Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    No, not me. Still can't bring myself to watch any episode of SGU (yet alone a complete re-watch), plus don't feel like watching SG-1/SGA any time soon either. We're talking about 17 seasons and a few movies, so it's obviously take some time. Who knows, I might change my mind, when others are halfway through it.
    It works for me because I know lots of other people are doing it at the same time, so it's kind of watching together.

But I haven't started yet, so there's still time to change my mind
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
      It works for me because I know lots of other people are doing it at the same time, so it's kind of watching together.

But I haven't started yet, so there's still time to change my mind
      I can't decide if I will do the re-watch either. I think I'm a little afraid maybe. Just don't want to go back to being so upset, like I was when SGU was canceled.
      sigpic

Comment

Contrary to what I said earlier, I got really close to watching "Epilogue" earlier. Man, I do miss this show. Lots.
        I know how you feel, Egle, I think about watching one ep or another and then chicken out. Last summer I re-watched season 1 all the time with glee! I feel like a child who has had her candy taken away(or worse).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrsTigercat View Post
          I'm working my way backwards through 1007 pages of posts and have gotten to pg 932. When did Our Beloved break his thumb? Does anyone have the story?
          That photo is from the movie "Go Now" another great performance by THE MAN. It's about a guy who gets MS.

I think RC prefers to roll his own, but obviously one can't always. I don't know anymore where I read that because I have read and watched so many interviews and such, I guess I must be obsessed, oh no, make that dedicated!

Many people roll their own cigs because they can get special blends and also "cleaner" tobacco, since many popular brands have so many chemicals from pesticides, etc. Tobacco is a heavily treated crop having many pests and diseases, that being a greater health treat than tobacco smoking itself. This I know because of being a farmer and having a grandfather who died of emphysema.
          Last edited by jeri; 31 July 2011, 08:55 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

What is this photo from? Thank you.

BTW, I saw STONE OF DESTINY yesterday. I'll see Riff Raff tonight. I received Being Human in the mail Friday. I saw Plunkett & Maclain a week or so ago. I've seen 90%+ of his career in the past two years.

All I'm missing now is The Unloved, Zig Zag Love, Born Equal, Gunpowder Treason & Plot, Jimmy Grimble, JoJo, 99-1, Silent Scream, and a few TV guest appearances that are no longer available. That's 34 out of 49 (including those TV episodes.

As I indicated earlier, I'm not intereted in The Beach, Dead Fish, and I've seen the Youtube video of his pat in Gunpowder Treason & Plot.
            --Dallas =^..^=
            "This ship is called Destiny for a reason."
            http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/I_Love_SGU/

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
              That photo is from the movie "Go Now" another great performance by THE MAN. It's about a guy who gets MS.
              Sounds like an excuse to rewatch that film. :-) Ah, shucks.
              --Dallas =^..^=

Comment

Thanks! :-)
                --Dallas =^..^=

Comment

Originally posted by MrsTigercat View Post
                  What is this photo from? Thank you.
                  It's from 'Carla's Song'
                  sigpic

Comment

It's from 'Carla's Song'
                    I enjoyed 'Carla's Song' very much, and also 'Gunpwder...' the clip from YouTube does not give you any idea of the evolution of the character that RC gave him. Although the film was rather choppy, RC gives the character depth and in the end you see why King James was considered to be a good king. Read up a little on the history if you don't know about him, it helps, (my British history is a little weak).
                    sigpic

Comment

here a RL RC quote about when he met his wife the first time:

"We met in Cracker. I played a maniac fan who murders a policeman and she did my makeup. I thought anyone interested in me looking like that must have genuinely liked me."
                      Grimm returns October 24
                      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                        I know how you feel, Egle, I think about watching one ep or another and then chicken out. Last summer I re-watched season 1 all the time with glee! I feel like a child who has had her candy taken away(or worse).
                        It took me forever to re-watch 2.0 before the final 10 episodes started airing. It sure wasn't easy.

Let's not forget to delete [IMG] tags, thank you.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                          here a RL RC quote about when he met his wife the first time:

"We met in Cracker. I played a maniac fan who murders a policeman and she did my makeup. I thought anyone interested in me looking like that must have genuinely liked me."
                          Thanks for sharing what you found.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for sharing what you found.
                            you're welcome

here another one: “A lot of the characters I play come from the working-class. It's a background I'm familiar with. It's not about being hard. It's just knowing how that society works and what the rules are.I grew up in a working-class area of Glasgow and that experience has stood me in good stead.”
                            Grimm returns October 24
                            sigpic

Comment

or: "The darker the character, the more interesting.”
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Comment

“It's much more fun to be ugly.”
                                Grimm returns October 24
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X