Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeri View Post
    Hi gang! Hope everyone is well and I have missed you all. So let me tell you why I've been away. I am adopting a 13 year old girl named Hannah, and she has been living here just one week now. Things are going well and she's a great kid. Today she had her first hair cut in 2 years, and is elated to look her age instead of 10. Oh boy! am I in trouble! She is beautiful, and the boys are going to go nuts! She has started middle school this week, 7th grade, and so far, she's liking it.

There is such a lot of red tape and requirements for this, but it will all be so worth it. This is my one shot at having a family of my own, I can't believe things have worked out so well, and just when I was thinking of giving up on the idea. Cancer took away my chance of having a family in the usual way, but this may be what was meant to be. I'm going to do everything I can to make a good home for her and help her grow up strong and happy. Wish me luck! A teenager!
    I am impressed. That's awesome. Everything will work out Jeri. You'll be an excellent mom!! I'm sure she is a very lucky girl to have you
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Hi gang! Hope everyone is well and I have missed you all. So let me tell you why I've been away. I am adopting a 13 year old girl named Hannah, and she has been living here just one week now. Things are going well and she's a great kid. Today she had her first hair cut in 2 years, and is elated to look her age instead of 10. Oh boy! am I in trouble! She is beautiful, and the boys are going to go nuts! She has started middle school this week, 7th grade, and so far, she's liking it.

There is such a lot of red tape and requirements for this, but it will all be so worth it. This is my one shot at having a family of my own, I can't believe things have worked out so well, and just when I was thinking of giving up on the idea. Cancer took away my chance of having a family in the usual way, but this may be what was meant to be. I'm going to do everything I can to make a good home for her and help her grow up strong and happy. Wish me luck! A teenager!
      Aurora's 12, too. Perhaps they can become Internet penpals... Congratulations and I hope everything goes swimmingly!
      sigpic

Comment

Well, I spend here and I'm glad to see a bit of picspam ^^
        Everybody okay?

Jeri, I'm happy for you, this is great new, you'll be happy together, I'm sure you'll be a good mother and do not worry teenagers are not necessarily difficult
        Last edited by Duval; 17 August 2012, 12:01 PM.
        sigpic
        by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
          Why not?

Can anyone here recommend me "Torchwood - Mirical Day"? German free TV shows it this weekend and maybe I´ll program my DVD recorder?
          I liked it, but to me it did not have enough of Captain Jack and Gwen.

Comment

Wow, that's pretty amazing!!! I wish you and your family all the best I'm sure Hannah will love it Good luck, dearie *big hug*
            (be prepared, her puberty started and she's a girl )
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
              Wow, that's pretty amazing!!! I wish you and your family all the best I'm sure Hannah will love it Good luck, dearie *big hug*
              (be prepared, her puberty started and she's a girl )
              I still sort of remember those teen years, I hope. At least you and Duval are not too far away from those days, you can advise me if I get confused.
              sigpic

Comment

*wishes luck*

That's a great thing to do!

myhelix is here and we're having lots of fun so far. Today we visited a friend of mine who has a castle. And of course we've watched a RC movie yesterday.
                sigpic

Comment

I still sort of remember those teen years, I hope. At least you and Duval are not too far away from those days, you can advise me if I get confused.
                  I'd be happy to help you ^^
                  you give her your love for RC ?
                  Hannah could become a new member of the thread
                  Last edited by Duval; 18 August 2012, 01:04 PM.
                  sigpic
                  by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Sure, if you want
                    sigpic

Comment

I can still remember what I wanted as a teenager and I use this with my kids at school.

1. Treat them as an equal but maintain authority.
                      2. Don't punish unless you're prepared to answer why. Kids are always going to want to know why. Try to answer in a way they will understand.

(You'd be surprised how well this works with my students. We have this one little girl who is a rolling ball of attitude and doesn't really respect the other teachers but I get no attitude when I have to talk to her... none of the eye rolling, frustration noises, none of it.)

3. Always keep reminding her that you have her best interests in mind and you're not being mean, you're just looking out for her because you love her.

I hope this helps...

Comment

Emma has breakfast with Mary-Margret and Henry. The final piece of the spell is found. Emma walks Henry to the bus stop and walks back home.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8415894/5/

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                          *wishes luck*

That's a great thing to do!

myhelix is here and we're having lots of fun so far. Today we visited a friend of mine who has a castle. And of course we've watched a RC movie yesterday.
                          I want a friend with a castle!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bekkamouri View Post
                            I can still remember what I wanted as a teenager and I use this with my kids at school.

1. Treat them as an equal but maintain authority.
                            2. Don't punish unless you're prepared to answer why. Kids are always going to want to know why. Try to answer in a way they will understand.

(You'd be surprised how well this works with my students. We have this one little girl who is a rolling ball of attitude and doesn't really respect the other teachers but I get no attitude when I have to talk to her... none of the eye rolling, frustration noises, none of it.)

3. Always keep reminding her that you have her best interests in mind and you're not being mean, you're just looking out for her because you love her.

I hope this helps...
                            Yes, this is something I find is key. She has a tendency to try to control situations, but I find she is appeased if she is told the reasoning behind the "no".

Right now, I am struggling with finding the right mix of foods. She is so picky, but I'm learning not to give too many choices, or sometimes no choice and she will eat what we have. I think she is changing her tastes, but still has the little child attitude "not gonna like it". But it all could just be a test to see what I'll do.
                            sigpic

Comment

Great news, RC fans! I am going to see California Solo this afternoon in Sacramento. It's about 1 1/2 hour drive, but an easy drive. Can't wait!
                              sigpic

Comment

Yes, this is something I find is key. She has a tendency to try to control situations, but I find she is appeased if she is told the reasoning behind the "no".
                                I have a 1st grader who's already like that. She wants to be in control of everything and she drove me crazy all summer. It's kind of hard when they're eager to take initiative because that can be a good quality down the road but they need to learn the difference between taking initiative and being a control freak. I think kids that are like that have had to deal with a lot a chaos in their lives so they want to be in charge so they know what's going on.

Comment

Working...
                                X