Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
    If he can stand how I smell at the moment, we were mucking out the stables.
    I don't think it's that bad
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NancyP View Post
      Yeah, look at his face in that shot. What a smile! My husband has always looked at our daughter like that.
      I look at mine with a grimace on my face. And pain too.

Comment

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
        I look at mine with a grimace on my face. And pain too.
        Oh, dear. I'm sorry to hear that. But we love you!
        sigpic

Comment

Hey, mi! How's it going?
          confused?

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
          that's just mean you know I can't resist

Chanel No. 5?
          Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
            He has to be such a nice and lovely daddy <3 <3 <3

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/...e_Mina/002.jpg
            Oh yes, his childrens are lucky ^^
            that must be pleasant to have a father like that
            sigpic
            by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

It is good the smell of horses, it is the smell of the campaign
              sigpic
              by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

sigpic
                by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

sigpic
                  by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

OK--question for you all. Has it ever been actually established what Rush's academic background is on SGU? I know what I think is "fanon" but is there canon on his background? Mathemetician? Physicist? Astrophysicist? Linguist? All of the above? Needed for Gravity's End.

working on chapter two. it's a bit steamier than I'd intended, but ahhh well.

Comment

Originally posted by b_barnett View Post
                      OK--question for you all. Has it ever been actually established what Rush's academic background is on SGU? I know what I think is "fanon" but is there canon on his background? Mathemetician? Physicist? Astrophysicist? Linguist? All of the above? Needed for Gravity's End.

Wow! All I remember with certainty was that he won a scholarship to Oxford and worked two jobs while there to pay for it.

I'm really sorry Barbara... Grieg, Rorrie and I checked everywhere we knew of to check and it never really says what he got his Doctorate in, only that he's an expert at Ancient and is a "Civilian Doctor." I hope someone else can help.
                      sigpic

Comment

I put out an APB for you. If I hear anything, I'll definitely let you know. When's your deadline?
                        sigpic

Comment

I put out an APB for you. If I hear anything, I'll definitely let you know. When's your deadline?
                          Thanks guys. I can write around it, I suppose (others do), or make something up that makes sense. But if anyone does learn anything, I can put it into the story. Mandy is an expert in hyperdrive systems... so she's maybe a quantum physicist (applied)? I guess.

Comment

Wow, when I first discovered this lovely place a few days ago, I hoped it was active, but WOW! So many new pages of such wonderfulness. <3

I'll be here lurking.

Comment

Hi girls, just popping in to say HI from vacation. Hope everyone is well.

Read a so/so SG1 novel on the plane and decided I need to get the one SGU novel there is, is it any good? Or just a retelling of the episode?

Just saw the ouat promo for the 22nd, looks insane!!!
                              Last edited by Mrs. Rush; 11 April 2012, 10:03 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

It was never precise etablished in the show, but I guess you're on the safe side with Astrophysicist. It's possible that he was more generally a Mathematician (rivalry with Eli!) but that's not sure.
                                Surely not linguist, cos you know, liguists do all stuff about languages, but never anything about numbers, or theory of relativity, or theories about space travel
                                And doing more than one doctorate would be a bit pavonine, horribly expecive (Oxford!) - only something for rich people. And Rush was never any of those two.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X