Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
    Glad you like them, from time to time I enjoy making screen caps. I looking forward to OUAT on DVD, although the release in Germany will take forever.
    I'll buy the UK release if it's released earlier. I watch it in English anyway. And sometimes it even cheaper.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
      I'll buy the UK release if it's released earlier. I watch it in English anyway. And sometimes it even cheaper.
      I would, too, but I have always the "friend want to watch it with me and can´t understand English" problem. So, most of the time I buy the German releases. With fewer special features an awful dubbed version and a bad Cover picture. I get used to it!
      sigpic

Comment

sigpic
        by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

sigpic
          by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
            Thanks for this photo myhelix. It's such a nice shot, I had to clone out the light flare in the top left corner, don't want anything to distract from that wonderful face.
            [url]http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/Jeri33/RCbw2011.jpg
            Feel free to do whatever you like, it´s an imdb photo I discovered yesterday. I had a question for all RC thunkes, what are your favourite Robert Carlyle movies/TV shows/ Projects and what are the ones you don´t like?

In my opinion, every movie with RC in it is worth watching, but some are, at least for me, nothing I´ll watch again.

Today´s news:

Danny Boyle's Trainspotting named best British film, Harry Potter comes third and seventh

8 hours ago | The Geek Files | See recent The Geek Files news »

Trainspotting has been named the best British film of the past six decades.

The druggie drama - starring Ewan McGregor and Robert Carlyle - triumphed in a Diamond Jubilee poll staged by retail chain HMV to find the top screen hits of the Queen's reign.

Monty Python And The Holy Grail was runner-up in the poll, while another Python comedy Life Of Brian was ranked fourth.

A pair of Harry Potter films made the top 10, as did two movies by the late British-based Us director Stanley Kubrick, namely A Clockwork Orange and 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Trainspotting was based on the novel by Irvine Welsh about a group of heroin addicts in late 1980s Edinburgh.

The film - also famous for its soundtrack - was made by Oscar-winning director Danny Boyle, soon to take a major role at London 2012 as the artistic director of the opening ceremony.

Trainspotting took »
            It´s always interesting to hear fan opinions about that kind of things.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duval View Post
              http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r516/Duval87/gv31-2.png

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...IMG_6199-1.jpg
              Mind green, Duval! The same thin I was about to do, screencaps.

My top RC movies/TV shows are:

1) Stargate Universe (the thing I discovered him as an brilliant actor)
              2) To End All Wars (a deeply moving film I later noticed Carlyle has a role in it.)
              3) Summer (Oscar worthy, like many other things he played in)
              4) The Full Monty (you all know why)
              5) Once Upon A Time (just love how dual he is as Mr. Gold and Rumple)
              6) I know You Know ( again a great movie to show his ability´s)
              7) Face (just love it)
              8) 28 Weeks Later (with some drastic scenes, but very thrilling
              9) Carla's Song, Cracker, Go Now, Ravenous
              My flops are:

1) Eragon (begins as a good film and ends like a poor LOTR rip off)
              2) The Tournament (illogical, brutal and a bit like a cheap B-movie) IMO
              3) Class of '76 (RC was good in it but the overall movie was a bit boring)
              4) Plunkett & Macleane (don´t like that movie very much, maybe I´ll give it a second try,
              although the soundtrack was great)
              5) Dead Fish (crazy film)
              Last edited by myhelix; 28 May 2012, 10:12 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

I would, too, but I have always the "friend want to watch it with me and can´t understand English" problem. So, most of the time I buy the German releases. With fewer special features an awful dubbed version and a bad Cover picture. I get used to it!
                I'd like to watch more movies in cinema in English, but here it's only shown on Mondays when I have my Gaelic course. But nowadays German DVD releases have the English version.
                sigpic

Comment

Feel free to do whatever you like, it´s an imdb photo I discovered yesterday. I had a question for all RC thunkes, what are your favourite Robert Carlyle movies/TV shows/ Projects and what are the ones you don´t like?

In my opinion, every movie with RC in it is worth watching, but some are, at least for me, nothing I´ll watch again.
                  I haven't watched them all so far. I've never watched the Hitler movie, and I think I'll never watch it. There's nothing I won't watch again, I even watched 28 Weeks Later recently, although for another reason. Among my favourites are SGU, Hamish MacBeth, Face and The Full Monty.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd like to watch more movies in cinema in English, but here it's only shown on Mondays when I have my Gaelic course. But nowadays German DVD releases have the English version.
                    It´s a shame the original always is shown on Monday´s, who goes Monday´s to the cinema anyway! That´s the blessing of the DVD, I can watch it twice, with my friend German and with myself, original.

I haven't watched them all so far. I've never watched the Hitler movie, and I think I'll never watch it. There's nothing I won't watch again, I even watched 28 Weeks Later recently, although for another reason. Among my favourites are SGU, Hamish MacBeth, Face and The Full Monty.
                    I totally forget Hamish, I love that show, it has such a great feeling, warm humor and some great characters in it.
                    sigpic

Comment

It´s a shame the original always is shown on Monday´s, who goes Monday´s to the cinema anyway! That´s the blessing of the DVD, I can watch it twice, with my friend German and with myself, original.
                      Only twice?
                      And you can make screencaps and watch your favourite scenes over and over.
                      sigpic

Comment

I had to come back inside and relax after a scary trip being pulled up the steep hill in my broke down old truck. My mom thinks she is an expert at driving the tractor, which she used to pull the truck, but she didn't hear the horn when I wanted her to stop, and she almost pulled me into a ditch and then into a fence!

Time to look at pretty, and soothing photos of Bobby.
                        sigpic

Comment

I had to come back inside and relax after a scary trip being pulled up the steep hill in my broke down old truck. My mom thinks she is an expert at driving the tractor, which she used to pull the truck, but she didn't hear the horn when I wanted her to stop, and she almost pulled me into a ditch and then into a fence!

Who needs a rollercoaster when you've got a tractor

I'm sure Bobby will help
                          sigpic

Comment

Only twice?
                            And you can make screencaps and watch your favourite scenes over and over.
                            God bless the DVD!

Sounds scary, almost like the story´s my grandma always told me when they where having a little farm, back when I was I child. My grandpa used to drive like a madman and my grandma had to watch out that she don´t step into a ditch or the tractor don´t turns over. *not always funny*

We are glad you are still alive!
                            sigpic

Comment

Some medicine for Jeri!

sigpic

Comment

Who needs a rollercoaster when you've got a tractor

I'm sure Bobby will help
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X