Clear All

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
    What about darkness and Light?

*weeeee*

*hugs around*

*runs away*
    Darkness for the whump... Justice for the awesomeness
    sigpic
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

All of them for the Rushness!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
        All of them for the Rushness!
        True words. <3
        sigpic

Comment

So I've been wanting to check out Robert Carlyle in other projects, any suggestions??
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
            So I've been wanting to check out Robert Carlyle in other projects, any suggestions??
            Oh wow, I'm on a Carlyle thing at the moment so I'm having enormous fun. Do you like lunatic violent Bobby? Or terribly sweet angsty Bobby? Or a mix of both? Comedic Bobby?

Some recs:

Marilyn Hodgkiss Ballroom Dancing and Charm School:

Has some failings but none in RC's scenes. He plays a man mourning the death of his wife (hmmm, familiar?). He comes across a car crash and is advised by 911 to keep the badly injured passenger talking. The man is on his way to meet a childhood sweetheart at the Marilyn Hodgkiss Ballroom Dancing and Charm School so RC's character, Frank, goes in his place. Love lorn angst abounds, particularly the first time Frank goes. Could have done without so many flashbacks to the passenger's story and more about Frank but it was two films in one, so to speak.

Gunpowder, Treason and Plot:
            Two part BBC series about Mary, Queen of Scots and her son James VI (James I of England). RC plays James as a crippled bisexual who has mother issues. A fairly horrible character easily influenced by his wife and chancellor, nevertheless, RC really does make the unlikeable likeable.

Trainspotting:
            Begbie. Say no more.

Summer:
            Another movie in two parts. Three really, but it tells the story of RC's character Sean who as a child has severe learning difficulties who cannot read and write, and gets no help from the system. He's angry and essentially cripples himself so physically, he can no longer hold a pen. As an adult, he's the carer for his dying friend (which is all connected to the childhood story). A lovely film which has just shot into my list of favourites.

Hamish MacBeth:

Hamish, Wee Jock, TV John. Hilarious, tragic, angsty, adventurous. The original quirky village series.

The Mighty Celt:
            RC plays a former IRA man who disappeared after his friend was killed in a raid and he was injured. He left behind his friend's sister, his girlfriend, and he comes back after the peace agreement. More angst abounds. It concentrates mostly on the relationship between the sister's son and his greyhound, The Mighty Celt. Another sweet, angsty film.

The Full Monty:
            Robert Carlyle. Stripping. Nuff said.

The Last Enemy:
            RC as very cold assassin seeking revenge for the death of his stepdaughter. Very shadowy figure. Not the main character but once watched all the way through for the sheer, 'Oh this is really good and very creepy', you can safely skip every scene but his. You'll never view CC TV cameras the same way again.

And once you're through those, I'll start with the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
              Spoiler:
              Oh wow, I'm on a Carlyle thing at the moment so I'm having enormous fun. Do you like lunatic violent Bobby? Or terribly sweet angsty Bobby? Or a mix of both? Comedic Bobby?

Some recs:

Marilyn Hodgkiss Ballroom Dancing and Charm School:

Has some failings but none in RC's scenes. He plays a man mourning the death of his wife (hmmm, familiar?). He comes across a car crash and is advised by 911 to keep the badly injured passenger talking. The man is on his way to meet a childhood sweetheart at the Marilyn Hodgkiss Ballroom Dancing and Charm School so RC's character, Frank, goes in his place. Love lorn angst abounds, particularly the first time Frank goes. Could have done without so many flashbacks to the passenger's story and more about Frank but it was two films in one, so to speak.

Gunpowder, Treason and Plot:
              Two part BBC series about Mary, Queen of Scots and her son James VI (James I of England). RC plays James as a crippled bisexual who has mother issues. A fairly horrible character easily influenced by his wife and chancellor, nevertheless, RC really does make the unlikeable likeable.

Trainspotting:
              Begbie. Say no more.

Summer:
              Another movie in two parts. Three really, but it tells the story of RC's character Sean who as a child has severe learning difficulties who cannot read and write, and gets no help from the system. He's angry and essentially cripples himself so physically, he can no longer hold a pen. As an adult, he's the carer for his dying friend (which is all connected to the childhood story). A lovely film which has just shot into my list of favourites.

Hamish MacBeth:

Hamish, Wee Jock, TV John. Hilarious, tragic, angsty, adventurous. The original quirky village series.

The Mighty Celt:
              RC plays a former IRA man who disappeared after his friend was killed in a raid and he was injured. He left behind his friend's sister, his girlfriend, and he comes back after the peace agreement. More angst abounds. It concentrates mostly on the relationship between the sister's son and his greyhound, The Mighty Celt. Another sweet, angsty film.

The Full Monty:
              Robert Carlyle. Stripping. Nuff said.

The Last Enemy:
              RC as very cold assassin seeking revenge for the death of his stepdaughter. Very shadowy figure. Not the main character but once watched all the way through for the sheer, 'Oh this is really good and very creepy', you can safely skip every scene but his. You'll never view CC TV cameras the same way again.

And once you're through those, I'll start with the rest.
              ^Spoilered for length
              K, that's going to keep me busy
              I will start with The Full Monty of course
              sigpic

Comment

Actually, The Full Monty is one I don't have yet.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                  Actually, The Full Monty is one I don't have yet.
                  Good thing you have four months to watch it!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by worth_it View Post
                    Hello!
                    Hi! Love your sig!!

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                    *hugs around*

*runs away*
                    Aww, don't go.
                    sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I don't want to go...but I have to. XD
                          Nah I'm not at home. I'm visiting a friend a Berlin and I don't want to spend half the time on the internet while I'm here.
                          sigpic

Comment

Pretty picture! *stares and goes off to get working on some artwork*
                            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Last edited by yessika; 18 December 2009, 12:56 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X