No announcement yet.

Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush is soo amazing, he had so many good lines in this episode. I particularly liked
    Spoiler:
    when they were doing the trial and Wray was interogating him and he was talking about speculation
    sigpic
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
      Rush is soo amazing, he had so many good lines in this episode. I particularly liked
      Spoiler:
      when they were doing the trial and Wray was interogating him and he was talking about speculation
      Care to provide some spoilers?

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
        Care to provide some spoilers?
        If you mean spoiler about what happened...
        Spoiler:
        Rush get his butt kicked by Young and is left behind
        I wonder how many episodes is going to take for him to come back...

If you want pictures to tell the story then...
        Spoiler:

They arrive at the planet

Young tells Rush he knows he framed him

Rush admits it, they talk, and then Young hits Rush

Rush throws a rock at Young and Rush attacks young

Young asks: "Are we done?"

Rush says: "We will never be done"

Young headbutts Rush and leaves him there

Rush wakes up alone in the planet

And credits!
        Last edited by yessika; 18 December 2009, 01:16 AM.
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Just saw "Justice".
          Spoiler:
          OMG!

One of the best episodes! Lots of Rush whump (hopes to see artwork based on this) and... just wow. Awesome. I can't find enough words, or any actually, to describe how much I loved it.

*runs off to watch again*
          sigpic

Comment

Just watched it too, and...
            Spoiler:
            because I'm not in any fit state of mind at the moment (RL stuff) to wade through the **** that is the SGU section of the forum lately with all the blind hatred, I'll post my thoughts here instead... this was copied from what I wrote in a comment on Jelgate's LJ...

What Rush did was highly questionable, but ever so slightly softened by the fact that it was clear that Young could never have been found guilty of murder without any evidence. On the other hand, what Young did was prove, unquestionably, IMO, that Rush was completely and utterly correct about his (Young's) inability to lead the mission. Young let his own lack of professionalism lead him into a fistfight and the end result was tantamount to murder, not just of Rush but of every person on that ship. I was bitterly disappointed in him, and he is going to have to earn back my respect (and Eli's, from the look of that last scene with them).

On the bright side, the whump was lovely.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
              Spoiler:
              because I'm not in any fit state of mind at the moment (RL stuff) to wade through the **** that is the SGU section of the forum lately with all the blind hatred, I'll post my thoughts here instead... this was copied from what I wrote in a comment on Jelgate's LJ...

What Rush did was highly questionable, but ever so slightly softened by the fact that it was clear that Young could never have been found guilty of murder without any evidence. On the other hand, what Young did was prove, unquestionably, IMO, that Rush was completely and utterly correct about his (Young's) inability to lead the mission. Young let his own lack of professionalism lead him into a fistfight and the end result was tantamount to murder, not just of Rush but of every person on that ship. I was bitterly disappointed in him, and he is going to have to earn back my respect (and Eli's, from the look of that last scene with them).

I completely love Rush character and I do agree that he seems to be right about Rush
              Spoiler:
              The whump was very nice and I think I really like where this whole Rush left behind could lead to (besides obvious trouble for Young when Rush gets back on the ship )
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                because I'm not in any fit state of mind at the moment (RL stuff) to wade through the **** that is the SGU section of the forum lately with all the blind hatred, I'll post my thoughts here instead...
                Ah. Some people actually disliked "Justice"?! Well. The underlined part is the reason why I keep my distance from GW's SGU section. No matter how much I might enjoy an episode, if I go there, it leaves bad taste in my mouth.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                So, you're disappointed in Young and Eli? Sorry if it's a bad thing for you. But I'd consider it... realistic? That people are not good and nothing but good. All of us have our dark side, some more, others less. In TV it gives layers to the characters. Imo, of course.
                sigpic

Comment

My view, FWIW:
                  Spoiler:
                  Well, Young never had my respect and while I have some sympathy for Eli being caught in the middle, he should have told Young to p**s off the moment he wanted Eli to spy on people with the kinos and told him that if he wants a spy, he should find someone else or do it himself. I note that Rush has never once tried to put Eli in the middle and I doubt whether he realised there was a middle until Young made it obvious. People keep thinking Eli is a child. He's not, he's like, 23 or 25, so yes, he's very 'me' generation but he's no kid. I think Rush has been cornered and he's reacted accordingly. Young forced this situation not Rush.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I appreciate Young and Eli more as characters because they are gray (granted not as gray as Rush is). Eli agreed to spy on people and will cover up for Young; Young has let his temper guide him twice, with Telford and now with Rush.
                    I agree Egle01 that these mistakes make them more realistic, which makes them more interesting IMHO
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I love the greyness of the characters and the realism of their reactions, generally. I suppose I'm so angry with Young because I've been in his corner in the leadership struggle from the start due to his apparent leadership skills, but he has proved recently himself to be even less trustworthy than Wray and Rush combined.

And for the record, I didn't say I was disappointed with Eli (I'm not, by any stretch) - I said Eli seemed disappointed with Young.
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                        I love the greyness of the characters and the realism of their reactions, generally. I suppose I'm so angry with Young because I've been in his corner in the leadership struggle from the start due to his apparent leadership skills, but he has proved recently himself to be even less trustworthy than Wray and Rush combined.

And for the record, I didn't say I was disappointed with Eli (I'm not, by any stretch) - I said Eli seemed disappointed with Young.
                        Spoiler:
                        I'm not disappointed at Young since it was stablished from the beginning he does not have the greater leadership skills...
                        I'm not disappointed at Eli either. Even though I liked his character better when he was less gray

Edit: do we really need spoilers for this conversation?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                          Edit: do we really need spoilers for this conversation?
                          I have no objection to spoilers despite being a week behind but there are some countries that haven't seen it yet. I think someone upthread expressed some concerns about spoilers.

Comment

I'm the one who asked nicely to keep all the latest stuff in spoiler tags. Talk about characters' layers isn't spoilery. The unexpected stuff in "Justice" should, in my opinion, be kept in tags.
                            sigpic

Comment

A few "Justice" caps from last scene -
                              Spoiler:

I want this to be my new avatar!

sigpic

Comment

Awesome! I don't have the last one *snurches*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X