Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Ken Kabatoff

You can refuse to know something, but you cannot escape the consequences of that refusal.~~ me

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
      yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssss!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[/QUOTE]

That's not Ginnifer Goodwin, it's Amanda Tapping.
        --Dallas =^..^=
        "This ship is called Destiny for a reason."
        http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/I_Love_SGU/

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
          Oh, sorry. I didn't know that that could happen to you. Can you forgive me?

Maybe when you see this?

Spoiler:
          you may need your pillows
          Spoiler:
          SSSSPPPPPPLLLLAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsTigercat View Post
            That's not Ginnifer Goodwin, it's Amanda Tapping.[/QUOTE]
            Good ol' Sam!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
              Hi girls, good night, I'll go to bed, I'm too tired to do anything else, especially sitting in front of my computer. I don't like to fall asleep with my head on the keyboard....
              Can't have Cairi waking up with a waffled face!
              sigpic

Comment

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/Jeri33/Once%20Upon%20A%20Time/5454858.jpg
                Is it just me, or does he look like, sickly thin? I hope he's eating okay. I know he's "older" and I'm not saying he should stuff his face and get fat, but he just looks like he gets thinner every time I see a new picture. Maybe it's just me?! *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Eri8321317 View Post
                  Is it just me, or does he look like, sickly thin? I hope he's eating okay. I know he's "older" and I'm not saying he should stuff his face and get fat, but he just looks like he gets thinner every time I see a new picture. Maybe it's just me?! *shrugs*
                  I was wondering myself. He looks tired in these photos, but I've been to those kind of events, and they can be quite a strain. I would not want to be someone like these stars at this kind of event, you would have to be on your toes the whole time. I was thinking that the stripped jacket didn't look that loose on him last fall, maybe the set of OUAT is not feeding their folks as well as Stargate!
                  sigpic

Comment

I was wondering myself. He looks tired in these photos, but I've been to those kind of events, and they can be quite a strain. I would not want to be someone like these stars at this kind of event, you would have to be on your toes the whole time. I was thinking that the stripped jacket didn't look that loose on him last fall, maybe the set of OUAT is not feeding their folks as well as Stargate!
                    LOL! I doubt that highly. If they can afford sets and hiring the actors and all, they definitely can afford to FEED them (unless they don't want to, and wanna hire someone dirt cheap to cook for him. I'd do it in a heartbeat lol! He'd get some good Southern cuisine in his body) ahem. ANYWAYS, I think maybe he's just been working a lot lately on OUAT. I'm not knocking his age or anything (or saying older people can't be as resilient as younger people) but I guess we do need to keep in mind he is older. Long days (and nights probably) can probably be taking a little toll on him. Or it could have been very well an off night, or an off picture. Cause I did see a little video from the gala and he was at a table (surprisingly, playing with an iPhone-whether it was his or not, Idk, but he sure was tinkering on one for a couple of seconds) then chatted with his co-star Lana and he seemed to be just fine there. So who knows. But to me, it just looks like he's gotten thinner.

Makes me just wanna go down there, and shove a cupcake or two in his mouth LOL xp

Comment

The new chapter of FOD...

Spoiler:
                      Now the crew is catching on. No way can they hide the fact that Rush is communicating with the Destiny now, and it's becoming obvious to more than a few people that somehow Col. Young is linked into this mind trip. I'm glad that now the rest of our beloved crew can be brought into the story in a significant way. This opens up tremendous story possibilities.
                      And here comes Telford! Look out boys, this can't be good! I still stick to my theory* that Col. Telford is a wild card. He may still be tied to the Lucian Alliance, but I'm sure that brainwashing has nothing to do with it. I think he is obsessed with Destiny's mission as an avenue to somehow reach his goal of unlocking the ascension mystery. He sees Nick as a stepping stone to further his agenda, to gain the ability to ascend for himself. Ascension gives one unlimited power and untold knowledge.
                      When Telford discovers the truth about Rush's connection to Destiny and Young's involvement, which he is already perhaps speculating, I think we may see him instigating a coup. He would not miss an opportunity to gain control of the ship and of Rush. There will be crew members who will be very opposed to Rush being in direct contact with Destiny, seeing this as a threat to their personal survival, trust still being an issue amongst this group.
                      A kiss! Wow! The plot thickens... It's interesting how this extreme physical interaction has broke down Nicks' defenses as no other has. We saw earlier how physical pain "grounded" Nick in the hear and now, so it does follow that this intimate interaction would bring down his barriers to let Everett into his true mind. A place that he has no doubt been sheltering long and hard, since even before Destiny, back on Earth when his world began to unravel with Gloria's illness and death. I speculated earlier that Nick has such a disciplined mind he is able to shield it from the devastating intrusion of aliens and extreme trauma. This is not to say he has not been damaged by these events, he certainly has, but like a wounded soldier he must hide his weakness from the enemy. And up until now, Young has still been his enemy, how can he fully trust someone who callously left him for dead?
                      Now has Nick seen what is truly in Everett's mind? Will he see how Everett was so guilt ridden by his actions towards Nick? What will he learn about the Colonel's moral code and what he thinks of Rush.
                      What will Everett make of the real insight into this tortured mind? Will he see him as too wounded to continue in his liaison with Destiny? Or perhaps he will see what his role should truly be, how to effectively support and bolster Nicholas.
                      Everett's actions of overpowering Nick and forcing a kiss was a desperate act to gain some control of the fast, colliding wreck of Nick's mind, acting on instinct and some kind of hint in the back of his mind to catch him. I don't see this as a sexual maneuver, but rather one of a deeply caring friend .
                      We shall see.
                      sigpic

Comment

LOL! I doubt that highly. If they can afford sets and hiring the actors and all, they definitely can afford to FEED them (unless they don't want to, and wanna hire someone dirt cheap to cook for him. I'd do it in a heartbeat lol! He'd get some good Southern cuisine in his body) ahem. ANYWAYS, I think maybe he's just been working a lot lately on OUAT. I'm not knocking his age or anything (or saying older people can't be as resilient as younger people) but I guess we do need to keep in mind he is older. Long days (and nights probably) can probably be taking a little toll on him. Or it could have been very well an off night, or an off picture. Cause I did see a little video from the gala and he was at a table (surprisingly, playing with an iPhone-whether it was his or not, Idk, but he sure was tinkering on one for a couple of seconds) then chatted with his co-star Lana and he seemed to be just fine there. So who knows. But to me, it just looks like he's gotten thinner.

Makes me just wanna go down there, and shove a cupcake or two in his mouth LOL xp
                        He's one of those people I envy, probably can eat like a horse and still not gain!

Hey kid! Watch what you say about us middle aged folks! You know, 80's the new 40!
                        sigpic

Comment

Can't have Cairi waking up with a waffled face!
                          Happens to me sometimes with books in my bed, and once I slept on the TV remote control

And good morning, I've got a busy day ahead, no work, but lots of housework and baking cakes
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrsTigercat View Post
                            That's not Ginnifer Goodwin, it's Amanda Tapping.[/QUOTE]

That was the photo's title upon its download; I hadn't looked closely enough for it to register...my bad. Sorry!
                            You can refuse to know something, but you cannot escape the consequences of that refusal.~~ me

Comment

Where is the video of the gala located? never mind...http://jaredpadaleckifan.com/gallery...es-screen-caps
                              Last edited by Czarina; 29 September 2011, 02:24 AM.

Comment

He's one of those people I envy, probably can eat like a horse and still not gain!

Hey kid! Watch what you say about us middle aged folks! You know, 80's the new 40!
                                Oh I know right? I eat one little finger scoop of frosting, I gain 50 pounds lol xp

And hey, absolutely NO disrespect towards middle aged folks. If I did, I wouldn't think he was the hottest thing since sliced bread lol. No, I was just simply stating that he possibly could be a little worn down. But I don't know this. I know he's definitely in better shape than myself, and he's twice my age, so you know. You middle aged folks are doing something us younger generations are not doing lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X