Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeri View Post
    Haha! You should get the DVD and listen for yourself. I wouldn't say Bobby is excited about doing that commentary, but he is interesting, and enjoyable. He is very witty. I don't think he's done any others. There were times when I thought he should have not be doing it alone, he gets very quiet sometimes. But that's true to his nature, he doesn't like blowing his own horn.

There are two other commentaries as well. One with director Antonia Bird and composer Damon Albarn, and the other with screenwriter Ted Griffin and actor Jeffrey Jones. I liked Antonia's very much as well.
    He doesn't seem like a chatterbox. I remember the Paley Fest panel and he was pretty quiet except when spoken to.

Comment

Originally posted by bekkamouri View Post
      He doesn't seem like a chatterbox. I remember the Paley Fest panel and he was pretty quiet except when spoken to.
      I think he has said that he rather work then talk about it. Also I notice how careful he is about talking about others, he will give praise but never talks badly about others, unless they really go too far, like certain reporters. I think that he applies the "if you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all" rule. That's a kind person, and smart. If only I could remember that.
      sigpic

Comment

I was reading some of the comments on Tumblr about Bobby's last Twitter session. I struck me as strange, although I think Tumblr can be a strange place (sorry), there were some people saying they thought he was drunk because they didn't understand some of his remarks and thought also that he was being "snarky" in some of his replies. I didn't think that at all! I thought he was very much like himself. What do they expect in a limited reply on Twitter?

It's so odd what can happen on the net with interpretations of people's words.
        sigpic

Comment

I was reading some of the comments on Tumblr about Bobby's last Twitter session. I struck me as strange, although I think Tumblr can be a strange place (sorry), there were some people saying they thought he was drunk because they didn't understand some of his remarks and thought also that he was being "snarky" in some of his replies. I didn't think that at all! I thought he was very much like himself. What do they expect in a limited reply on Twitter?

It's so odd what can happen on the net with interpretations of people's words.
          People are never satisfied, they always want it more.
          Huumm, I read twitters, RC seemed normal, not aggressive or drunk
          sigpic
          by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Duval View Post
            People are never satisfied, they always want it more.
            Huumm, I read twitters, RC seemed normal, not aggressive or drunk
            Personally, I thought he was a little bit "off," - he swore more and seemed a little more abrupt. But I'm absolutely furious at those accusing him of drinking. First off: he's a grown man. He's on summer hiatus. If he wants a drink or two or more he's earned that right. He's always 100% when he's working. Secondly: *He's* doing *us* a favor by Tweeting with us. It's not the other way around. He appreciates his fans. No one has the right to judge or criticize him.

Also, he's almost up to 23,000 fans and it's going to be harder for him to talk to all of us all the time. I appreciate him and I know we all do, too. It just makes me angry. One woman was complaining that she Tweeted him 40 times and he didn't answer. When she asked why, I told her it was probably because she Tweeted him 40 times! She doesn't get it. Another woman told a friend of mine she was "furious" he didn't answer her. What a sense of entitlement!

Makes me angry. I'm just glad he came to visit with us. End of rant. Sorry. Had to get that out of my system where it's been festering from a couple of other forums.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NancyP View Post
              Personally, I thought he was a little bit "off," - he swore more and seemed a little more abrupt. But I'm absolutely furious at those accusing him of drinking. First off: he's a grown man. He's on summer hiatus. If he wants a drink or two or more he's earned that right. He's always 100% when he's working. Secondly: *He's* doing *us* a favor by Tweeting with us. It's not the other way around. He appreciates his fans. No one has the right to judge or criticize him.

Also, he's almost up to 23,000 fans and it's going to be harder for him to talk to all of us all the time. I appreciate him and I know we all do, too. It just makes me angry. One woman was complaining that she Tweeted him 40 times and he didn't answer. When she asked why, I told her it was probably because she Tweeted him 40 times! She doesn't get it. Another woman told a friend of mine she was "furious" he didn't answer her. What a sense of entitlement!

Makes me angry. I'm just glad he came to visit with us. End of rant. Sorry. Had to get that out of my system where it's been festering from a couple of other forums.
              I would think the number 1 rule when being in RC's position on Twitter, is to AVOID the people who are CRAZY and tweet 40 times! Nut cases.
              I didn't think he was "off" I thought he was maybe a little tired and wondering what he's got himself into. Some of the questions are the same, and after a few sessions, I would think it's not all that fun for him. As for the swearing, well, he does swear. Not maliciously, it's a guy thing from his world. Here in the states it's not as common for someone in his position to use swear words. He has been quite careful with his SGU and OUAT projects, but on some of his older interviews, he does swear. But also I would think he's more cautious now that he has little ears at home who will mimic dad!
              sigpic

Comment

I would think the number 1 rule when being in RC's position on Twitter, is to AVOID the people who are CRAZY and tweet 40 times! Nut cases.
                I didn't think he was "off" I thought he was maybe a little tired and wondering what he's got himself into. Some of the questions are the same, and after a few sessions, I would think it's not all that fun for him. As for the swearing, well, he does swear. Not maliciously, it's a guy thing from his world. Here in the states it's not as common for someone in his position to use swear words. He has been quite careful with his SGU and OUAT projects, but on some of his older interviews, he does swear. But also I would think he's more cautious now that he has little ears at home who will mimic dad!
                Very true. He's home now and can relax a bit. Oh I know about the swearing. Smoking, too. Over they they start swearing and smoking at about 10!!! Yikes. But I'm always glad when he visits.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NancyP View Post

I limit myself to 5 tweets. if he doesn't answer them then oh well...

Comment

Well, in any case, he is only a man not a machine and we cannot ask to somebody to be good all the time ^^'
                    sigpic
                    by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

I added about a page to the chapter I posted last night... it's after Emma tells Mary-Margret she's got to go.

http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/vie...170120/605619/

Comment

I limit myself to 5 tweets. if he doesn't answer them then oh well...
                        Me, too. Most are from my daughter, Aurora, who adores him, too. We've been very lucky. He's answered many of ours. We can't complain. We know he's not there exclusively for us although it's always wonderful when he does answer one of ours.
                        sigpic

Comment

I added about a page to the chapter I posted last night... it's after Emma tells Mary-Margret she's got to go.

http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/vie...170120/605619/
                          Really enjoying this a lot. So real...I'm a stickler for canon and I love the way you intertwine everything.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm still not on twitter, does that makes me weird?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                              I'm still not on twitter, does that makes me weird?
                              No, you are a person normal ^^

sigpic
                              by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

sigpic
                                by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X