Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
    I don't know yet... I really don't know. I mean, there have just been the disaster with maths and now physics right after that? .....horrible >.<
    Yes but if you say everything, you will feel relieving, the wrong moment will pass and then together you could find solutions.
    Well, I always made that with my mother ^^ '
    Last edited by Duval; 02 May 2012, 11:08 AM.
    sigpic
    by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Duval View Post
      Yes but if you say everything, you will feel relieving, the wrong moment will pass and then together you could find solutions.
      Well, I always made that with my mother ^^ '
      I won't feel relief...my mother will be so disappointed again... I really don't want that - again!
      sigpic

Comment

I won't feel relief...my mother will be so disappointed again... I really don't want that - again!
        Huum, it is true that it's hard to see her mother disappointed ><
        sigpic
        by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Huum, it is true that it's hard to see her mother disappointed ><
          It really is
          sigpic

Comment

That's the problem. We cannot talk! If we try it ends in a heated discussion. Horrible, I tell you. And if it's a D again I maybe tell them - maybe, we'll see. It wouldn't matter if they didn't know about it.
            I'm sorry that it's hard to talk with your mom. My mom can be like that at times. And it is hard, I just tell her what's going on and brace myself for the ranting and raving. She usually gets it out of her system that way, then she is easier to have a discussion with. It may be that is just how your mom reacts, and it's not that she's so upset with you, but that she is not good with things going badly. I'm sure she wants to help you find solutions, she probably doesn't know how.

And by the way, I'm probably older than your mom, so it just keeps going this parent-child thing! Although, sometimes it seems our roles have reversed. It's a good thing my mom's house is 500' away, we would not get along in the same house, although I love her dearly.
            sigpic

Comment

It really is
              I understands very well, it was the similar when I missed 5 times my licence Oo

*hug*
              sigpic
              by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

I have a hard time understanding why parents so often react badly when their child has a failure or set back. My mom thinks I should be good at the things she is, but I usually am not. She prefers to think we are alike, but we aren't.
                sigpic

Comment

Because the parents, put some hope in their children? Of the hope that they are similar or better? And they don't accept that their children follow them own roads ....
                  sigpic
                  by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                    I'm sorry that it's hard to talk with your mom. My mom can be like that at times. And it is hard, I just tell her what's going on and brace myself for the ranting and raving. She usually gets it out of her system that way, then she is easier to have a discussion with. It may be that is just how your mom reacts, and it's not that she's so upset with you, but that she is not good with things going badly. I'm sure she wants to help you find solutions, she probably doesn't know how.

And by the way, I'm probably older than your mom, so it just keeps going this parent-child thing! Although, sometimes it seems our roles have reversed. It's a good thing my mom's house is 500' away, we would not get along in the same house, although I love her dearly.
                    I really love my mom and I really think she wants to help me...but there's the problem. I don't like talking about my problems. Even if I do a part here there are so many things I just cannot talk about. And I won't talk about it - to no one
                    sigpic

Comment

I have a hard time understanding why parents so often react badly when their child has a failure or set back. My mom thinks I should be good at the things she is, but I usually am not. She prefers to think we are alike, but we aren't.
                      I was so good last year in the "Realschule" but the "Gymnasium" now is a totally different league. It's much more difficult than it was last year and I'm not as good in every subject as I was last year. The only subjects I'm still good in are English, German, Religion, History and French. The others are okay but my grades in Maths and Physics became far worse -.-
                      sigpic

Comment

Because the parents, put some hope in their children? Of the hope that they are similar or better? And they don't accept that their children follow them own roads ....
                        Yes, so true. My mother has always thought she knows all there is to know about her children. So consequently, my brother and I have not bothered to tell her everything, not that we are hiding anything at all, it's just she will not listen about certain things. I think that may be true of many people's relationships.

For example, I've given up trying to discuss boyfriends with her years ago, all I get is an overly defensive protectiveness for me, rather than any kind of constructive help.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes, so true. My mother has always thought she knows all there is to know about her children. So consequently, my brother and I have not bothered to tell her everything, not that we are hiding anything at all, it's just she will not listen about certain things. I think that may be true of many people's relationships.

For example, I've given up trying to discuss boyfriends with her years ago, all I get is an overly defensive protectiveness for me, rather than any kind of constructive help.
                          That topic is something I will approach differently the next time. The discussion about the last one have been terribly annoying.
                          sigpic

Comment

Anyway, I'm going to bed now. Long day tomorrow. And thank you very much for your help *big hug* You really are great friends!
                            I hope I won't get the test back tomorrow...wouldn't be pretty unless it's a D...

So, good night girls *hug*
                            sigpic

Comment

Too much love for you and your brother or a bad way shown? The parents sometimes, I think, are awkward and they think that they are right because they are older and than for them we are always children who need to be to protect(even when we are adults).
                              Last edited by Duval; 02 May 2012, 12:23 PM.
                              sigpic
                              by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

I really love my mom and I really think she wants to help me...but there's the problem. I don't like talking about my problems. Even if I do a part here there are so many things I just cannot talk about. And I won't talk about it - to no one
                                I think that is actually very normal. Parents have control over their children, and give them many of their personality traits, but each child is a unique individual. And if we really love someone, we must let them be who they are.

I think everyone has things they will never tell. Even if you find your "soul mate", you don't have to tell all, we are all entitled to our little secrets.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X