No announcement yet.

Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Erin can you see me waving back at you?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri8321317 View Post
      @ teyla: You could either bring an iPod and listen to tunes, or perhaps sneak somewhere at school to get on here?!

As promised girls, I took a pic of myself wearing my new "Team Rush: SGU" shirt. Please ignore my hair. It's very humid today and it just wouldn't do anything at all. And ignore my yellow paint in my bathroom (I loathe that color on the wall):

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...y/CIMG2558.jpg[
      Also not the prettiest thing to look at either, but oh well. Rocking my shirt today xp

Oy! The colors on the walls! But I don't know what you're *****ing about yourself for. You're very beautiful! If I was a man, but alas, you are out of luck! That's it! I'm going to order a Rush shirt! Thanks for posting the pic!

Comment

Originally posted by BamBoo View Post

I got it form amazonUK and there is subtitle in english. I think they speak eng accent only RC speaks scot (I suppose)
        If it's subtitled from UK, then perhaps the DVD will play in my Mac laptop. I heard that it will do that. Haven't tested it yet. I don't know if my DVD player is all region, though I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
          Interesting, the copy I have from AmazonUSA does not have any subtitles, it's weird because just about everything now has them.
          Different products made in different countries have different labels. I realized that I don't even know if UK have CC or if they call it CC or just English subtitles. Can anyone tell me?

Comment

I have an all region player but it doesn't say it is on it. I specifically looked for all region, and mine is a Pioneer DV-420V, it's HD. It only cost $90. I needed a new one, so why not? Some of RC's films will probably never get released here, maybe someday on some internet deal, but why wait?

I'm looking at my region 2 DVD's now, and they say subtitles. Funny all my region 2's are Carlyle films, I wonder why?
            sigpic

Comment

I have 'The Last Enemy' from amazon UK (there is no German version) and it has no subtitles at all. I often watch with subtitles the first time because it's easier to understand.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
                Different products made in different countries have different labels. I realized that I don't even know if UK have CC or if they call it CC or just English subtitles. Can anyone tell me?
                I don't know what CC means, but those GB DVD's I've bought, have "English for the hard of hearing", or if nothing is mentioned, there's unfortunately normally nothing.
                sigpic

Comment

I have the region 2 DVD of 'Riff Raff' and it has English subtitles. We do need it with that film. I think generally the English language region 2 DVD's have English subtitles because of so many countries covered in region 2.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have the region 2 DVD of 'Riff Raff' and it has English subtitles. We do need it with that film. I think generally the English language region 2 DVD's have English subtitles because of so many countries covered in region 2.
                    Unfortunately, not all DVD's have subtitles, like "The Last Enemy" Cairi mentioned above. It would be greart, and so much easier if they'd have.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                      I have 'The Last Enemy' from amazon UK (there is no German version) and it has no subtitles at all. I often watch with subtitles the first time because it's easier to understand.
                      I think it up to the company that puts it out, if they think they will make enough money on it they will put them in. Too bad, it's not standard on all.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks to the producers of 'Hamish' the DVDs have subtitles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                          Thanks to the producers of 'Hamish' the DVDs have subtitles
                          I understand the Scot accent quite well (Scottish grandpa) but I have used the subtitles once or twice on 'Hamish'. "What the h**l did he just say?!"
                          sigpic

Comment

I think it up to the company that puts it out, if they think they will make enough money on it they will put them in. Too bad, it's not standard on all.
                            Not sure if all questions of the movie/TV marked can be merged into the question of "enough money making". A lot of things happen also because nobody is interested in releasing a better product. Most of the time it is enough to release a cheap product which brings the same money, even if peopke are not that happy with it. Do we really have a choice?

People who produce DVD's don't need to love their work, and want to make it the best way possible, they just earn money with it. And too often it ends there.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                              Not sure if all questions of the movie/TV marked can be merged into the question of "enough money making". A lot of things happen also because nobody is interested in releasing a better product. Most of the time it is enough to release a cheap product which brings the same money, even if peopke are not that happy with it. Do we really have a choice?

People who produce DVD's don't need to love their work, and want to make it the best way possible, they just earn money with it. And too often it ends there.
                              Yup, you're right, there does not seem to be much integrity in the business world these days.

I was just on Amazon, the 'product specifications' for the DVD will list if there are subtitles or not. The DVD of 'Riff Raff' list 17 languages !
                              sigpic

Comment

Yup, you're right, there does not seem to be much integrity in the business world these days.

I was just on Amazon, the 'product specifications' for the DVD will list if there are subtitles or not. The DVD of 'Riff Raff' list 17 languages !
                                As far as I remember my Riff-Raff DVD has only one language for subtitles. English. But with Amazon here (means amazon.de and UK) it is sometimes a question what you'll get in the end. It's not allways mentioned. It's also not allways mentioned what extras you get. Some are good with informations (mostly big movie companies), but some give only necessary basic informations, about the film, and that's it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X