Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another wardrobe goof that annoys:

Rush has just returned to Destiny via the stones and is headed for the control room when Brody cuts him off from the LA invaders who are quickly rounding up hostages. He's still wearing the fatigues Telford changed into when he came aboard Destiny.

While Kiva is still herding hostages and making decisions about which ones she wants to shoot, Rush appears in the control room wearing his regular clothes.

I don't think Rush hurried out of the Infirmary for a wardrobe change and I can't imagine his character caring about what he's wearing in the middle of a crisis!
    Last edited by kansaikimono; 11 July 2010, 03:08 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

LMAO I never noticed that one!

However I have always wondered how Chloe got her clothes back after being abducted by the blue aliens...

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
        However I have always wondered how Chloe got her clothes back after being abducted by the blue aliens...
        Chloe packed lightly for the trip - just two bags.

She took it with her during the evacuation. Notice she's wearing a dress.

She's wearing a brown, spaghetti strap blouse just before her abduction.

When she gets back, she's wearing a pink blouse; though admittedly, it looks very similar.

Rush takes his bag with him when he goes through the gate, but ya' gotta' wonder when he had time to leave the gate room and get it from his quarters. He came all the way from Earth and all he has is a leather jacket?

Somewhere there's a photo of him packing his bag while Eli tries to get him to talk to a Kino. It might be one of the Kino episodes, but all he appears to be doing is stuffing his jacket into his bag.
        Last edited by kansaikimono; 11 July 2010, 03:24 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Wow! I really should pay more attention to detail
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

LOL

I just bought the firdt DVD 1.0 off eBay for $10.53 (a steal!) and I can't wait until it gets here so I can watch all the early episodes over again, for the details. {I have the last 7 on DVR}

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
              Wow! I really should pay more attention to detail
              If you like those details, check this out.

In the episode "Pain," Camille is dressed in blue, but Greer sees her in red.

Apparently, Stargate Command makes all the women shop at the same store. Camille and Chloe are wearing the same blouse, just a different color.

And when you look at the crowd scenes, practically everyone is dressed in the same colors and style of clothing. I don't know about you, but where I work, people dress DRASTICALLY different from each other. And yes, I know that costumers put extras in dull, solid colors (blues, reds, black, brown and cream for SGU) so the main characters stand out visually, but I think they've carried the idea a bit too far. How many cardigans, cowl necks, and button downs can you count?

Last edited by kansaikimono; 11 July 2010, 03:40 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

That's cool. You should start a "Stargate" bloopers thread - for all series, but only allow images that were actually in episodes. That would be so fun.

Comment

Originally posted by kansaikimono View Post
                  Another wardrobe goof that annoys:

Rush has just returned to Destiny via the stones and is headed for the control room when Brody cuts him off from the LA invaders who are quickly rounding up hostages. He's still wearing the fatigues Telford changed into when he came aboard Destiny.

While Kiva is still herding hostages and making decisions about which ones she wants to shoot, Rush appears in the control room wearing his regular clothes.

I don't think Rush hurried out of the Infirmary for a wardrobe change and I can't imagine his character caring about what he's wearing in the middle of a crisis!
                  Rush takes his bag with him when he goes through the gate, but ya' gotta' wonder when he had time to leave the gate room and get it from his quarters. He came all the way from Earth and all he has is a leather jacket?

Somewhere there's a photo of him packing his bag while Eli tries to get him to talk to a Kino. It might be one of the Kino episodes, but all he appears to be doing is stuffing his jacket into his bag.
                  Also not a blooper. The last time we see Rush he's in his quarters. He was probably there when the alarm went off, grabbed his bag and then went to the gateroom with it.

My view is that he would have changed. After being tortured and likely told what happened to Telford he'd change just to get rid of the psychic stink of what happened to him and to Telford.

If you like those details, check this out.

In the episode "Pain," Camille is dressed in blue, but Greer sees her in red.
                  Not a blooper. It's to differentiate what's real and what's not for the audience.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                    Also not a blooper. The last time we see Rush he's in his quarters. He was probably there when the alarm went off, grabbed his bag and then went to the gateroom with it.
                    My view is that he would have changed. After being tortured and likely told what happened to Telford he'd change just to get rid of the psychic stink of what happened to him and to Telford.
                    Not a blooper. It's to differentiate what's real and what's not for the audience.
                    No, it's not a blooper. We were talking about picking up details. But I still think that the fatigues to regular clothes is a continuity error. He disregards TJ in the infirmary because he's insistent on reaching the control room, only to detour by his quarters during a shoot out?

As for grabbing his bag when the alarm sounded, that's stretching it a bit too, I think. When alarms sound, you go to your duty station. For Rush, that was the gate room. Later, when Young realizes they're not going to win this fight, he issues an evacuation order. That's when everybody grabs what they can take and heads for the gate room. Since Rush is already there, trying desperately to dial the 9th chevron, he has no reason to return to his quarters for his bag. All his energies are focused on the project.

But either way, his bag should have at least one change of clothes in it or else why bother taking it?
                    sigpic

Comment

No, it's not a blooper. We were talking about picking up details. But I still think that the fatigues to regular clothes is a continuity error. He disregards TJ in the infirmary because he's insistent on reaching the control room, only to detour by his quarters during a shoot out?
                      There is a lull after this point. Easily could have gone to change. There's no suggestion that he detoured.

As for grabbing his bag when the alarm sounded, that's stretching it a bit too, I think. When alarms sound, you go to your duty station. For Rush, that was the gate room. Later, when Young realizes they're not going to win this fight, he issues an evacuation order. That's when everybody grabs what they can take and heads for the gate room. Since Rush is already there, trying desperately to dial the 9th chevron, he has no reason to return to his quarters for his bag. All his energies are focused on the project.
                      He doesn't go to the gateroom to dial the ninth chevron, they're evacuating. You'd grab your bag if you're evacuating, wouldn't you?

But either way, his bag should have at least one change of clothes in it or else why bother taking it?
                      If I was evacuating, I wouldn't grab clothes, I'd grab things of importance.

Comment

Blooper was used for lack of a better word.

Anyway, I read somewhere that Rush does indeed have his leather jacket with him on board Destiny so maybe that really was all that was in his bag. Either way, with the lack of clothes if I were him I'd alternate between wearing the Tshirt or the thermal separately.

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
                          Blooper was used for lack of a better word.

Anyway, I read somewhere that Rush does indeed have his leather jacket with him on board Destiny so maybe that really was all that was in his bag. Either way, with the lack of clothes if I were him I'd alternate between wearing the Tshirt or the thermal separately.
                          Yeah, you do have to wonder why he doesn't use the option. Maybe it's cold on board. More likely, it's cold on the set. Actually, given how many people had time to grab their bags, very few actually change their clothes. Obviously there are military stores on board, so you gotta' wonder why they don't borrow military garb. Franklin's shirt was in pretty bad shape, but he continued to wear it. Rush does wear fatigues when he visits the desert planet and the planet with the downed ship, but he doesn't wear the fatigues aboard Destiny. And he apparently sleeps in his clothes. That can't help any.

Here's another detail for you. In "Air Pt 1" Telford is the only one at the dinner table to notice Rush enter and leave the room. It's nearly impossible to catch on air, but you can see it in the screen capture.

Last edited by kansaikimono; 11 July 2010, 03:43 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, you do have to wonder why he doesn't use the option. Maybe it's cold on board. More likely, it's cold on the set. Actually, given how many people had time to grab their bags, very few actually change their clothes. Obviously there are military stores on board, so you gotta' wonder why they don't borrow military garb. Franklin's shirt was in pretty bad shape, but he continued to wear it. Rush does wear fatigues when he visits the desert planet and the planet with the downed ship, but he doesn't wear the fatigues aboard Destiny. And he apparently sleeps in his clothes. That can't help any.
                            Yes, he should definitely not sleep in his clothes. And definitely, we should have more scenes of him sleeping. Do, please, connect those dots.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                              Yes, he should definitely not sleep in his clothes. And definitely, we should have more scenes of him sleeping. Do, please, connect those dots.
                              Yes! I can think of at least a dozen times or more when he's on his back. Shall we begin?

Tag! You're it! I don't want to have all the fun finding the photos of him on his back. Are we limiting ourselves to SGU?
                              sigpic

Comment

Goodness me, no.

Comment

Working...
                                X