Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
    My intention of "watching Aftermath while ironing" did not really work out . I had watched around 5 minutes of the episode, when suddenly "PUFF!" everything went dark: the screen, the light in the room, the iron. For some reason there must have been a short-circuit and a fuse has blown. So I first had to get back electricity and afterwards I had to take a really difficult decision: to iron or to watch Aftermath? Guess what I decided to do . Of course I

Spoiler:
    watched Aftermath and at the end of it I was just speechless - I loved the last minutes of the episodes where he tries to explain to Gloria why it was important to send the shuttle - can't even think what will happen when the others find out that finally it was his fault
    Maybe the iron and RC together were too hot for your electricity?

Originally posted by Seythia View Post
    Danke Danke Danke, Cairistiona.
    The pics are so great!

Spoiler:
    I loved the episode. I'd almost say it's the best SGU episode so far. I hated that Riley had to die, but it was expected. They had to cut someone off in order to make room for the new characters AND the developing story. And Rush <3 I love how he's so accepting of the fact that he might be losing his mind. And I loved how relieved he looked when he realized that the people on the shuttle are alive (more or less)
    You are welcome!
    sigpic

Comment

Meh. I'm not impressed by the bad ratings. Not at all.
      I don't want this to be the last season
      Let's hope that the ratings will increase from now on, becaue I want to see more RC.
      += +lots of children
      Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller supporter!

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
        Maybe the iron and RC together were too hot for your electricity?
        Cairistiona, you are a genius. I hadn't taken that into account - that must be the reason, yeah, too hot both together ....

Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Question to Aftermath:

Spoiler:
          did also have the impression that Rush looked really tired and exhausted in this episode? wondering how RC played that. Is he able to play a really tired person even if he's not or has he on purpose not slept for 3 days and nights before the shooting of the episode

Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Comment

Question to Aftermath:

Spoiler:
            did also have the impression that Rush looked really tired and exhausted in this episode? wondering how RC played that. Is he able to play a really tired person even if he's not or has he on purpose not slept for 3 days and nights before the shooting of the episode
            Spoiler:
            I was wondering the same, he looked really tired. And I has wondered it since the beginning of 'Faith' where he looked very miserable in the beginning.

Stayed at home today because I felt not very well, but luckily the postman showed up with my amazon order: two books and a DVD with 'Ballroom Dancing & Charm School'.

And here's another one from 'The last enemy'
            sigpic

Comment

Just found the announcement for the German DVD release for SGU season 1 for Nov. 26th. Looks much better as I thought first. It contains a lot of bonus material:

Bonus Material as listed:

• Pilot, extended, and TV version (Pilotfilm als TV-Version und als Extended Cut)
              • Interviews with the creators of SGU (Interviews mit den Schöpfern von "Stargate Universe")
              • Fabrication of a new species (Erschaffung einer neuen Rasse)
              • Elyse Levesque swimms (Elyse Levesque geht schwimmen)
              • A talk with the cast: Peter Kelamis (Ein Gespräch mit der Besetzung: Peter Kelamis)
              • A guided tour through the Destiny set (Eine Tour über das Destiny-Set mit Chris Beach)
              • Formation of a stunt (Die Entstehung eines Stunts)
              • Behind the scenes of "Incursion" (Hinter den Kulissen der Episode "Feindlicher Übergriff")
              • Destiny SML (Map of the universe & ship's log) (Destiny SML (Sternenkarte und Logbuch))
              • Kino's ("Kino"-Videotagebücher)
              • 18 audio-comments for selected episodes (18 Audiokommentare zu ausgesuchten Episoden)

Price now 44,99 € (I think it will decrease after a while), but it looks fair. Well, I guess I'll take this one.
              sigpic

Comment

Meh. I'm not impressed by the bad ratings. Not at all.
                I don't want this to be the last season
                Let's hope that the ratings will increase from now on, becaue I want to see more RC.
                I don't want this to be the last season either
                *hopes the ratings go up*

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                Just found the announcement for the German DVD release for SGU season 1 for Nov. 26th. Looks much better as I thought first. It contains a lot of bonus material:

• Pilot, extended, and TV version (Pilotfilm als TV-Version und als Extended Cut)
                • Interviews with the creators of SGU (Interviews mit den Schöpfern von "Stargate Universe")
                • A talk with the cast: Peter Kelamis (Ein Gespräch mit der Besetzung: Peter Kelamis)
                • A guided tour through the Destiny set (Eine Tour über das Destiny-Set mit Chris Beach)
                • Behind the scenes of "Incursion" (Hinter den Kulissen der Episode "Feindlicher Übergriff")
                • Destiny SML (Map of the universe & ship's log) (Destiny SML (Sternenkarte und Logbuch))
                • 18 audio-comments for selected episodes (18 Audiokommentare zu ausgesuchten Episoden)

Price now 44,99 € (I think it will decrease after a while), but it looks fair. Well, I guess I'll take this one.
                That looks nice How different is that from the USA version??
                sigpic
                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                  I don't want this to be the last season either
                  *hopes the ratings go up*

That looks nice How different is that from the USA version??
                  Since the German edition is not released yet, and the reviews of the R2 edition (Amazon UK and D for the R2 release), never say anything about the content of the DVDs (always the same "I love the show, blablabla..." or " I hate the show, blablabla...", seriously who want to know that after the 200th version of the same 2 opinions?), I simply don't know. All I see is the German edition will have 6 discs, and the UK had 5. I simply guess, it's the same content, or more likely, more than on the UK release, maybe nearly the same as the R1 release. In any case I can choose between several languages, and most important several subtitle options. And, I like the cover, I think it's the same as in the UK one, isn't it?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post

I have the UK Version (yes, I bought it, but my friend will buy the german one, so I can watch the others extras with him) and it contains 5 discs. It's more or less the same as far that I can tell. These things are missing:

But it contains 'Stargate 101 Presented by Dr. Daniel Jackson
                    The cover seems to be the same as the UK version
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok... so should I buy the German or the US version?
                      I can't really decide. I've aleady downloaded all the episodes, but I think it's definately woth the money.

Btw, is it true that they tanslated FTL with 'Hyperraumantrieb' (Hyperspace) in German?
                      I haven't seen a single dubbed episode.
                      += +lots of children
                      Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller supporter!

Comment

Ok... so should I buy the German or the US version?
                        I can't really decide. I've aleady downloaded all the episodes, but I think it's definately woth the money.

Btw, is it true that they tanslated FTL with 'Hyperraumantrieb' (Hyperspace) in German?
                        I haven't seen a single dubbed episode.
                        Yes, there was something like that. And other terrible translations. That's the reason why I don't need the german version. But maybe they have corrected it. And as there's the english version on it, too, then it's up to you which one you buy. But the UK version is cheaper if you order it from amazon.uk.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey folks! Yesterday I have ordered the movie "there is only one Jimmy Grimble". I should get it in around 3 weeks, and I look forward to it

Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey folks! Yesterday I have ordered the movie "there is only one Jimmy Grimble". I should get it in around 3 weeks, and I look forward to it
                            It's always nice to have something to look forward to

Yesterday I watched 'Ballroom Dancing & Charm School'. RC is simply amazing in it. I had a hard time not to turn into a puddle of something wet on the floor.

And after watching 'Aftermath' again
                            Spoiler:
                            I think I'm going to ship for Rush/bridge too. He looked a bit like a child at christmas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                              Yesterday I watched 'Ballroom Dancing & Charm School'. RC is simply amazing in it. I had a hard time not to turn into a puddle of something wet on the floor.
                              I watched it too. I liked it, even if sometimes I had the urge to make RC a new haircut in that movie

And after watching 'Aftermath' again
                              Spoiler:
                              I think I'm going to ship for Rush/bridge too. He looked a bit like a child at christmas
                              yes, new thunk object

let's see if we manage to find all together notebook / glasses / console and
                              Spoiler:
                              bridge
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Comment

Yes, I've finally watched it, the "Aftermath". Oh, dear...

Spoiler:
                                I feel so terribly sorry for Nicky, I can't even tell you. Such a blow after everything he' been through....Am I the only one?
                                sigpic

This ship was named "Destiny" for a reason (c)

Comment

Working...
                                X