Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
    Made a present for my lovely thread sibs (to tide us over until GW puts up their own selection...). If you like them, please feel free to snurch and use to your heart's content.

For these ones, I just snurched a bunch of GW smilies and redid the hair and glasses so it looks more like him. I've made other ones from scratch (loads of Ronon ones for the Momoa forum). *loves Photoshop*
    WOW great smiley´s! About time

And thanks for the caps Egle!

Happy Birthday to ladyp.

sgu0105-0540_ed..jpg
    sigpic

Comment

BTW, if anyone has any requests, I'll try my hand at them.
      I'd request Rush/console, but console must be hard to create, so... Not making my request.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
        I'd request Rush/console, but console must be hard to create, so... Not making my request.
        *ponders tweaking a DHD from a current smilie* I'll give it a go.
        sigpic

Comment

*ponders tweaking a DHD from a current smilie* I'll give it a go.
          Really? Oh, you're a sweetheart!
          sigpic

Comment

LF interview - http://colonelez.net/pages/sgnews.php/?p=15

When asked, Louis told us the story of the now infamous surveillance camera prank he pulled on Robert Carlyle (something that in the next few weeks we can hopefully share with you)

“We kept that one up pretty much all day before we let him know. I am still waiting for his revenge, which terrifies me.”

Can't wait.

And two more caps from "Pain" -

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Eri!

BTW, if anyone has any requests, I'll try my hand at them.
              How about a killer desktop picture from "Pain" or "Sabotage" or because.

Because I simply just need some more Nicholas Rush heh.

(And you are awesome at Photoshop-something I'll never be lol)

Comment

For these ones, I just snurched a bunch of GW smilies and redid the hair and glasses so it looks more like him. I've made other ones from scratch (loads of Ronon ones for the Momoa forum). *loves Photoshop*
                So... you could make one of a blackhaired woman looking at Todd, the wraith, saying "I'm watching you!"? Or something similar? (I can't remember the exact image right now...)

All I know is that I requested such a design in one of the other threads *months* ago, and it kinda died down so I didn't get the smilie...
                ~Bushy~

"Look, you don't know me. This is when I'm at my best. This is when I shine: impossible deadlines."
                Dr. Meredith Rodney McKay
                -
                "That doesn’t matter! You’re hostages! We’re your…we’re your captors! We’re heavily armed! There’s rules! There’s a whole school of etiquette to this!"
                Dr. Daniel Jackson
                -
                "My name is Dean Winchester. I'm an Aquarius. I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach, and frisky women."
                Dean Winchester

Comment

When asked, Louis told us the story of the now infamous surveillance camera prank he pulled on Robert Carlyle (something that in the next few weeks we can hopefully share with you)

“We kept that one up pretty much all day before we let him know. I am still waiting for his revenge, which terrifies me.”

Can't wait.

Spoiler:

Oh lord, I wonder what it was they did to him. I can't wait to find out about that too. Listening to the commentaries on the 1.0 DVD, Louis seems like a really fun guy to work with (and I got prankster, right away).

Also, Egle, I love when you provide Rush/console pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri8321317 View Post
                    Oh lord, I wonder what it was they did to him. I can't wait to find out about that too. Listening to the commentaries on the 1.0 DVD, Louis seems like a really fun guy to work with (and I got prankster, right away).
                    Have you listened to "Water"? Four people, two conversations, impossible to understand what they're talking about. But a lot of fun, yes.

Also, Egle, I love when you provide Rush/console pics.
                    I love making 'em.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri8321317 View Post
                      How about a killer desktop picture from "Pain" or "Sabotage" or because.

Because I simply just need some more Nicholas Rush heh.

(And you are awesome at Photoshop-something I'll never be lol)
                      Will set aside some time this week.

Originally posted by BFH_Bushy_Tush View Post
                      So... you could make one of a blackhaired woman looking at Todd, the wraith, saying "I'm watching you!"? Or something similar? (I can't remember the exact image right now...)

All I know is that I requested such a design in one of the other threads *months* ago, and it kinda died down so I didn't get the smilie...
                      PM me the details and I'll have a go!

Just rewatched Pain. Oh my. Rush simply rules all.
                      sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday ladypredator!!!!!!

Great caps Egle!

Love the smilies Lahela! rush_smile by lahela.gif

Can't wait.

I wants to know about that prank now
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Can't wait.

Thank´s for posting Egle! "surveillance camera prank" sound like something I would kill Louis for Would be cool to hear more about that prank from RC.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thank y'all for the birthday wishes!

Just got back from doing a job interview. Here's hoping...

Re Pain:
                            Spoiler:
                            I was rather disappointed with this episode, except for a few of Rush's scenes (of course). I love how he not only avoids Greer, but actually gets the drop on him and Wray. He's seeing aliens of course, but he still kicks some ass.

I was highly disappointed that we didn't get to see him taken to the infirmary or the tick removal -- I bet he fought every step of the way and likely caused some damage. It also would serve Young right to see the consequences of what he set in motion - the damage he caused.

There just wasn't enough aftermath for me, though, admittedly, it is in character for Rush to shut it all up inside once he's back in control.

I also thought that it was Mandy he wanted to talk to Wray about and I was sorry that we never got to see that scene. I'm playing around with a couple of versions of it in my head; might actually write one out at some point.

I meant to write Rush and Mandy actually having sex after he sobs it all out on her shoulder, but found that it felt better that they shared comfort instead od jumping into bed. So that's what I ended up writing.

Still, it seems to me that it would be interesting to explore the likely possibility that Camile dreams of Mandy's experiences. We saw Scott dreaming of Telford's experiences and apparently they're going to use that again in the future. Be very intriguing to see how Camile would respond to getting flashes of what Mandy feels for Rush.

Comment

Originally posted by ladypredator View Post
                              Thank y'all for the birthday wishes!

Just got back from doing a job interview. Here's hoping...

Re Pain:
                              Spoiler:
                              I was rather disappointed with this episode, except for a few of Rush's scenes (of course). I love how he not only avoids Greer, but actually gets the drop on him and Wray. He's seeing aliens of course, but he still kicks some ass.

I was highly disappointed that we didn't get to see him taken to the infirmary or the tick removal -- I bet he fought every step of the way and likely caused some damage. It also would serve Young right to see the consequences of what he set in motion - the damage he caused.

There just wasn't enough aftermath for me, though, admittedly, it is in character for Rush to shut it all up inside once he's back in control.

I also thought that it was Mandy he wanted to talk to Wray about and I was sorry that we never got to see that scene. I'm playing around with a couple of versions of it in my head; might actually write one out at some point.

I meant to write Rush and Mandy actually having sex after he sobs it all out on her shoulder, but found that it felt better that they shared comfort instead od jumping into bed. So that's what I ended up writing.

Still, it seems to me that it would be interesting to explore the likely possibility that Camile dreams of Mandy's experiences. We saw Scott dreaming of Telford's experiences and apparently they're going to use that again in the future. Be very intriguing to see how Camile would respond to getting flashes of what Mandy feels for Rush.
                              I keep my fingers corssed for you on this

Pain:
                              Spoiler:
                              Yeah, I really would like to see that, or to read , saying that, btw. there's the first story about it over on LJ from Cerebel! But, it wouldn't matter to read more!

I didn't thought about Wray getting possibly some interesting flashbacks from Mandy, nice idea, what would she think about them both? Espcecially after what Rush had done to her - of course he was out of his mind, but still it must have been shocking
                              sigpic

Comment

Pain:

Spoiler:
                                I did enjoy the episode, but there were a lot of short comings that could have been easily explored/played out, that would have made us a little happier with the episode.

I have no doubt in my mind, that Rush did want to talk to Camille regarding what happened between him and Mandy. Of course, Rush saw Mandy deep down, even though it was Camille's body. But I want to say he was going to come clean about kissing Mandy. Just so Camille would know, "Hey by the way, I sort of kissed you while you were away" Although, Rush hardly seems like the kiss and tell person. I think personally, that would have added much more shock factor, especially with Rush stabbing her towards the end (even though we know why he did it).

Also, I was kind of displeased with how they solved the removal of the ticks. I mean, really, just putting some antiseptic on them, and they're suddenly okay to remove? When TJ tried removing them prior, and I saw what it had done to Scott (and the tick burrowing itself further) I thought "Oh wow. They are going to have to like, freeze them off." You know, I honestly thought they'd come up with a more...scientific method of removing them. And Rush's whole freak out at the end, when he was getting held down. I mean come on, who WOULDN'T have wanted to see what happened next.

But I did enjoy the Rush scenes. Robert never ceases to amaze me with his incredible acting abilities. I'm so excited for this Friday's episode.

Now that I've given a few of my two cents about "Pain" I wanted to also share with you all that, I had a dream last night. Maybe I'm reading a little "too" much into it. But I dreamt I had won a trip to watch a special taping of "SGU" And I was able to meet a good number of the cast, especially RC. (Ohh it felt so real too lol). But I woke up right after I met him. Maybe it means I'll get lucky (lol!), but probably a pipe dream. Still, it's nice to be having them lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X