No announcement yet.

Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... any love for Rush from those who have seen the premiere?
    sigpic

Comment

So what does everyone think of Rush now that the pilot's sort of aired? He's the only character I like so far. He's cooler than I ever imagined him to be. I think he has potential to beat Daniel or even Rodney. We'll see though. I don't understand why everyone hates him.
      TwiceBorn

Comment

Originally posted by TwiceBorn View Post
        So what does everyone think of Rush now that the pilot's sort of aired? He's the only character I like so far. He's cooler than I ever imagined him to be. I think he has potential to beat Daniel or even Rodney. We'll see though. I don't understand why everyone hates him.
        I think he's just brilliant! I love the character, and RC plays him so well - he really blew me away.
        sigpic

Comment

great to see this thread making an appearance I love a lot of Robert's films (not seen them all yet) one of the reasons I'm giving SGU a go is due to his casting
          sigpic
          Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

I just don't understand why this thread isn't exploding. Is there somewhere else on this forum where people are talking about Rush or something? It doesn't make sense. I thought he was hands down, without a doubt the best character on the SGU premier. I guess we're in the minority though.
            TwiceBorn

Comment

I think people are only really talking about him in the episode sections. I completely agree that's he's the best character so far! I love that we are left mystified by him, not sure of his motives are sincerity, what he wants or plans to do.
              sigpic

Comment

I really liked Carlyle's performance as Rush - and he's after the pilot one of my favourite characters so far.
                This heart was like a tardis
                I went and lost the key in a fight

Facebook | Twitter | Livejournal | Last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by TwiceBorn View Post
                  I just don't understand why this thread isn't exploding. Is there somewhere else on this forum where people are talking about Rush or something? It doesn't make sense. I thought he was hands down, without a doubt the best character on the SGU premier. I guess we're in the minority though.
                  Hi,
                  Sorry to intrude, but this is just an observation. Robert Carlyle is absolutely brilliant at playing an ambiguous, shady character that many viewers are going to follow avidly, but perhaps not "like" or "thunk."
                  I think they would feel quite rude if they were to come into a Thunk thread and say how dastardly he was, even if they do appreciate the actor behind the character. It would most likely be considered trolling.
                  I wonder if a pure out "discussion" thread would garner some talk back and forth?
                  Because from what I read from reviewers, he (RC) is the best of the bunch!

Comment

*sighs pathetically* I'm still waiting to see the first episode but already Rush is my favourite (purely because it's Robert Carlyle)

Hell, if I can still love the man after 28 Weeks Later, there's not much after that that can put me off him *LOL*

Comment

Interesting character I liked him and he is flawed love flawed characters. I had never really seen this actor like what I have seen very interesting great actor
                      sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                        I think he's just brilliant! I love the character, and RC plays him so well - he really blew me away.
                        tada! hello Lahela how you been? Uni & rl has been keeping me away more than it should. I fiiinally got to see Air part 1 and 2 last night...totally no surprise who was my favourite from the start totally awesome!
                        "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                        "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                        Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

*yay* I finally got my disk with Air 1 & 2
                          Tonight will be a good night

Comment

Originally posted by telpethoniel View Post
                            tada! hello Lahela how you been? Uni & rl has been keeping me away more than it should. I fiiinally got to see Air part 1 and 2 last night...totally no surprise who was my favourite from the start totally awesome!
                            Hi tel! I've rewatched Air I & II a couple of times and he continues to blow my mind - the little facial expressions, the gestures, the tone, the small touches that he brings to the character. He is such an outstanding actor!

Originally posted by River Song View Post
                            *yay* I finally got my disk with Air 1 & 2
                            Tonight will be a good night
                            Yay for you! I hope you love it as much as I do - and that RC is everything you hope.

I've seen a few clips from Air III and am anxiously waiting to watch it.
                            sigpic

Comment

OMG RC was amazing in Air I&II! Rush is by far my favourite character in the show, he seems to have a bit of a dark side but you can tell there is a story to be told there :O

You are so right about the little expressions and touches he brings to the character, he can show us so much but still leave us guessing

I love this show, it's amazing

Thank goodness for my friend in Michigan who records it for me every week *yay*

Comment

Hey has anyone seen Marilyn Hotchkiss' ballroom dancing & charm school? it's one of my favourite of RC's movies...he gives suuch a brilliant performance...oh and you wanna know if he can dance?...watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk0uVHOcvTw oh and you may need a cold shower after his um...interlude with Marissa Tomei's character they look so good together bring a box of tissues to this one
                                Last edited by telpethoniel; 11 October 2009, 03:30 AM.
                                "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                                "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                                Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Working...
                                X