Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shinnor View Post
    My vacation is over, and I'm finally back to the world of Internet. I've missed you so much, ladies!
    Welcome back! We missed you, too. Like they say, the more the merrier
    sigpic

Comment

Grimm returns October 24
      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Finally had time to watch 'Pathogen'
        Spoiler:
        Great ep, and RC did an absolute excelent job. I liked Eli very much, and Wray. Seems they are becoming friends.

And Shinnor: Sometimes it's hard to be without internet, but when I'm away I don't miss it very much. I could have had internet access if I've wanted, but I saw so many interesting things during the days so I didn't need it. But now back home I wouldn't do without

And now looking forward for 'Cloverdale'
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
          And Shinnor: Sometimes it's hard to be without internet, but when I'm away I don't miss it very much. I could have had internet access if I've wanted, but I saw so many interesting things during the days so I didn't need it. But now back home I wouldn't do without

And now looking forward for 'Cloverdale'
          It's not so much about missing the Internet per se as not being able to watch the epsiodes in time and visit the Thunk-thread. Nicholas Rush withdrawal is a hard thing to deal with

Watched 'Cloverdale' today.
          Spoiler:
          Awesome and even a bit heart-warming, I should say.
          sigpic

This ship was named "Destiny" for a reason (c)

Comment

Watched 'Cloverdale' today.
            Spoiler:
            Awesome and even a bit heart-warming, I should say.
            Watched Cloverdale today too and enjoyed it, just
            Spoiler:
            had the impression that Rush was a bit absent in the story - except in the dream; am I wrong?
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Comment

Cloverdale
              Spoiler:
              I really enjoyed it. It was interesting and intense at times. I just wish Rush would have been in it more.
              I did like Rush as the minister and I like the way Scott sees him. I would have thought Scott would have made him evil; I'm he doesn't see Rush that way
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I think some Rush absence is to be expected what with him not being stuck in the bridge and all that, but he still got one moment in the real world that made me remember what a swell guy he can be sometimes:

Spoiler:
                It's after TJ realises that Chloe's immune to the plant sting, and she looks at Rush, saying, "I thought you said that the chair stripped all of that alien DNA away."
                Rush: "Well then she must've relapsed."

Nice of him to cover his own arse like that, and so quickly too. Go Rush.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                  Watched Cloverdale today too and enjoyed it, just
                  Spoiler:
                  had the impression that Rush was a bit absent in the story - except in the dream; am I wrong?
                  you're right
                  Spoiler:
                  Cloverdale was really all about Scott.. Rush was kinda in the bg in this ep.

my thoughts on Cloverdale..
                  Spoiler:
                  I loved how dream Rush had the same disgust for dream Young and the real Rush has for the real Young And Rush is picking some really bad planets!!!
                  i'll have more to say once I rewatch to ep but I did love it great ep!!
                  sigpic

Comment

'Cloverdale'

Spoiler:
                    As far as Rush is concerned, IMHO this is indeed a stand-alone episode, since he looks and behaves differently as compared to the majority of other epsiodes. He's not pissed off and depressed, just naturally worried because of the whole situation with Scott. He doesn't start any conflicts, he readily helps everyone and even stays with others until almost the very end.
                    As for the delirium sequence, when I saw the sign "Nicholas Rush, Justice of the Peace" I thought I'd die of emotional overload. To me it felt as if Nicky's true self was finally aprecciated, even if it was just the whim of Scott's subconscious.
                    sigpic

Comment

Also watched the episode minutes before. I must admit, that I didn't had high expectations for this episode, but I was in a good way surprised. The episode was much better than I expected. I really enjoyed it.

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                      I think some Rush absence is to be expected what with him not being stuck in the bridge and all that, but he still got one moment in the real world that made me remember what a swell guy he can be sometimes:

Spoiler:
                      It's after TJ realises that Chloe's immune to the plant sting, and she looks at Rush, saying, "I thought you said that the chair stripped all of that alien DNA away."
                      Rush: "Well then she must've relapsed."

Nice of him to cover his own arse like that, and so quickly too. Go Rush.
                      As much as I love to see him, other characters also should get their screen time. And this episode it was not Rush.

A small add for your nice observation:

Do you know why the devils grandmother once get hit by her lovely grandson?

Answer:
                      Spoiler:
                      She missed to find an excuse in one occasion.

Spoiler:
                      And no bad Rush this episode, always good. I got a little bit tired about that theme the last episodes. Not that I didn't recognised that Rush is not the good guy, but, the last episodes he did a lot of bad things.
                      And may I add the boots?, Too good.

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
                      you're right
                      Spoiler:
                      Cloverdale was really all about Scott.. Rush was kinda in the bg in this ep.

my thoughts on Cloverdale..
                      Spoiler:
                      I loved how dream Rush had the same disgust for dream Young and the real Rush has for the real Young And Rush is picking some really bad planets!!!
                      i'll have more to say once I rewatch to ep but I did love it great ep!!
                      Spoiler:
                      Did he? I think I have to re-watch it, to get that part better.

'Cloverdale'

Spoiler:
                      As far as Rush is concerned, IMHO this is indeed a stand-alone episode, since he looks and behaves differently as compared to the majority of other epsiodes. He's not pissed off and depressed, just naturally worried because of the whole situation with Scott. He doesn't start any conflicts, he readily helps everyone and even stays with others until almost the very end.
                      As for the delirium sequence, when I saw the sign "Nicholas Rush, Justice of the Peace" I thought I'd die of emotional overload. To me it felt as if Nicky's true self was finally aprecciated, even if it was just the whim of Scott's subconscious.
                      Spoiler:
                      Hmm, the first thing I thought about that was, that's irony, isn't it?

Question for those of you who are native speakers, and watched "Cloverdale":
                      Spoiler:
                      Rush used an American (?) accent in the dream parts, doesn't he? Whatever it was it was not his normal way to speak.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                        Also watched the episode minutes before. I must admit, that I didn't had high expectations for this episode, but I was in a good way surprised. The episode was much better than I expected. I really enjoyed it.

Spoiler:
                        Hmm, the first thing I thought about that was, that's irony, isn't it?
                        Seconded. I was worried by
                        Spoiler:
                        the whole another dream sequence stuff,
                        but IMHO they pulled it off very nicely.

Spoiler:
                        On the one hand, it is indeed ironic, especially when thinking of all those things that happened due to Nicky's desire to pursue "Destiny's mission/negligence/lack of trust to other people/insert your variant here. But on the other hand, justice has to be logical, impartial and protective of the greater good (meaning the general well-being of a society). That's what Nicky tries to do, isn't it?
                        sigpic

Comment

Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Comment

RC in SGU S02E05 Cloverdale:
                            Spoiler:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Agree with everything that everyone here had said about Cloverdale.
                              Spoiler:

And Rush dress and boots, just
                              First it started a bit slow, but man, the end was great
                              Also the Irony that Scott imagine him that way. But deep down I believe Rush is that man. He could be the good guy if he had not the trust issue and when his wife would still be alive. The way everything went make him a careless and pragmatic man. And I don´t think Rush is a coward, he care for his own life but he prove a few times now that he can make the right decisions, evan the bridge thing is a huge screw up on his side.
                              sigpic

Comment

(picture grabbed from Artemis-Neith earlier).

Question: can anybody tell me (repeat) for how long after an episode airs we need to use spoiler tags for discussions and spoilery pictures? for the whole season? I am a little bit confused - thought it would be 1 week .
                                Grimm returns October 24
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X