Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
    I've just driven home through lots of woods where you always have to be aware of animals crossing the road.
    Don't worry about people. If they're not smart enough to move out of the road, then they deserve it. However, it's a different rule with animals.

Comment

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
      Don't worry about people. If they're not smart enough to move out of the road, then they deserve it. However, it's a different rule with animals.
      Yeah. I hit a rabbit once that jumped out at me and I couldn't swerve to miss it and I cried about it for three days. I still feel badly about it and that was years ago.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NancyP View Post
        Hey congrats, sacredclay. We both got lucky today!
        Congrats to you, too, hun! Had a problem with the computer half way through and had to reboot everything just in time for me to tweet a few. I think he knows us. It's so great!!!!!

Comment

Congrats to you, too, hun! Had a problem with the computer half way through and had to reboot everything just in time for me to tweet a few. I think he knows us. It's so great!!!!!
          Hey! I saw you two there! Wow, I almost sort of know people who kinda sort of know a famous person, COOL!
          sigpic

Comment

You know, I really think he does. There are about a dozen of us he answers almost every time. My daughter adores him.
            sigpic

Comment

Happy first day of Spring! I almost forgot!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                Happy first day of Spring! I almost forgot!
                http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/...photoshoot.jpg
                It's funny you post that photo, I just got done watching the first EP of Hamish, it was adorable. RC has such fantastic eyes.
                sigpic

Comment

Hey! I saw you two there! Wow, I almost sort of know people who kinda sort of know a famous person, COOL!
                  That's funny!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Rush View Post
                    It's funny you post that photo, I just got done watching the first EP of Hamish, it was adorable. RC has such fantastic eyes.
                    Is this your first time watching Hamish? If so you are in for a treat!
                    sigpic

Comment

Argh. My back suddenly went out again and my husband took me to the ER so I missed almost all the tweets! ;_________;
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm so sorry, I hope you're better now.
                        sigpic

Comment

Is this your first time watching Hamish? If so you are in for a treat!
                          Yup! Got the first disk today. It was a little odd ( I tend to not be a fan of British tv) but RC was adorable and his accent is amazing!

Originally posted by RhineGold View Post
                          Argh. My back suddenly went out again and my husband took me to the ER so I missed almost all the tweets! ;_________;
                          Oh my, sorry dear. Feel better!!!! Is there anything they can do for you?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Rush View Post
                            Yup! Got the first disk today. It was a little odd ( I tend to not be a fan of British tv) but RC was adorable and his accent is amazing!

Oh my, sorry dear. Feel better!!!! Is there anything they can do for you?
                            I tend to put British comedy in 2 categories, the dumbed down stuff, just like American TV, and then there's the smart kind. Of course American TV has smart comedy too. But some of the Brit shows are real gems that can't be duplicated. I haven't watched much comedy in a while, but I used to have the opinion that British writers were often wittier and the actors so much better. I think Hollywood has a tendency to cast pretty faces over real talent.
                            sigpic

Comment

I tend to put British comedy in 2 categories, the dumbed down stuff, just like American TV, and then there's the smart kind. Of course American TV has smart comedy too. But some of the Brit shows are real gems that can't be duplicated. I haven't watched much comedy in a while, but I used to have the opinion that British writers were often wittier and the actors so much better. I think Hollywood has a tendency to cast pretty faces over real talent.
                              For me it can also be the way that it's shot. A lot of British tv tends to be "slower" if that makes sense? I also find it can focus on a lot of side stuff I do not care about. It depends tho and I am probably doing a poor job explaining right before bed more later on a proper keyboard, no more creeping on my iPod . Night!
                              sigpic

Comment

We had better both creep off to bed then!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X