Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing sig Luciana!

LadyP - Read some of your Rush/Chloe fic's the past few days and thought your writing was wonderful

Soledat - Absolutely.
    Spoiler:
    Its the emotional part of a relationship for Rush that is going to be the most intriguing to watch, whether it be a real friendship with someone or an intense desire. He has so many dark qualities that watching him struggle between the balance of what's good for him and what's good for someone else would just be awesome to watch.

I don't even want to see him in a working relationship. I'd just want to see him in the realization that those feelings are there and him trying to deal with it. But I think we will be watching his backstory with his late wife for a bit before anything like that ever happened, if ever.

Comment

Everyone on the RC thunk thread seems to like Alan Rickman too, well, may I join in, I adore Alan as Snape and some of his other work. He and Robert Carlyle in one movie would be

Clearly the Snape fans here are drawn to Dr. Rush (what a consistence!)
      Same character qualities?!
      I think Robert would be next in line to play Snape if Alan would have said no. ( I read it somewhere)

Great sig Luciana!
      sigpic

Comment

Congrats on 16000 post Luciana!!

Yes, us Rush fans are also Snape fans, how weird is that?
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I think Robert would be next in line to play Snape if Alan would have said no. ( I read it somewhere)
          Dunno if Carlyle was considered but what I read that next in line for Snape was Tim Roth. I don't like Rickman's Snape, he's too old and I definitely would prefer a thin Snape. I also adore Snape and Rush. I guess there's something about misanthropic characters that draws me in. Also love McKay for the snark and Dr House. It's fun to watch a character being a complete ******* to others just for the hell of it.

Regarding shipping and Rush, I think he's too damaged for this. I don't see the Rush/Chloe thing as a romantic relationship. I thought he had a sweet chemistry with TJ when she took care of him after his breakdown. When she mentioned that smokers had been climbing up the walls on the Destiny (paraphrasing) and he said that sheepish "You're looking at one" that was it. I fell in love with Rush right then. I'm just not sure that a Rush/TJ romance would be done well because of the whole Young thing. And I can't help thinking that TJ's devotion to Young taints her character. I hadn't seen too much evidence before Divided but her little fan speech to Chloe about the Colonel turned me off her character.

Comment

First Egle01 showed a picture of
            Spoiler:
            Rush kissing an unidentified woman that might be Wray under the influence of a stone.

Then I wrote
            Originally posted by Universalist View Post
            That's it.

Spoiler:
            Yeah, you're right. It might not be Chloe. But after reading some great fanfiction from EllieVee and LadyPredator, I guess I was getting my hopes up because I think they would make a good couple because:

-Chloe probably needs someone to lean on who knows, first hand, the terrors of being imprisoned on board the alien ship.

-And Rush needs the same thing. Plus, he seems like he's a pretty lonely guy. In one of the first episodes he was sobbing and holding onto a picture of a woman (a dead wife perhaps?) so it seems like he needs somebody to help him get over the loss.

-Also, Chloe recently lost her father and maybe subconsciously sees Rush (as one of the older men on the ship) as a father figure--some sort of Oedipus complex, maybe.

-And by showing Rush in a relationship, maybe the PTB could show a softer side to Rush and change the opinions of some Stargate fans who feel all the SGU characters are harsh and unlikeable.

IT ALL MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!!

Of course, some people that know me think I got dropped on the head one time too many as a child. So what do I know?

I wish it was friday!

*In my last post somehow I accidentally deleted Egle01' s name and didn't give credit for their quote. I'm new here and I'm still trying to figure out how to work everything. Sorry, Egle01! *

There was one point I forgot to add to my previous post:
            Spoiler:
            -From what I've seen, it seems like Chloe reacts to tragedy and stressful events by looking for comfort in the arms of whatever man she feels closest to. (Like Matt Scott after her father died.) But now, because she betrayed Scott by siding with the civilians instead of the military I'm pretty sure that will put some kind of wedge between them. So now, who's the man she feels closest to. Who's arms can she run to to deal with the trauma of being held prisoner and the pain of dealing with a troubled relationship? Might be Rush.
            Well, at least that what I hope.

Comment

I don't really see
              Spoiler:
              Chloe and Rush in a relationship or in a love affair in the future. Sure they share something, but I think, that he's not the man who want to have such a young woman as his girlfriend, but sho knows. It would surprise me, anyway

I must admid that I don't see T.J and him either, not bc I don't like them together (they look good together, and they're nice to each other), but I think the storyline will be more T.J and Young, just a feeling.

About the romance:
              Spoiler:
              I think it is quite clear in between, that it's meant to be the scientist in Wrays body, so nothing which will last longer

Oh, and I think it's - at least here in Europe - the 14. April, so

Happy birthday!
              sigpic

Comment

Finally seen Space and I can see that the growing feud between Rush and the Colonel will heat up over the rest of this season - can't see them ever getting along
                sigpic
                Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

How's everyone?? I've been away watching news all days long...but I'm back now.
                  sigpic

Comment

Happy Robert Carlyle's birthday to everyone! You realise I've been waiting all day for people to get here and for it to be the 14th somewhere other than Australia!

Some bitsy piccies I found:

There's also a whole pile of articles and reviews listed on Gillian Anderson's website about The Mighty Celt that I haven't seen before.

Didn't get time to do a sig.

Comment

Happy Robert Carlyle's birthday!!

I didn't even know
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                        Happy Robert Carlyle's birthday to everyone! You realise I've been waiting all day for people to get here and for it to be the 14th somewhere other than Australia!

Some bitsy piccies I found:

http://www.iofilm.co.uk/eiff/images/diary/bobby.jpg

http://www.iofilm.co.uk/eiff/images/diary/rcarlyle.JPG

http://www.iofilm.co.uk/eiff/images/diary/carlye_2.JPG

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cultureshow/vid...ages/thumb.jpg

http://bristle.files.wordpress.com/2.../titleface.jpg

There's also a whole pile of articles and reviews listed on Gillian Anderson's website about The Mighty Celt that I haven't seen before.

Didn't get time to do a sig.
                        And I thought everybody is still sleeping, with the exception of kusanagi of course!

Just saw The Mighty Celt, I say only Tiger-boots!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                          And I thought everybody is still sleeping, with the exception of kusanagi of course!
                          what's that suppose to mean??
                          sigpic

Comment

Thunk warning!! (is Egle around? )

sigpic

Comment

Well, ehm..., yes..., I suppose, you've been here!? Don't you?
                              sigpic

Comment

muahahahaha

Yes, of course I've been here. Just checking
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X