X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the fansites, thanks for the links
    sigpic

Comment

Agreed! Thanks for the sites. Some interviews and pictures I haven't seen before.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the links to the fab sites..I've been aware of quite a bit of RC's wonderful work over the years but didn't know anything about him as a person..the more I read the more I appreciate him...the lovely pic's you guys post help with the RC appreciation too.

Comment

The GW fanfic site is still down for repairs, so here are some paragraphs to follow the story presented in Posts #5741 and #5754:

Oh, she was in so much trouble! But it had been so cute! Okay, so it had porcupine quills for whiskers and its tongue really scratched and drew blood when it licked your face, but it looked so much like her own orange tabby! She really missed Buttons. Buttons would know what to do. He'd crawl in her lap, touch her face with his paw and mew, as if to say he understood how she felt. But this Buttons was a bit bigger than her own cat. Actually, at 70 pounds or so, it was a lot bigger. So how was she supposed to have known that it was just a kitten? It wasn't really her fault! It came up to her and it looked so helpless. How was she supposed to know it was just a baby? Now someone was going to yell at her all because that stupid scientist in Rush's body insisted on standing between her and the mama "kitty."

Greer pushed through the smoke and debris, stepping carefully to avoid the animal parts blasted to every side of him. He hated to admit it, but a rockin' good explosion always made him feel a bit giddy. Damn shame about the mama, though. Shame to have killed it when it was only protecting its young. Greer caught sight of a long tooth jutting out from a bit of soft tissue. He reached down and with a deft twist, removed it from the animal's mangled mouth. Cool souvenir.

Brody and Scott gently lowered Rush to a leafy bed on the forest floor. Brody reached over and felt for a pulse at Rush's neck. It was barely perceptible. Alarmed, he pulled his back pack off and scrounged around inside, looking for the "emergency" medical kit TJ had put together for them. A few band-aids, some organic ointment, bug spray, and a ragged t-shirt she had said could be used for bandaging. He pressed it against Rush's side, noticing that the dust from the explosion had settled into the deep gashes and formed a pasty residue. Infection was their greatest enemy. Damn Evans for being so bold. Even a city kid knew better than to stand between a mother and child. Evans was trying to impress Park. He was sure that's what it was. Stupid act of unnecessary heroism. With Rush unconscious, and probably dying, who would be able to translate?
          sigpic

Comment

Sneak quietly in, look around, smile and giggle seeing the cute photos, start to sneak out again...

Originally posted by kansaikimono View Post
            The GW fanfic site is still down for repairs, so here are some paragraphs to follow the story presented in Posts #5741 and #5754:

Spoiler:
            Oh, she was in so much trouble! But it had been so cute! Okay, so it had porcupine quills for whiskers and its tongue really scratched and drew blood when it licked your face, but it looked so much like her own orange tabby! She really missed Buttons. Buttons would know what to do. He'd crawl in her lap, touch her face with his paw and mew, as if to say he understood how she felt. But this Buttons was a bit bigger than her own cat. Actually, at 70 pounds or so, it was a lot bigger. So how was she supposed to have known that it was just a kitten? It wasn't really her fault! It came up to her and it looked so helpless. How was she supposed to know it was just a baby? Now someone was going to yell at her all because that stupid scientist in Rush's body insisted on standing between her and the mama "kitty."

Greer pushed through the smoke and debris, stepping carefully to avoid the animal parts blasted to every side of him. He hated to admit it, but a rockin' good explosion always made him feel a bit giddy. Damn shame about the mama, though. Shame to have killed it when it was only protecting its young. Greer caught sight of a long tooth jutting out from a bit of soft tissue. He reached down and with a deft twist, removed it from the animal's mangled mouth. Cool souvenir.

Brody and Scott gently lowered Rush to a leafy bed on the forest floor. Brody reached over and felt for a pulse at Rush's neck. It was barely perceptible. Alarmed, he pulled his back pack off and scrounged around inside, looking for the "emergency" medical kit TJ had put together for them. A few band-aids, some organic ointment, bug spray, and a ragged t-shirt she had said could be used for bandaging. He pressed it against Rush's side, noticing that the dust from the explosion had settled into the deep gashes and formed a pasty residue. Infection was their greatest enemy. Damn Evans for being so bold. Even a city kid knew better than to stand between a mother and child. Evans was trying to impress Park. He was sure that's what it was. Stupid act of unnecessary heroism. With Rush unconscious, and probably dying, who would be able to translate?

That's another nice idea to bypass the (much toooooo long) hiatus. Can't wait to see how it'll go on!

Glad to (see, no to) read that everybody is fine here. Today is the 1. day at CC SD for SGU, isn't it? I'm waiting impatiently for in detailed reports! And hope everybody will have fun there!

P.S. What's wrong with the GW ff site? Can't you post a new thread over there? It looks ok for me (but without any SGU stories, it's not really interesting for me).
            Last edited by Artemis-Neith; 23 July 2010, 04:12 AM. Reason: P.S.
            sigpic

Comment

Just had to pop in here and give you my random RC thought for the day. Was rewatching "Air" last night, and I suddenly realized that RC has really nice hands.

Yep. There it is. My random thought. Must go try and work now.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                What's wrong with the GW ff site? Can't you post a new thread over there? It looks ok for me (but without any SGU stories, it's not really interesting for me).
                I get this: Our fanfic uploader is currently offline for repairs. Though we do not have an estimate on when it will return, we are working on it! Our apologies for the inconvenience. Please join GateWorld's fanfic mailing list to be notified with any updates.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kansaikimono View Post
                  I get this: Our fanfic uploader is currently offline for repairs. Though we do not have an estimate on when it will return, we are working on it! Our apologies for the inconvenience. Please join GateWorld's fanfic mailing list to be notified with any updates.
                  You found the message on this page: http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/fanfic.shtml?

But wouldn't it be possible to post something in this part http://forum.gateworld.net/forums/19-Fan-Fiction of the Forum?

It looks more like a page where people can post their work in progress, like that what you're doing here. All you need is a title for you project!

What I've seen (read -- does anybody know how to encode a crossed out word?) from your story looks exciting, it wouldn't hurt me if you post it here furthermore.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm off on vacation or a week, no internet. Have fun dissecting the CC stuff - hope to find lots of pics when I get back!

*huggles thread*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                      You found the message on this page: http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/fanfic.shtml? But wouldn't it be possible to post something in this part http://forum.gateworld.net/forums/19-Fan-Fiction of the Forum? It looks more like a page where people can post their work in progress, like that what you're doing here. All you need is a title for you project!
                      I checked out the alternate site. I don't think it's a very frequented thread: the last page had posts that dated from July 2008 up to 2010. Most of the posts were comments on the lack of activity there. Near the end, writers were being directed back to http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/fanfic.shtml.

What I'm looking for here - on this thread - is twofold. One, this hiatus is a killer and I'm really needing an RC/SGU fix, even if it means writing my own stuff. I've lived in Carrollton for four years and I've yet to meet anyone who watches Stargate, so you ladies are a life line when it comes to any opportunity for me to share this interest. Thank you!

Second, I know that several of you write and write well. I'm intrigued by the idea of merging our story lines and seeing what we get. Characters can have such a life of their own so you never know quite where they'll take the story. Where do Rush and Brody lead you?

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                      I'm off on vacation or a week, no internet. Have fun dissecting the CC stuff - hope to find lots of pics when I get back! *huggles thread*
                      Safe journey!

sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't be posting SGU fic on the fan fic forum. It is not SGU friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                          I wouldn't be posting SGU fic on the fan fic forum. It is not SGU friendly.
                          I fear you're not wrong with that There must be a reason, at least, that you don't find any, or nearly any sgu stories in GW. I remember I've seen one, but that one is abandonment since quite a lot of weeks now, and I don't think we'll see the end of that story.

@kansaikimono & @phoenixfangor
                          But I think to post your, or should I say our all -- well, for those who can contribute to -- story, here is a good idea. In the end we'll have con reports, photos, and a Rush centric story (or maybe 1 or 2 more). A good thing to shorten the time till sgu 2. season premiere.
                          sigpic

Comment

kansaikimono & phoenixfangor

great chapters, keep them coming!

Here a few nice photos from twitter and links to Comic Con SGU Panel *spoilers for S2*

http://www3.timeoutny.com/chicago/bl...on-2010-day-2/

http://www.daemonstv.com/2010/07/23/...le-david-blue/

http://io9.com/5594961/nerd-thunderd...ns-eli-vsmckay

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Stargate...i-1020901.aspx

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.co...-universe.html
                            Last edited by myhelix; 25 July 2010, 04:20 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the links, myhelix! Will have to look at them more throughout the day when I have some time.

For now all I have to say is...
                              Spoiler:
                              I can't wait for the s2 episode where Rush meets his future self. Two Rushes in one episode! What more can a girl ask for? I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for that one.

P.S. - Those pictures are great as well! I love pictures.
                              Last edited by Jackson-Rush-Fan; 24 July 2010, 04:40 AM. Reason: P.S.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Rush-Fan View Post
                                Thanks for the links, myhelix! Will have to look at them more throughout the day when I have some time.

For now all I have to say is...
                                Spoiler:
                                I can't wait for the s2 episode where Rush meets his future self. Two Rushes in one episode! What more can a girl ask for? I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for that one.

P.S. - Those pictures are great as well! I love pictures.
                                Glad to help. And
                                Spoiler:
                                the two Rushes, OMG, I love that. Young will have a hard time to decide which Rush he´ll trust now. . also looking forward to the head to head thing with Robert Keppners character.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X