
          Yes, it is very pleasant to know that at least here, we can be to comfort ^^
          My grandfather died a few years ago, because of a medical error, but I think that he did not suffer, he was sleep. In any case I hope for it....
          sigpic
          by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Was great to talk to you all again, have to go to bed, have to get up early tomorrow.

Good Night!

*because it´s awesome*
            sigpic

Comment

Was great to talk to you all again, have to go to bed, have to get up early tomorrow.

Good Night!

*because it´s awesome*
              http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/991...ba472c092a.jpg
              Good night
              *big hug*
              sigpic
              by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

*hugs group* It really can be gruel sometimes, and it´s always a big shock for family members when it happens without warning. But I think for the people who are dying it´s maybe better quick than to die slowly? Sounds strange, but maybe it´s better for the ones concerned. Of course it´s always hard for the relatives when you can´t say some last things to your loved ones.

That´s my other big worrier, I don´t want him to suffer more than necessary, but it´s always the hope that it maybe can get back to "normal" again.
                *big group hug* I think it is easier of those who die quickly, and I wonder if it maybe is the same if you are close to the person, it's a shock either way. I don't think there where things left unsaid before my dad or grandparents died. But some families don't say what they need to say, and then that's bad when death comes.

I remember the last talk I had with dad before he died, he was very sad and feeling guilty about leaving us with financial problems and the house not repaired. I could have cared less about those things. So it was very hard for him to suddenly be told he would die soon.
                sigpic

Comment

Good night, I have to leave, too.

*hugs everyone*
                  sigpic

Comment

Good night, I have to leave, too.

*hugs everyone*
                    Good night Cairi ^^
                    *hug back*
                    sigpic
                    by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Good night to those of you who must sleep now.
                      Here are a couple of photos of the vineyard I took Friday, and one of Tommy the cat, because I know Duval loves cats.
                      My mother is in the photo, she loves to work in the vineyard, usually looking for small plants that need her spacial attention.

and that's my "new" old truck,
                      sigpic

Comment

Good night to those of you who must sleep now.
                        Here are a couple of photos of the vineyard I took Friday, and one of Tommy the cat, because I know Duval loves cats.
                        My mother is in the photo, she loves to work in the vineyard, usually looking for small plants that need her spacial attention.

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/Jeri33/The%20Ranch%20August2011/th_mom_001.jpg

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/Jeri33/The%20Ranch%20August2011/th_rust_001.jpg

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/Jeri33/The%20Ranch%20August2011/th_tommy_001.jpg

and that's my "new" old truck,
                        Oh, your cat is too cute, thank you for the photo
                        You seems to have a big ground of vineyard, it's good, it's always pleasant to have lands.
                        sigpic
                        by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Good Night!

*because it´s awesome*
                          http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/991...ba472c092a.jpg
                          I really love this artist. Let's hope she will do some of Rush. Keep working on her, Nancy!
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh, your cat is too cute, thank you for the photo
                            You seems to have a big ground of vineyard, it's good, it's always pleasant to have lands.
                            You are welcome, dearie. The vineyard is 20 acres, I don't know what that would be in metric? For California, it is small. But some of our neighbors only have 3 acres or 6 acres, in the mountains here it's hard to find areas to plant. There are restrictions on how steep of a hillside one can plant on. If it's too steep, you must leave it alone. We have much more land, but it is steep forest lands, that must be preserved for wildlife and watershed.
                            sigpic

Comment

You are welcome, dearie. The vineyard is 20 acres, I don't know what that would be in metric? For California, it is small. But some of our neighbors only have 3 acres or 6 acres, in the mountains here it's hard to find areas to plant. There are restrictions on how steep of a hillside one can plant on. If it's too steep, you must leave it alone. We have much more land, but it is steep forest lands, that must be preserved for wildlife and watershed.
                              It's not the bad thing, that to protect lands for the fauna ^^
                              20 hectares, I find it already well ^^
                              I dont' know how much hectare possessed the family in which I have work, not many, them do not employed many seasonal worker.
                              Sometimes in certain regions it's very big, in certain place, there are vineyards everywhere.
                              Well, before my mother possessed lands, before she's oblige to sell, small fields for sheeps, it was good ^^
                              sigpic
                              by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
                                Please hurry!!! If I were Emma I would be so jealous
                                I can only type so fast, dearie.

Comment

Working...
                                X