• Show
Clear All

Time for me to go! Good night to you all and especially to mi

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
      Time for me to go! Good night to you all and especially to mi

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/a...47m42s40-1.jpg
      thank you Cairi - but I will leave soon, I am still tried from yesterday's journey back
      Grimm returns October 24
      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
        hi folks! did you have fun without me?
        It will be more fun, now that you're back!

Comment

Originally posted by elaiel View Post
          It's all practice and listening to concrit. No-one starts out a good writer. I can see the improvement in my style and the better grasp of the characters chapter by chapter through Changing. Luckily I was getting feedback from Ladypredator and Artemis-Neith all the way through as well as intermittently from other people.

Please don't make this "cater to my kinks week" *waggles eyebrows suggestively*

Nah, I'm a sucker for hurt/comfort fic, like dark!fic and whump, but am a (not so) closet romantic. I'm also reasonably obsessed with Rush (Would you have guessed?!). I usually like stuff where not everything is great but it leaves me feeling positive in the end. I can think up something more specific if you want, if so, I'll dump conversation on LJ for details rather than spam this comm.
          Who do you like him paired with? Maybe I'll answer one of my own prompts then.

Comment

I just thought of something and realized I don't know the answer. When Destiny dropped out of FTL at a planet and a party gated to it, are they still able to communicate by radio if the event horizon is closed?

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
              Oh good, another story I hope we get to read someday. Glad to hear the siblings gave in, how do they like/dislike SGU? Nighty, night!
              They mostly ignored it.
              Ecommerce Templates and Design

Comment

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
                I just thought of something and realized I don't know the answer. When Destiny dropped out of FTL at a planet and a party gated to it, are they still able to communicate by radio if the event horizon is closed?
                No. (and please someone else correct me if I have any of this wrong)

A) You can't gate from Destiny to a planet you are too close to as the gate address is the same (location is the same) therefore when they gate to a planet they are actually some considerable distance away. (i.e. the sort of distance you get between star systems - that's what stargates are for).

B) The radios they have don't have the range anyway, hand held local radio so the range is limited. Even if they were in orbit they wouldn't be able to use the hand held radios to contact the planet.

However the the ship to shuttle communications has a much bigger range, i.e. from orbit to planet.

Comment

Randomly discovered earlier that "The World Is Not Enough" is on, only missed first five minutes, so have been watching RC be a bit psycho and Pierce Brosnan be exceedingly smarmy.

Though he's nicer with more hair.

Comment

Welcome to anyone who's joined the thread recently!

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                    Hey Erin we know you're just hopelessly lost in your love for Bobby! Like everyone else around here!
                    Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                    Yes, hopeless. And since I came here it's getting worse

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/a...h39m20s223.jpg
                    Yep, much more obsessed than when I started

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqNDsS-KgD8

Watch this Girls!! He's soooo cute!!!!!! *melting, fainting, lying on the floor*
                    Thanks for the link *clicks*

Hey! Glad to have you back

Randomly discovered earlier that "The World Is Not Enough" is on, only missed first five minutes, so have been watching RC be a bit psycho and Pierce Brosnan be exceedingly smarmy.

Though he's nicer with more hair.
                    Gotta love RC in that movie and Pierce Brosnan he is my second favorite bond (Sean Connery is first of course)
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Thank you.

If you like AU SGU my current favourite is mercscilla's "Two Sides of A Coin"

http://divine-realms.livejournal.com/12806.html

Steampunk AU SGU.

mercscilla writes good Rush/Chloe too.
                      I just read it, and I liked it. I can't say why, exactly, but I'm kind of an easy person when it comes to rating written works
                      Last edited by Katherine Arandez; 04 October 2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                        Yep, much more obsessed than when I started
                        Doncha mean dedicated?

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
                          Who do you like him paired with? Maybe I'll answer one of my own prompts then.
                          I kind of like him paired with TJ. I don't know why really, I guess it's just something I could see happening (BIG maybe).

Comment

CWR posted another stand alone story and it's classic Rush before Destiny really started messing with him. It's great!!!!!!! Link is here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7435232/1/Raptor#

Comment

Yay! miis back! Yes, we had fun, but sometimes we were way too serious. I was thinking this am it was about time for you to come home. Hope you had a great trip and are all refreshed. And I missed you!
                              sigpic

Comment

No. (and please someone else correct me if I have any of this wrong)

A) You can't gate from Destiny to a planet you are too close to as the gate address is the same (location is the same) therefore when they gate to a planet they are actually some considerable distance away. (i.e. the sort of distance you get between star systems - that's what stargates are for).

B) The radios they have don't have the range anyway, hand held local radio so the range is limited. Even if they were in orbit they wouldn't be able to use the hand held radios to contact the planet.

However the the ship to shuttle communications has a much bigger range, i.e. from orbit to planet.
                                As far as I recall, they were only able to use the radios when the wormhole was activated.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X