Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kansaikimono View Post
    Green with envy! The library has a copy of The Last Enemy, but the others are not available here in the States, at least not easily or affordably. They're Region 2. Maybe I just need to plan a trip abroad just so's I can watch 'em! Ha ha!
    All of them are R2, I think, it's rare that DVDs are R-Free, but that can happen, I'll have a look on it, when the DVDs arrive. I still think it's strange that those films are not in the same way available as they're in Europe, normally you guys get everything over there, but seems not with those "small" films.

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
    Sounds like a busy weekend

I'm going to order:
    The Last Enemy - The Complete Mini-Series [DVD] [2007]
    Face [DVD] [1997]
    And with no German version in sight
    Stargate Universe - Complete Season 1 [DVD] [2009]
    And for a friend
    Hamish MacBeth : Series 1-3 (6 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
    I so hope for a busy weekend!

Face is good (I'm still grumpy that I bought accidentally the German version ).

For SGU I'm still waiting for the German release, surly not for the awful dubbing, but for the extras. In case the German release will have more than the UK version, I'll buy this, if not, I'll buy the UK version. But, I hope it will soon announced, until now, I've read nothing. And what I really hate is that sellers like Amazon nearly never lists the extras for the DVDs, like informations about subs (English subs for English films makes dialects, or slang much more understandable, especially if English is not your first language).
    Another thing are the reviews: reviewers seems normally not to care about the content of the DVDs, with the exception of more or less, mostly useless reviews about the film, or the series. I don't mind reviews about the film itself, but really the 100th review with the same blabla is almost of nobodies interest. But that's another story. From those who own the R2 DVDs, do you have a list of extras, or a link for those. That would be nice.
    sigpic

Comment

And to do something against the lack of pics:

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/a...h39m20s223.jpg

Cairistiona
      : good idea!

Grimm returns October 24
      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post

From those who own the R2 DVDs, do you have a list of extras, or a link for those. That would be nice.
        Of which movies are you looking for this information? If of those I have at home I could check.
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
          Of which movies are you looking for this information? If of those I have at home I could check.
          Ah, not for the movies, but for the season 1 SGU R2 release. Sorry that was not clear. Concerning the movies, well, I order them and look what I get! It's always interesting.

Concerning the horror vacui

sigpic

Comment

Look at all that spoiler talk. Although I watched the trailer, I don't want to think about it. Only five days until S2!

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx261/Artemis-Neith/Looking%20After%20Jojo/LAJJ14h45m49s115.png
            That puts some dirty thoughts into my head.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
              Look at all that spoiler talk. Although I watched the trailer, I don't want to think about it. Only five days until S2!

That puts some dirty thoughts into my head.
              The spoiler talk was not so bad, like the trailer was!

Egle01, now I'm really concerned about you, how can you have such thoughts about that almost innocent picture?

sigpic

Comment

Egle01, now I'm really concerned about you, how can you have such thoughts about that almost innocent picture?

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/x...h41m11s150.png
                When my imagination runs wild, then it can gutterize any picture.
                sigpic

Comment

Ah, not for the movies, but for the season 1 SGU R2 release. Sorry that was not clear. Concerning the movies, well, I order them and look what I get! It's always interesting.

Concerning the horror vacui

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/x...h45m49s115.png
                  Okay - for SGU season 1 I cannot help you unfortunately.

Hu? had to check out 'horror vacui'

from which movie is this screen cap?
                  Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Comment

Okay - for SGU season 1 I cannot help you unfortunately.

Hu? had to check out 'horror vacui'

from which movie is this screen cap?
                    Screen cap(s) is (are) from Looking After Jo Jo, a mini series, which is quite good, but unfortunately not easy to understand (plays in Edinburgh!), the release is from the pre-DVD era, so no chance for subs, which is quite a pity.

Another picture to avoid horror vacui

sigpic

Comment

I so hope for a busy weekend!

Face is good (I'm still grumpy that I bought accidentally the German version ).

For SGU I'm still waiting for the German release, surly not for the awful dubbing, but for the extras. In case the German release will have more than the UK version, I'll buy this, if not, I'll buy the UK version. But, I hope it will soon announced, until now, I've read nothing. And what I really hate is that sellers like Amazon nearly never lists the extras for the DVDs, like informations about subs (English subs for English films makes dialects, or slang much more understandable, especially if English is not your first language).
                      I nearly made the mistake with the only-German version, too. I've noticed that it was common with the first DVDs to have only one language. Most of the newer releases have more.

Do you think there might be more extras on the German version? Hm, thinking about it I will change SGU to another RC movie and wait for Christmas
                      sigpic

Comment

Screen cap(s) is (are) from Looking After Jo Jo, a mini series, which is quite good, but unfortunately not easy to understand (plays in Edinburgh!), the release is from the pre-DVD era, so no chance for subs, which is quite a pity.

Another picture to avoid horror vacui
                        I like this expression "avoid horror vacui"! So this is my contribution:

sorry for the repetition - but I am in love with this picture
                        Grimm returns October 24
                        sigpic

Comment

had to check first at home - it is Windows Media Player
                          Try this one: vlc media player
                          sigpic

Comment

sorry, forgot to add a picture

sigpic

Comment

I nearly made the mistake with the only-German version, too. I've noticed that it was common with the first DVDs to have only one language. Most of the newer releases have more.

Do you think there might be more extras on the German version? Hm, thinking about it I will change SGU to another RC movie and wait for Christmas
                              To make this mistake is easy, there're still a lot of DVDs around with one language option only. So it's better to look a second time to the description.

You never know how many extras you'll get in different versions. I only remember the releases of BSG. The UK Version had no, right, absolutely zero extras for the 3th season, but the German version had at least a few extras, but much less than the USA Version. So, sometimes it's worth to wait a little bit, to see what other releases will offer.

mi_guard (thanks )sent me this morning a message with an brand new announcement for the season 1 relaese in Germany: http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...=news&news=596

What I don't like is the fact that the DVD has a FSK 12 label. This is suspect, and would mean, that some episodes have to be shortend to fit in this label (that would be PG-13, I think, for other countries), like "Time", and "Subversion", and that is, for my taste not acceptable. But, maybe the announcement just copied the Cover for the release of the extended pilot, which was (at least in Germany) suitable for teens. I give it a few more weeks, and than I'll decide what to do. TBH, in the moment I tend to buy the UK version.
                              sigpic

Comment

To make this mistake is easy, there're still a lot of DVDs around with one language option only. So it's better to look a second time to the description.

You never know how many extras you'll get in different versions. I only remember the releases of BSG. The UK Version had no, right, absolutely zero extras for the 3th season, but the German version had at least a few extras, but much less than the USA Version. So, sometimes it's worth to wait a little bit, to see what other releases will offer.

TBH, in the moment I tend to buy the UK version.
                                I'll think about it till the weekend, but I'll have to order then to get it right in time for my birthday

A friend of mine nearly made another mistake: he wanted an older movie as BlueRay and it's only available as R1!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X