Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
    oh, I love them, especially the EMOTION one!!!!
    Glad to hear it. If you'd like the avi without the text, I still have the PSD file.

Originally posted by Duval View Post
    I like, if I could, me to take one as avatar, but I cannot change yet '
    Remind me when you can and I'll repost. Without text if you prefer. Which one is your favorite?

Originally posted by jeri View Post
    Great icons, maneth. Very nice.
    Glad you like them.
    sigpic

Comment

Good morning!

I agree, your avatars are great, maneth!
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Cairi!
        sigpic

Comment

*sneaks in, looks around* Hi girls, great "Entertainment Weekly" interview, but some big spoilers for Bobby´s "California Solo" movie.

A new interview with Robert from Sundance:

Once Upon a Time star Robert Carlyle was too busy shooting the ABC fairy-tale series to make it to his own Sundance premiere, but he says making those kinds of commitments as an actor probably saved his life long ago.

California Solo, his new movie about the downfall of a rock’n’roller who already thought he was at bottom, is the character study of a man who never committed to anything, and finds himself reflecting on a life full of broken pieces.

“I was in a band when I was 16, and I’m so glad it didn’t actually follow through with that because I would have been f–ked,” Carlyle told EW.

The 50-year-old Scotsman swung into Park City, Utah, for only a few hours the day before California Solo‘s premiere, and sat down with Entertainment Weekly for a preview chat.

EW: How would you have been “f–ked” if you’d stayed on as a musician?

Robert Carlyle: With the acting world, I need to keep my discipline. I need to be ready to work in the morning, getting up at 6:30 for the next four or five months. So if I’m given it that [mimes drinking] and a little of that [mimes snorting] … that’s not going to happen.

In what state do we find your character at the beginning of California Solo?

There’s a line in the film I really like. He’s asked how he’s doing, and he says, ‘I’m comfortably numb.’ I think that’s perfect. It sums Lachlan up. When you join the story, that’s exactly where he is.

So what does that mean for him?

He can’t, at this point, confront his past, can’t face the past. All he has is his farm, and a podcast he does at night where he talks about the deaths of the great musicians of the world.

Was he once a big shot? On the level of a Pink Floyd?

He wasn’t that big. Imagine a band like Stone Roses, or something like The Charlatans. He was a guitarist in one of those types of bands. And he was ultimately responsible for the death of his brother, which kills the band – which kills everything.

The brother’s the talent?

Yeah, and it’s drugs that lead to his death. [Lachlan] then basically withdraws from the world. Not only can he not face going home, and facing his parents, but he can’t face the fans. The fans want to f–king kill him because of what he’s done. But he’s happy where he is. He can sit, drink, do his wee podcast, and everything’s fine.

Then he gets busted for drinking …

Then a DUI happens, and everything goes tits up. He’s forced to confront the past, confront his demons. He realizes what he’s done, what happened in his life. There’s a question: Is he going to be able to stay, is he going to have to leave? Is he going to get kicked out of the country now?

Do you see it as a redemption story or a story about descent?

[Long pause.] I think it’s more about descent than anything else, to be honest with you. It’s one of these kind of scripts I love. There are no happy endings. Those Hollywood endings don’t always happen in real life.

The title of the movie is about his solitude, right? But it’s also title of his solo album.

Yeah, after the band broke up, after his brother died, he had one solo album. I think it gets to No. 96 on the billboard charts, or something like that. [Laughs.] At least he was on there!

You mentioned playing music as a kid. Did you have to relearn that for this movie?

I play a guitar, just bits and bobs. Most of my friends back home can. The Gallagher brothers [formerly of Oasis], are friends of mine. [The movie] attracted me because of that. To understand these people, and understand that world, understand that life.

You said you would’ve lost control if you were a musician instead of an actor.

I wouldn’t want to be … I was having a conversation with Noel Gallagher, as an actual fact. I said, ‘You boys can [party hard] and get away with it. You can do a performance and throw it away. You can do a whole f–king tour and say, ‘Well, that was a s–t tour. But if I do that – I’m finished. In a sense, I’m so grateful for that. I wasn’t able to [lose control.]

How did you feel about performing in the movie?

I do play the guitar in the movie and I do sing as well. You see a little bit of that. I enjoyed opening my mouth and singing for the first time in years.

Sounds like you won’t be leaving Rumpelstilstkin to go on the road, though.

[Laughs.] No, for me it’s just Once Upon a Time. It’s going crazy. I’m very, very pleased, and I said to my fellow cast that way back in the past I had a lot of big successes, a lot of big films [such as Trainspotting, The World Is Not Enough, and The Full Monty.] But I didn’t even think about it at the time. You know, move on, move on, move on. Now — I’m enjoying this.
          And you all have posted great pics, art and fanfics! Love the CS Sundance pictures! Thanks Jeri! And the "little Rush" fanart is just to cute! Where did that come from?
          sigpic

Comment

Hiya!, *hug hug hug* miss you all
            RL is very busy this week, hope next week is better

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XGLwRn6jjw&feature=related

What do you guys think of that? Our lovely Bobby Carlyle is a huge fan of this band
            Never known this band before. Thanks, I like their songs

Last one: Number 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9wW5...eature=related

Spoiler:
            I'm starting to like that stranger
            Spoiler:
            ditto from ep10, when he talk to Emma about his mystery box. He's a badass

Anyone reads this ff http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7603956/1/Millers_Daughter
            Mr.Gold is so cute
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
              Remind me when you can and I'll repost. Without text if you prefer. Which one is your favorite?
              Oh, I like very much Emotion, Monochrome and Space ^^

Hello Bamboo, Happy to see you
              sigpic
              by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                *sneaks in, looks around* Hi girls, great "Entertainment Weekly" interview, but some big spoilers for Bobby´s "California Solo" movie.

And you all have posted great pics, art and fanfics! Love the CS Sundance pictures! Thanks Jeri! And the "little Rush" fanart is just to cute! Where did that come from?
                Ui ui ui ui ui ui ui ui ui ui
                I so wanna watch this movie!!! Robert singing? Robert playing the guitar???? That has to be pure awesome!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BamBoo View Post
                  Never known this band before. Thanks, I like their songs
                  So do I They're good

Spoiler:
                  ditto from ep10, when he talk to Emma about his mystery box. He's a badass
                  Oh yes, he is A very cool badass
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for pics

Originally posted by Czarina View Post
                    http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z412/tsarina3/tumblr_lyfcahFH7P1r739v7o1_500.png
                    "wee Bobby" tucked into my cleavage

yes he's working on a wee Bobby series

What ever you do just keep going

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                    Don't worry, I've done that. The horse belongs to a friend, I doubt that she would sell it. But mine wasn't better when she was younger. Must have been a rodeo horse in a former life

I'm watching 'Galaxy Quest' at the moment, I absolutely love this movie!
                    There is Alan Rickman? I like this film very funny.
                    eps, when you watched this film after you've known Snape.

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                    I love GQ too, it's so funny.

I made some icons for a challenge, you're welcome to use them if you like.
                    Very nice

I was looking for OUAT quiz and found this:

http://www.quizazz.com/quiz.php/1204...acter-are-you/

It's funny I'm Rumpel
                    Me too!! How they said like I love money, I didn't say that. And they said that I'm weird!!
                    but to be Rumpy is awesome anyway
                    sigpic

Comment

Me too!! How they said like I love money, I didn't say that. And they said that I'm weird!!
                      but to be Rumpy is awesome anyway
                      I'm weird, too Rumpy is soooo cool!!!!! Where is he? We have to celebrate that! *calling out for him*
                      sigpic

Comment

Good day everybody

btw 2164
                        Grimm returns October 24
                        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Good day everybody

btw 2164
                          Very good, dearie We are making progress
                          sigpic

Comment

Thank you
                            sigpic

Comment

I am on that he sings very well with his so beautiful voice and I am on that he is very bright to play the guitar and especially, so sexy!!!

*fainted*
                              sigpic
                              by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Good day everybody

btw 2164

Very good, dearie We are making progress

Yeah, cheers!

sigpic

Comment