Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
    Great news, really looking forward to see more Mr. Gold and Rush fanart from her!

My theory is that the OUAT success will make more people watching SGU to check out RC´s work, to bad SGU is no longer on the air. Now they would become support from non SciFi viewers.
    Yes, there are so many new RC fans on the forums now and only know Gold and Rumple so I'm making a point of talking about his other work and recommending his other films and TV shows. SG-U is at the top of the list because it's so recent in his career but I also recommend his films. They can't say they're his biggest fans if they don't know the scope of his work!!! ;-> (Smileys aren't working...)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
      Spoiler for FedCon OT

Spoiler:
      No, it's not far away from us, and we could go only Saturday anyway. When we arrived there we had to queue for the tickets, we were standing there for at least one hour. But it wasn't too bad, there were lots of people in costums from lots of different Sci-Fi movies and series, so we had much fun looking at them. When we finally had our tickets we wandered a bit around and enjoyed the atmosphere. We didn't go for autographs or pics, that would have meant more queueing. With our day tickets we could watch the Shatner panel on screen in the room next to the hall, but he came and said hello in our room, too. There were less people who wanted to see the RDA panel, so we could watch it live. After that we went to the panel of Teryl Rothery (Dr Janet Frasier from SG1), and that was really great. She's such a nice and funny woman, we and she of course laughed a lot.
      I really enjoyed it, with all these people in costums. One of my favourite moments were the 6 Klingons standing at the bus station....
      We are thinking about going there next year already, so if somebody wants to join
      That sounds great! I so wish I could have go, too. I don´t think I get another chance to get to see Kirk in person, would have been a childhood dream come true! Next time sounds good to me. I´ll mark the day in my calender.

Looking forward to your pics. Any news and story´s from the con about O´Neill and Kirk?

Must be fun to see so many people in costume, I saw Darth Vader in the RTL news.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NancyP View Post
        Yes, there are so many new RC fans on the forums now and only know Gold and Rumple so I'm making a point of talking about his other work and recommending his other films and TV shows. SG-U is at the top of the list because it's so recent in his career but I also recommend his films. They can't say they're his biggest fans if they don't know the scope of his work!!! ;-> (Smileys aren't working...)
        That´s true, his performance got a lot of praise, as always. But this time he had a bigger audience with a hit show on ABC. About time I think, hopefully he can earn some well deserved laurels. His range as an actor is amazing anyway´s, the man can play a two minute part and still be remembered in the role.

sigpic

Comment

That sounds great! I so wish I could have go, too. I don´t think I get another chance to get to see Kirk in person, would have been a childhood dream come true! Next time sounds good to me. I´ll mark the day in my calender.

Looking forward to your pics. Any news and story´s from the con about O´Neill and Kirk?

Must be fun to see so many people in costume, I saw Darth Vader in the RTL news.
          I wish you could had come, too. Yes, maybe next time.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by b_barnett View Post
            From what he has said in various places, he only goes to Comic-Con San Diego. Coincidentally, so am I (as press). Eight weeks until...

I've not commented, but those Fanart pictures are just gorgeous, especially the one where gold is asleep at his desk.
            So hoping RC will be at Comic Con, and the best is, we´ll have our exclusive thunk reporter!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
              I wish you could had come, too. Yes, maybe next time.
              Would have been fun, two fans with the same opinion about SciFi and Fantasy stuff, well next time! Without any catastrophes in the meantime, I hope.

Will you go to DragonCon, too?

sigpic

Comment

No, it is so nice outside I've been out in the garden. Nice new pics, well, I have not see these before.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                  No, it is so nice outside I've been out in the garden. Nice new pics, well, I have not see these before.
                  Here in Germany it´s almost time for bed, but California would be a nice place right now.

sigpic

Comment

Already on my way, I could use a bit distraction.
                    You're welcome anytime! Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope things improve soon.
                    sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                        You're welcome anytime! Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope things improve soon.
                        I hope that to, but I already visit him a few times and he seems to be very weak without getting better, and the man is already 88 years old.
                        sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
                            Jeri, do you really live in California?
                            Of course, why would I lie about something like that?
                            Spoiler:
                            I live in Napa California. Here is very poor photo I took, (and I have no idea what I was taking a picture of, maybe I was bored sitting in traffic) in February showing the road sign for Silverado Trail in Napa. I think there is only one road with that name in the world!
                            sigpic

Comment

Would have been fun, two fans with the same opinion about SciFi and Fantasy stuff, well next time! Without any catastrophes in the meantime, I hope.

Will you go to DragonCon, too?
                              No, we are planing to go here. And if I won the lottery I would go to Comic Con, and visit jeri of course.
                              sigpic

Comment

I hope that to, but I already visit him a few times and he seems to be very weak without getting better, and the man is already 88 years old.
                                Well, maybe he has come to the end of the road. Just try to be there for him, and it will help you later when he's gone to know you spent time with him. My grandparents are all gone and my father died, years before his parents. Having the memories is what we cherish after they are gone.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X