Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeri View Post
    Thanks, I love all things Nature! Anyone one wanting to learn how to prune grapevines, just come on over!
    Too bad we're on opposite coasts. I would have dearly loved to join you and learn alot at your knees. Alas, all I can do is pottery, paint, crochet, be mean to people in walkers. Little things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
      Oh, come one! Where's your "can-do" spirit? Women are smarter anyway so we can do anything we put our minds to. You can do it, hun! Rumpy is betting alot of money on you!
      I have no "can-do" spirit in these two subjects. I'm a very big pessimist

Teyla, hun, how old are you? Just curious.
      17. I'll turn 18 on 14th March
      sigpic

Comment

So, I'm off now.

I wish you all a good night.
        See you tomorrow
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duval View Post
          So much the better for you then, that you can again make something who pleases you, in spite of the handicap, a good way of saying in the cancer " Ha you did not overcome me!! "

I indeed want to join you lol but I do not know if I would adapt myself to the climate of California, this state always gives the impression that there is of the sun all year long > < warm and beautiful all the time, but well I make surement of the ideas, stupid.

In any case when I would have enough money, I shod studies to be a landscape painter, work in parks or garden being a dream.
          Yes, that's the spirit one must have with illness. I always thought to myself, "I must keep moving!" Still do! Ha!
          You must be thinking of southern California, here in the north we have full seasons, but now we are having a drought, hope it will rain soon. Last year at New Year's we had snow. The average rain total for my ranch here is 48" of rain, but we have had as much as 90" one year.
          If you look at a map of California and compare to Europe, you will see how very large California is. I have only been to southern Ca. once, and don't care to go back!
          sigpic

Comment

Too bad we're on opposite coasts. I would have dearly loved to join you and learn alot at your knees. Alas, all I can do is pottery, paint, crochet, be mean to people in walkers. Little things like that.
            Anyone who is good with arts/crafts would make an excellent pruner of vines! I do the old style of "head training with cane pruning" I would have to say it's my favorite thing to do, pruning. I can use all the help I can get in the vineyard!
            sigpic

Comment

Yes, that's the spirit one must have with illness. I always thought to myself, "I must keep moving!" Still do! Ha!
              You must be thinking of southern California, here in the north we have full seasons, but now we are having a drought, hope it will rain soon. Last year at New Year's we had snow. The average rain total for my ranch here is 48" of rain, but we have had as much as 90" one year.
              If you look at a map of California and compare to Europe, you will see how very large California is. I have only been to southern Ca. once, and don't care to go back!
              Good night Teyla ^^
              beautiful dream =)

Oh well, I would come can be a day then, some snow, the luck I like the snow!!! I can come to harvest your vine lol, I like that, I have already made in the South of France ^^
              You make some wine then? (Stupid question can be Oo)
              Last edited by Duval; 08 January 2012, 11:24 AM.
              sigpic
              by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Almost done. I hope this will solve the problem.
                sigpic

Comment

Good night Teyla ^^
                  beautiful dream =)

Oh well, I would come can be a day then, some snow, the luck I like the snow!!! I can come to harvest your vine lol, I like that, the aillant already made in the South of France ^^
                  You make some wine then? (Stupid question can be Oo)
                  I have made some wine just for ourselves, but we sell all our grapes to wineries. Learning to make good wine is a whole other thing, and I found I did not like the business end of selling wine, etc. So I will stay with what I know and love, the vines. For a long time we sold all our grapes to Stags' Leap Winery, but now we sell to some others also, like this little winery:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4C7F1hVNPs
                  They made this video in our vineyard, but no, I am not in the video, but you will see why I love my vineyard.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have made some wine just for ourselves, but we sell all our grapes to wineries. Learning to make good wine is a whole other thing, and I found I did not like the business end of selling wine, etc. So I will stay with what I know and love, the vines. For a long time we sold all our grapes to Stags' Leap Winery, but now we sell to some others also, like this little winery:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4C7F1hVNPs
                    They made this video in our vineyard, but no, I am not in the video, but you will see why I love my vineyard.
                    OOh it is beautiful at home!!
                    Your vineyard(vine) seems very well, maintained well, attractive, it has to ask for a lot of work (on more the ground seem big)
                    sigpic
                    by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

OOh it is beautiful at home!!
                      Your vineyard(vine) seems very well, maintained well, attractive, it has to ask for a lot of work (on more the ground seem big)
                      LOL! I see in the video that it needed very much to be mowed! I remember my mother drove the tractor and mowed a little bit when they called and said they were coming! It is 20 acres, so we hire a farming company to help with the big jobs. But my mother and I do all the mowing, all the irrigation, and we prune a 6 acre part, and many other small jobs that always need to be done.
                      sigpic

Comment

I can't wait to see what kind of farmer RC will make in California Solo!
                        sigpic

Comment

I have two grapevines beneath our patio, but they are more for nice-looking and shadow than for vine. But I made some jelly out of the gapes

Finished my PC update, but the problem is still here. I have to try again
                          sigpic

Comment

Aah lol I like your vine like that (after, I like when there is many greenery ^^).

Aah Solo in California, I hope that I could find this movie in version under titled!

Courage Cairistionia for your computer, it is well to finish by repaired
                            Last edited by Duval; 08 January 2012, 01:00 PM.
                            sigpic
                            by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
                              I have no "can-do" spirit in these two subjects. I'm a very big pessimist

17. I'll turn 18 on 14th March
                              March 14?! OMG!! You are one of Mindy's alters! (will explain in detail)
                              You must be advanced for your age, I couldn't tell right away that you were younger at all...little hints, but not big ones...nicely done!
                              You can refuse to know something, but you cannot escape the consequences of that refusal.~~ me

Comment

DID: Dissociative Identity Disorder, used to be known as Multiple Personality Disorder. Renamed to cease the confusion as this is not grouped with the personality disorders, such as anti-social or narcissistic, or paranoid, or histrionic. DID is a delusional disorder, a fragmented memory pattern. I have been told by an expert in the area that I know more, I have a more well rounded understanding of how it works, than most of her colleagues; there is still a great deal of debate as to its validity as a diagnosis. (see iatrogenesis)
                                "Iatrogenesis is any adverse or physical condition induced in a patient through the effects of treatment by a physician or surgeon."
                                The shrink looked at me, said "Oh, hi Wendy.." and then did a sharp intake of air and gasped and looked at me again, with astounded disbelief..."Wendy?!" She later told me she hadn't been aware that I actually existed.
                                Mindy is a lifelong 'friend' suffering from DID. Well, the people around her suffer from it.
                                Her birthday is March 14.
                                If y'all want me to talk more about this, ask...
                                You can refuse to know something, but you cannot escape the consequences of that refusal.~~ me

Comment

Working...
                                X