Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                I am obsessed with "Force Over Distance" so here I go some more:
                Spoiler:
                Extra thoughts...What a teaser CWR has pulled out of the hat, here in the middle of what could have become a violent struggle comes a dropping of defenses and tenderness of feeling. Is this a spark of sexual desire or a natural sensual moment. The sense of touch can bring our most intense feelings, so what this means and where it will go, only CWR can say. I'm sure CWR will stay true to form and explore this turn of events thoroughly and not fall into a sexual tryst easily. With these two, it's gonna be a lot of work.
                That's what I'm worried about.

Spoiler:
                A lot of times when the characters, straight, gay or what have you, finally kiss, I'd see the writers either making it a violent sexual tryst, or they just descend into a he/she roles that I hate so much. I wasn't so crazy about the very end, when Rush sauntered away. They just had a major milestone and I thought that maybe they may just hold each other quietly a little bit more, maybe Rush even going so far as to promise Young that he will fight Telford more. But he already stated that by giving him the pack of cigs. But then to sauntered away like a sassy lad, well, sorry, nope. Doesn't work. Why would Young even apologize for kissing him like that? Rush kissed him back, for frak's sake! I'm really curious to know if Rush was aware of Young's healing him. Will Rush now try to hold onto his humanity more for Young's sake? This is a tough one. I keep thinking about how "Moonlighting Strangers" that had starred Cybil Sheppard and Bruce Willis in the 80's and when their character finally admitted to loving each other, it was preluded with them slapping each other first. Same thing with "Northern Exposure". You're right. It's gonna be a lot of work and I can't wait to see it!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsTigercat View Post
                  One thing that I've noticed from watching him at premiers and comic cons is that he really doesn't like these event......90 interviews in a row.........5000 photos........people pushing and shoving to get at him.....long hours. He mostly just grits his teeth and endures them as best he can. He said at the 2009 Comic Con that he was there only because he was contractually obligated to do so.
                  I remember reading the links you posted about that in your I_LOVE_SGU group. I've always admired RC's honesty. And you're right, he always made himself approachable with his fans no matter where he is. I personally wouldn't want to do that. I'm fairly sure that the man doesn't have enough private life. Oh, OK, I didn't think anyone would buy that nonsense from me. Truth? I'd kidnap him and hide him. Bwahahahahaha! Opps, time to up the dosages again!

Comment

I'm still down here in the vault looking for that pic...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
                      That's what I'm worried about.

Spoiler:
                      A lot of times when the characters, straight, gay or what have you, finally kiss, I'd see the writers either making it a violent sexual tryst, or they just descend into a he/she roles that I hate so much. I wasn't so crazy about the very end, when Rush sauntered away. They just had a major milestone and I thought that maybe they may just hold each other quietly a little bit more, maybe Rush even going so far as to promise Young that he will fight Telford more. But he already stated that by giving him the pack of cigs. But then to sauntered away like a sassy lad, well, sorry, nope. Doesn't work. Why would Young even apologize for kissing him like that? Rush kissed him back, for frak's sake! I'm really curious to know if Rush was aware of Young's healing him. Will Rush now try to hold onto his humanity more for Young's sake? This is a tough one. I keep thinking about how "Moonlighting Strangers" that had starred Cybil Sheppard and Bruce Willis in the 80's and when their character finally admitted to loving each other, it was preluded with them slapping each other first. Same thing with "Northern Exposure". You're right. It's gonna be a lot of work and I can't wait to see it!!!!!!!!!
                      In a way it follows...
                      Spoiler:
                      the way Nick handles emotional issues. Ignore, deny, go hide and think on it.

We had a German Shepard that my dad named Cybil. LOL! Funny you should say that, there's a thread about someone thinking of getting a G. Shepard pup.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Czarina View Post
                        I've noticed the thinness for almost 6 months or so. I believe he has always struggled to keep weight on. And that there have been stomach issues in the past. And overworking himself; which in conjunction with each other can create serious problems. Depression and culture shock could contribute as well.

I need to get a life....at least I don't have to feel strange here. I don't talk about these things to too many friends, family...they just look at me.
                        What do you mean stomach issues in the past? I've never heard anything. Let me know. I agree with you. Living in Vancouver away from his family, doing several projects at once as well as fulfilling several roles in different organizations, that can be very exhausting. I do hope he takes a break. Just for a short while. Not too long, ya know?

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Thought I ought to get this to you right away.
                            Ahh, thank you, Jeri! Thoughtful as usual. If you were a man, I'd be all over you, but alas, you are out of luck!

Comment

CWR (Clean White Room, author of "Force Over Distance" a fanfic, thought I should say in case some poor soul is totally lost) is following the show's long slow burn, turning that screw ever so slowly, driving us all into distraction, and will eventionaly give us more action.
                              Spoiler:
                              It was a great time to get the crew involved, show a little hint of the developing relationship, and this gives us an idea of how Everett can deal with the AI. I feel like he is better equipped to find a path to take. Also I think Telford and his evil deeds, past and future, will be reveled. The little glimpse of the traumatic episode between Rush and Telford was again a teaser. Now that Telford is on board, I think we will see something there. I hope CWR keeps it up forever! Or I'll just expire.
                              sigpic

Comment

CWR (Clean White Room, author of "Force Over Distance" a fanfic, thought I should say in case some poor soul is totally lost) is following the show's long slow burn, turning that screw ever so slowly, driving us all into distraction, and will eventionaly give us more action.
                                Spoiler:
                                It was a great time to get the crew involved, show a little hint of the developing relationship, and this gives us an idea of how Everett can deal with the AI. I feel like he is better equipped to find a path to take. Also I think Telford and his evil deeds, past and future, will be reveled. The little glimpse of the traumatic episode between Rush and Telford was again a teaser. Now that Telford is on board, I think we will see something there. I hope CWR keeps it up forever! Or I'll just expire.
                                Oh, PERFECT description-"turning the screw ever so slowly".
                                Spoiler:
                                What do you mean give an idea of how Everett can deal with the AI? What kind of path do you think he will take? I agree about the little glimpse between Telford and Rush. I think there's going to be more and that Young will come to Rush's rescue by giving Telford some serious whumpage. Greer would make an excellent bodyguard for Rush too. The thing about the relationship between Young and Rush is probably not an odd one. Given that the proportion of women and men on the ship, I wouldn't be surprised if some other men are entering relationships with each other. In some cultures, when there's more men than women, it's not unusual for one women to have several husbands, but they are usually brothers. I can see Park being in a relationship with both Greer and Volkner, though it doesn't necessary means that those men will be in a relationship with each other. I can see maybe one woman having more than three guys in her harem. Ohh, I have a plot bunny running around in my head now!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X