No announcement yet.

Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you seen this nice interview with Lana Parilla? She says some nice things about RC. If you watched the other one with RC by the same reporter, you will enjoy the question RC had for Lana at the end of the interview, and her reply.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
      Have you seen this nice interview with Lana Parilla? She says some nice things about RC. If you watched the other one with RC by the same reporter, you will enjoy the question RC had for Lana at the end of the interview, and her reply.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn1I8b6wcL0
      Well, it is certainly very interesting, but I don't understand
      If somebody would indeed like to write, it would be kind, thanks

Sorry ><
      sigpic
      by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Duval View Post
        Well, it is certainly very interesting, but I don't understand
        If somebody would indeed like to write, it would be kind, thanks

Sorry ><
        Lana Parrilla on working with Robert Carlyle

"Working with Robert’s been a real treat on multiple levels. First and foremost, I’ve always been a fan of Trainspotting and The Full Monty. His instrument is so free and so grounded and honest. So I’ve always respected him as an actor. To have the opportunity to work with him’s been awesome. I’ve learnt a tremendous amount from him. And it happened mostly in the second episode when we did the jail scene together. It was our first scene as the rumpel and the queen. And I remember having a moment where I flugged a line. And I went, “Oh!” And he just looked at me and goes, “No, no, no. Stay here, stay here, stay here.” And I just looked at him, “Do it again.” And he just kept me so present. I felt like he was holding me. And I knew that in that moment that I was safe. And this actor had my back. That you know we can make anything work together. And we out of that became really good friends. And he’s become not only a mentor but like a big brother. And I just adore working with him. A week ago I see the performances over each episode. How we keep getting stronger. Our characters are much more complex. But when we were filming together, you know that’s a level of trust there. So we can really go anywhere. He’s one of the best actors I’ve ever worked with in my career."

I got this partial transcription from http://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert...07424135969821
        sigpic

Comment

I'm working on a transcription of the interview with RC, but it will take a few days. I need time without interruptions to complete it.
          sigpic

Comment

"Working with Robert’s been a real treat on multiple levels. First and foremost, I’ve always been a fan of Trainspotting and The Full Monty. His instrument is so free and so grounded and honest. So I’ve always respected him as an actor. To have the opportunity to work with him’s been awesome. I’ve learnt a tremendous amount from him. And it happened mostly in the second episode when we did the jail scene together. It was our first scene as the rumpel and the queen. And I remember having a moment where I flugged a line. And I went, “Oh!” And he just looked at me and goes, “No, no, no. Stay here, stay here, stay here.” And I just looked at him, “Do it again.” And he just kept me so present. I felt like he was holding me. And I knew that in that moment that I was safe. And this actor had my back. That you know we can make anything work together. And we out of that became really good friends. And he’s become not only a mentor but like a big brother. And I just adore working with him. A week ago I see the performances over each episode. How we keep getting stronger. Our characters are much more complex. But when we were filming together, you know that’s a level of trust there. So we can really go anywhere. He’s one of the best actors I’ve ever worked with in my career."

I got this partial transcription from http://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert...07424135969821
            Oh, thank you, it's great
            It's cute, that she considers him as a big brother ^^
            sigpic
            by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Well, I like my country, but I would like live in mountains ^^
              In the Alpes or Pyrenees
              I actually love where I live, but I would like to travel more. Someday when I have more money. I would love to go to France, Switzerland, Germany, etc., etc, etc. I have been to Italy, Austria, Sweden, England and Scotland. It was a long time ago.

I am going on a short trip later in the summer to Wyoming. It's not expensive to fly there and I have friends who live there. We will go to Yellowstone National Park and go fishing and maybe ride horses. I am afraid to ride a horse, since my cancer surgery, not sure I have the strength anymore and don't want to fall off! But my friend says she has the perfect horse for me. My friend is a nurse and can fix me if I fall, so I guess I will give it a try.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm working on a transcription of the interview with RC, but it will take a few days. I need time without interruptions to complete it.
                I have look at this whole interview, understood some words sometimes, well it's long interview, I understands that it takes you several days ^^
                sigpic
                by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

I actually love where I live, but I would like to travel more. Someday when I have more money. I would love to go to France, Switzerland, Germany, etc., etc, etc. I have been to Italy, Austria, Sweden, England and Scotland. It was a long time ago.

I am going on a short trip later in the summer to Wyoming. It's not expensive to fly there and I have friends who live there. We will go to Yellowstone National Park and go fishing and maybe ride horses. I am afraid to ride a horse, since my cancer surgery, not sure I have the strength anymore and don't want to fall off! But my friend says she has the perfect horse for me. My friend is a nurse and can fix me if I fall, so I guess I will give it a try.
                  Ah I would like to go to this park, one day when I would have money ^^
                  Huumm, well, you can ride on a horse peaceful , I hope for you that you will have fun, in any case, I envy you, you will see very beautiful landscapes
                  sigpic
                  by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

awwww, that's so nice of her Have Robert as a "big brother" would be so great He really is such a great actor
                    sigpic

Comment

Rush werewolf, I like very much the idea ^^
                      So do I And he makes a cute werewolf
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh, thank you, it's great
                        It's cute, that she considers him as a big brother ^^
                        You are most welcome, dearie. I think because he spent some much time in the theater and directing in theater, that he really knows how to help actors. He really understands people, that's what makes him such a great actor.

I thought that was interesting RC telling her not to stop when she made a mistake, because that is just what my piano teacher used to tell me when I was a kid trying to play. It's true, when you are trying to give a performance, if you allow yourself to get distracted by a mistake, it just makes it worse.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
                          So do I And he makes a cute werewolf
                          Oh yes, a soft werewolf
                          sigpic
                          by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Ah I would like to go to this park, one day when I would have money ^^
                            Huumm, well, you can ride on a horse peaceful , I hope for you that you will have fun, in any case, I envy you, you will see very beautiful landscapes
                            My friends live in Cody, Wyoming. I have been there a few times. Last time when we were in the Park, a Grizzly bear ran across the road in front of us! I tried to get a picture but I wasn't fast enough. It was really thrilling to see, they are so much larger than the California Black bears we have around here. And much more dangerous, I think they would love to eat us if they could!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post

He doesn't wear his vest in this pic....If he hadn't worn it the whole episode, I think Cairi would have freaked out
                              Hm, maybe. But I think the tight shirt is a different shirt, it's a bit tighter and has no pocket.

sigpic

Comment

You are most welcome, dearie. I think because he spent some much time in the theater and directing in theater, that he really knows how to help actors. He really understands people, that's what makes him such a great actor.

I thought that was interesting RC telling her not to stop when she made a mistake, because that is just what my piano teacher used to tell me when I was a kid trying to play. It's true, when you are trying to give a performance, if you allow yourself to get distracted by a mistake, it just makes it worse.
                                And often, when we make an error and when we let it distract by the error we lose trust and then it is always the worse > <

RC is a very good professor, he has to give trust, has to tempt to make always better
                                sigpic
                                by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X