Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cute puppy, jeri.

And Duval, you seem to have too much time sometimes.

I've heard some Scottish music yesterday, yeah, Runrig, it was great and the weather was nice.
    Spoiler:

And now I'm in the mood for some Hamish.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Wee Jock! Ah, I miss my wee little man. I had a ringer for Jock named Avery that passed away at the beginning of August so seeing Jock makes me a bit sad. I finally got the third season of Hamish but haven't brought myself to watch it just yet because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                            Seems to be a "slow day" all around, but weekend is coming soon. Not so good for me because it means vacation is over.

I am curious girls, what actors do you love besides RC? What shows you find worthwhile?
                            Yeah, only 1 week and a half left then school starts again.

I really love watching movies with Gerry Butler! He's such a great actor and singer - I watch "Phantom of the Opera" almost every day and I love the songs - but from the movie
                            Every movie with this Scottish Guy is worth watching. I watched "Coriolanus" a few days ago, directed by Ralph Fiennes. The movie is great! Ralph plays Coriolanus and Gerry Butler plays Aufidius. It's really good IMO

And there's also Richard Roxburgh who did a great job as Dracula in Van Helsing - finally a real vampire not like Edward from Twilight

I have to admit the only show I watch besides OUAT is The Tudors because I'm really interested in this time - even if this show is not really close to the reality
                            sigpic

Comment

Need your help ladies. I actually have a potential opportunity to do my SGU book (yay). Trying to articulate the central thesis of the book (which must have a tight focus--shortish book). Obviously, the central theme of "the greater good" (and its ancillary "doing the right thing") will be a major focus in all the ways it plays out. How it (and how each perceives it fueled by their individual personalities and backgrounds) informs each character's humanity: Rush's extreme dedication to the pursuit of science, Young's unwavering (stubborn) commitment of "getting these people home" Eli and Chloe, Scott and TJ somewhere in between--all affected by circumstance and their experiences: how it changes them all, tests them all, etc. Any thoughts guys?

Comment

Originally posted by b_barnett View Post
                                Need your help ladies. I actually have a potential opportunity to do my SGU book (yay). Trying to articulate the central thesis of the book (which must have a tight focus--shortish book). Obviously, the central theme of "the greater good" (and its ancillary "doing the right thing") will be a major focus in all the ways it plays out. How it (and how each perceives it fueled by their individual personalities and backgrounds) informs each character's humanity: Rush's extreme dedication to the pursuit of science, Young's unwavering (stubborn) commitment of "getting these people home" Eli and Chloe, Scott and TJ somewhere in between--all affected by circumstance and their experiences: how it changes them all, tests them all, etc. Any thoughts guys?
                                One of the things I always liked about SGU is the interaction between the people. That tenseness between Rush and Young, the way people are both right and wrong at the same time. Rush's passion for the "mission" is what always attracted me the most. Of course he's partially running away from himself, too. But the strength that played out among this mismatched group was lovely.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X