Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
      The spoiler rule:
      http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?f...q_spoilerspace

You have to use spoilers tags for any episode until it has aired in syndication. So technically that's for all the season two episodes of SGU and almost all episodes of season one of SGU. However, since this thread has a spoiler warning for season one spoilers, those don't need tagging.

It's not one week.

If there's a spoiler warning in the thread title this can change things and if you're posting in an episode/season folder you can never post a spoiler about a future episode without spoiler tags. Even now if your in the season one folder for SG1 you can't post a SG1 S2 spoiler without spoiler tags there.

Safe thing to do, if you're not sure, is to use spoiler tags.
      Sorry Jper, I hope you don't misunderstand this, and I don't want to upset you, but I think this needs some more words, cos as far as I remember the spoiler rules were never handled that rigid in this thread.

The GW spoiler-rules:
      Since our members are all watching different episodes on different stations in different parts of the world (from the U.S. to the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and more), we want to make sure that our fellow fans aren't spoiled about upcoming episode plot or character developments (unless they really want to be!). The goal is to give those who don't want to spoiled the chance to skip a post or thread without reading it.

The rule of thumb is this: If your post has spoilers it must include a spoiler warning, unless the thread (and thread title) already started with a warning for that episode.

We ask that you include a warning (including the specific episode title and season number) and use the [spoiler] tag to hide the relevant portions of text.
      The official spoiler rules says, if you go strictly with them, that nobody is ever allowed to post any episode pictures, or comments without spoiler tags, cos somewhere in the world a TV station will maybe broadcast SGU in the upcoming years. Since this thread has no spoiler warning at all in the title, even not for season 1, it contains quite a lot of spoilers nearly on every single page in between. Sorry, but the damage is done, already. Question is, should we go in the future strictly with the rules, at least for season 2, or should it be handled like it was done until now?

The way it was handled here in the beginning of 2010, when I become a member was: the latest episode should be broadcast in the English speaking countries USA (of course), Canada, GB, and Australia (New Zealand?). Those are the countries with an air date within a few weeks after the show aired on SyFy. This season it's only 1 week, the last season it was 2 weeks.

So question is to all of you

strict rules — that means all episodes of at least season 2 in spoiler tags until ??? forever ???

less strict rule — 1 week for those fans which are in GB (this is the last of the countries mentioned above).

I think we should spend a few posts on this question, cos it has consequences for all posts most of us do here. But I would remind all of you, if you go with it, that means no spoiler talk, or spoilery pictures about any episode of season 2 in the future (should we fix than all posts backwards too?) without spoiler tags. I have no problem to do that, if I have to, but I need to know it.
      sigpic

Comment

SGU S2 spoilers need spoiler tags. All SGU S1 episodes that haven't aired yet in syndication need spoiler tags. Other TV shows and movies need spoiler tags. If you don't know for sure, use spoiler tags. No single thread or person(s) gets to make the (their own or general) rules. The thread title and first post indicate spoilers, otherwise it's the general GW spoiler policy. General GW forum rules apply.
        Last edited by Jper; 28 October 2010, 12:51 PM.
        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
          SGU S2 spoilers need spoiler tags. All SGU S1 episodes that haven't aired yet in syndication need spoiler tags. Other TV shows and movies need spoiler tags. If you don't know for sure, use spoiler tags. No single thread or person(s) gets to make the (their own or general) rules. The thread title and first post indicate spoilers, otherwise it's the general GW spoiler policy. General GW forum rules apply.
          Question: so if the title would indicate say: "Spoilers throughout all SGU seasons and all RC work in general" then there would not be any need for spoiler tags? If this is the case, could we ask who started the thread (in this case Lahela) to amend the title? If this would be possible and she would agree, we would not have any need for spoiler tags?
          Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
            Question: so if the title would indicate say: "Spoilers throughout all SGU seasons and all RC work in general" then there would not be any need for spoiler tags? If this is the case, could we ask who started the thread (in this case Lahela) to amend the title? If this would be possible and she would agree, we would not have any need for spoiler tags?
            I would certainly prefer that
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
              Only moderators can change the title. And that's not how these threads work. All other threads have functioned fine like this for years. Why can't we just go on like GW has been doing for years in all other relationship/character threads?

Let's go back to the actual topic of the thread. Robert Carlyle or Nicholas Rush.
              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Cloverdale picspam, enjoy
                Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment