Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeri View Post
    Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, maybe this weekend. I've got this exam on Thursday, so what am I doing here? Procrastinating about studying!
    Are the flood waters gone? Hope things are better there.
    Flood already come into my house so, we move to my aunt's house which is still dry.
    My school won't open until Jan 2012! I think I might lost every knowledge in next 2 weeks

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
    How are you reading them in class????????
    In my phone My teachers won't care as long as it won't interrupt their teaching.

Originally posted by yessika View Post
    I also read ffs, hang out here, check my LJ and my YT during classes
    see I just read ff in my phone well, YT sometimes and maybe Twitter a wee bit

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
    Someone said if we might get a Rumpy/Mr Gold shower scene?

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/a.../shower2-1.jpg
    Wonderful!

?Hi,Outlast thanks for the link

Originally posted by Czarina View Post
    I took it as, once alone, no one for him to 'perform' for, or show off or clown in front of, he was actually quite sad.
    Yeah, but I think it goes deeper with Nosty, well anyone in that situation. Earlier you see that
    Spoiler:
    his pisses on the boy's shoes and then plants an aggressive kiss on him, this is a classic dominance maneuver. I think in a situation like what these people are experiencing, reverting back to primal behavior is not uncommon. His strategy for survival is to stay on top, keep people scared of him and to make them think he's a little bit crazy. But you notice that he's constantly hurting himself to get put in hospital and get in section2 (not sure if that's assistance or crazy hosp.) so he is desperate for some way out of the life he's stuck in. The biggest problem for these type of people is that they are so damaged emotionally, they can't really help themselves. We are shown the few who are there to try to help, and they are a well meaning, yet whoafully under equipped and overworked lot. These days we're seeing so many more people homeless and displaced by economic reasons which is an entirely different scenario than what this film was about.
    That's my understanding of it anyway. It's a heart breaking film about those who fall through the cracks in society.
    Ah I see. Poor Nosty It's a heart breaking film

Spoiler:
    I felt that Nosty felt lonely. It seems he never live alone cos he got his own gang. Why they don't keep Nosty (and also Gypo) in section 2? I think they really need it. Gypo had a big problem with controling his own temper and Nosty's crazy! lol he hurt himself. If they got a proper treatment it must be better.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Katherine Arandez View Post
      Yes he does, and a hair-brushing.
      Spoiler:
      I volunteer
      I agree
      Spoiler:
      wait foe me! I'll help you!

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
      what a creepy voice!
      It's kinda wonderful and lovely

The pure power of Mr Gold!!!!!!!! *faints faints* I love his walking stick! And him wearing this black suit *falling backwards*
      *join faint club* *faint*

Who wants Rumpy power???
      ME!

Maybe he inhaleted some helium??? But I do think it's his voice
      I like this Rumpy is cute But Rush, too - of course. And Mr Gold...damn! This man is sooo awesome!!!!

It's long time ago since I watched this.
      I quite miss it actually all of disney prince and princess and

Spoiler:
      Not for myself, but I sing in a gospel choir, and today we sung in a funeral sevice for a 16 year old boy who died in an accident.
      that sounds sad *hug*
      Last edited by BamBoo; 11 November 2011, 09:39 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BamBoo View Post
          Flood already come into my house so, we move to my aunt's house which is still dry.
          My school won't open until Jan 2012! I think I might lost every knowledge in next 2 weeks
          This week I talked to a friend's friend who visits your country regularly and will go there next week, and he told me they can't even say when the water will be gone. I thinks that's a really bad situation if you don't know when you can go back to your house and even don't know if the house is still inhabitable
          Wish you and your family all the best!

*hugs*
          sigpic

Comment

Hi gang! Here is a link to my review of Jamil Walker Smith's movie "Make A Movie Like Spike" which I saw today.
            http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...%29?p=13029106
            Post #129

Thanks, sounds very interesting, I wish I could have been there.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Czarina View Post
              SAFE
              You're my hero!!!

Comment

GAHHH.

(Where's that defibrillator?)

He is having WAY too much fun with that part. ::wheeze::

Comment

Imagining Helium! LOL! He is very good at voices, he had done quite a few different ones in that audio book he did.
                  Cutting Room, yes?

I've heard him mention that he's working on a spoken-word memoir.

WANT.

"Preciousssss..." 8-)

Comment

On Mondays I'm not home before 10:30 pm, so it's always a long wait
                    Then there are those of us who have to wait until TUESDAY.

Comment

Yikes! Flooding! Best wishes.

You won't lose knowledge, though. You're too smart!

Ah I see. Poor Nosty It's a heart breaking film

Spoiler:
                      I felt that Nosty felt lonely. It seems he never live alone cos he got his own gang. Why they don't keep Nosty (and also Gypo) in section 2? I think they really need it. Gypo had a big problem with controling his own temper and Nosty's crazy! lol he hurt himself. If they got a proper treatment it must be better.
                      Spoiler:
                      Yeah, Nosty is lonely, scared, hurt. Locked away from his gang, he doesn't have the distraction to hold all that stuff at bay. I think the bottle thing is, in addition to trying to get a warm night in the hospital, maybe also "cutting," which some people do when the stress gets to be too much.

It would be good for them to get proper treatment, but in this day and age, no government is going to put out anything like the needed money to make that happen. Like here in the US, when they decided they didn't want to maintain the state mental hospitals anymore, so they "mainstreamed" the residents: just dumped all of them out on the street. So they wind up either homeless, in jail, or dead.

I admire Carlyle for being willing to do this part; by all accounts, it cut rather close to home for him.

Comment

This week I talked to a friend's friend who visits your country regularly and will go there next week, and he told me they can't even say when the water will be gone. I thinks that's a really bad situation if you don't know when you can go back to your house and even don't know if the house is still inhabitable
                        Wish you and your family all the best!

*hugs*
                        Thanks *hug back*

My dad came to see our house once it's quite... ok but there must be a big cleaning day
                        sigpic

Comment

BTW, I'm having a go at doing a graphic novel based on Laurence Maroney's Season 3 scripts. Only a coupla pages in, and their just quick sketches so far, but if you're curious, go see: http://jacquemarshall.net/words/sguS3.html

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Oh man, that doesn't sound good. I really hope it'll get better soon. *big hug for you*

In my phone My teachers won't care as long as it won't interrupt their teaching.
                              That sounds cool. In my school phones are not allowed.

*join faint club* *faint*

ME!
                              Yeah, welcome in the club
                              sigpic

Comment

Good morning everyone

Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!! Soo happy now

At the moment my room is looking like Rushs office at home

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/...u_114_0064.jpg

I have to sort out all my sheets from school. I haven't done this since school started but put all of them in my book xp

Who wants Rumpy power???

youtube;hTzNFFGQKtc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTzNFFGQKtc
                                And there's more

youtube;s2Big0ZlPEc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Big0ZlPEc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
                                Still more

youtube;jFvVddAJ8lE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFvVddAJ8lE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
                                Aww, poor girl

youtube;dyf05wyunCE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyf05wyunCE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
                                The pure power of Mr Gold!!!!!!!! *faints faints* I love his walking stick! And him wearing this black suit *falling backwards*

youtube;AKF_ZDV8s5A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKF_ZDV8s5A&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
                                I watched all of them.
                                Spoiler:
                                I CAN'T WAIT FOR MONDAY!!!
                                Ecommerce Templates and Design

Comment

Working...
                                X