X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeri View Post
    Okay, I can't wait until tomorrow,
    Spoiler:
    About how possessive Destiny has become of Rush, I had this idea back when Rush first found the master code and unlocked the bridge, that because he was the first person to successfully access the interface (by sitting in the chair) Destiny set the master code to Rush's DNA. It makes sense to me because how could the Ancients set a code to be used so far in the future at an undetermined time. Way too many variables. Logically they would think of a way to insure regardless of how time laid out that some Ancient or human could access and fulfill the mission.

Then in the scene just before Rush goes to the bridge for the first time, we see him have a terrible nightmare and wake. Perhaps this triggered the information that was placed in his mind by the neural interface, the code itself, and we see him just enter a code that gives access to the bridge. I theorized that all the data that we saw streaming into Nick's mind during 'Human' had to plant many bits of info, if not immediately available, would gradually come to his consciousness and be useful.

So I think the use of the chair was by design meant to have Destiny and the user merge into a single consciousness and perhaps the AI is a 'monitor' of sorts and meant to help the living person exist in this artificial world. The use of another individual is also imperative, the Ancients knowing that a machine cannot fully understand or anticipate the needs of a human. Whether or not one is supposed to be completely taken over was an unknown variable of such a program. Of coarse Destiny herself would see the addition of a human mind very desirable, and would endeavor to keep this resource it sees as an insurance to it's survival and the mission's fulfillment.

Where this leaves our boy Nick, is probably in a bad situation for his human existence. And I think Col. Young knows this all too well. Maybe the reason a second person is necessary to insure the survival of the primary individual.

So what do you think of my take on Destiny's motivations?
    Spoiler:
    That, my dearJeri, is one of the most intriguing concept that I ever heard!! It would make perfect sense to use DNA and especially if the Ancients wanted to avoid confusing Destiny. And in FOD, Rush did possess the Ancient gene. Do you think that maybe Destiny was already linking with Rush by then? Now that gets even more creepy! Did Rush even suspected? Didn't the Ancient assumed that one of their kind or humans could possibly be extinct after a few million years? Didn't they take a chance anyway to do that? What if they had used some genetic markers that more than five species would possess, as a safeguard to keep Destiny going? My question is, did the Ancient ascended after Destiny was built? I'm not quite sure what they mean by ascension. Do they mean go to a higher metaphysical plane as evolved energy? If so, then why the hell would they need a ship for to find the Background Radiation? Couldn't they just GO there as energy themselves? What if Destiny was built as an experiment to see if humans could comprehend the design of the ship, as sort of intergalactic Rubik Cube to see if we as humans could evolve enough? Oh, frak, that's too way out there right now. Did the Ancients suspected that the ship would take millions of years to reach its destination? Why?
    Must use paragraphs! Sorry!
    I've always wondered how did he know what code to punch in to see the bridge for the first time. Your theory makes the most sense! It's absolutely plausible too, that I'm willing to accept that as the perfect reason. I can't think of any other theory that would make sense. How did Rush just KNOW? It doesn't make sense, but your take does.
    Paragraphs! Sigh!
    You're right, it does leave Nicky in a bad spot. "Screwed" is the word I'd use, but is but then again, isn't this what he wanted in a way? He doesn't want to go home. There's nothing back there. To merge with a database with the knowledge of all the worlds that Destiny had gone through and to find maybe "God" or some version of it at the journey's end? Nicky is so ready for that, but he probably didn't count on forming relationships with the people on board, especially with Young. Remember that in Ch. 20 when he was muttering about the longer he stays with Young, the more he can fix him as well as get Young and the others home, not them, just him and the others. Rush loves him. He cares about him. He cares about the others. He wasn't always such a bastard. Remember that he mentioned that even he has a hard time dealing with himself.
    I do have another question. If he ascends, how the hell is he going to find Gloria? If she's like a radio signal like Ginn and Mandy, and she had already passed away years ago, wouldn't it be a theory that her signal have decayed, based on what happened in the series? May I have your permission to repost your theory to my LJ? It's really a great concept!

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
      wish you all a nice weekend - suppose that I won't be around the next two weeks - I won't be at home so do not think that I will have internet connection.

See ya

Where ever you're going, mi_guard, I hope you have a good time. Take lots of pics! And stay safe! Mwuah!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
        There are just the two (I hit a writing block and never finished the third, so sad), but I would love your feedback/critique.

I would LOVE a group re-watch. I've just been so sad about no SGU lately, really rather moody about it.
        I perfectly understand that, hun, and so do the rest of us. I actually came to SGU late, a year after it was already playing on TV. I saw the DVD, recognized RC, and bought it, and was addicted. Joined Mrs.TigerCat's group and was totally immersed in it. My biggest frustrations was that I'm hearing impaired, had no cable, and was waiting for Hulu to post it with CC. After the "Malice, it stopped posting for the rest of the year. Pre ordered Season 2 and then joined this group. Took me the whole frakking summer to catch up on the posts here before I finally stopped lurking. Yes, I know, I now will not stop talking so damn much. Sorry, in the South of USA, we don't hide our crazies, even the transplanted people from New York. It's through this group that I've discovered LiveJournal and Fanfiction, so it's really really gratifying to read through all of the stories.
        Hey, send me the link to your stories and I will read them. My moniker is from being a potter, and in college, we'd give each other crits on what worked and what didn't. It's meant to help, to give us a different perspective and theories to try something else. That's along the same line that I use when I write my reviews for CWR. And so it will be with you. Grammars, and all of the stuff is NOT my strong suit, period. It's the idea, not the contruction, that I work on. It will be the same way for you. I'm not a good writer, having not done it in over 25 years, but I do have alot of nice movies playing in my head. Just found out they're called plot bunnies. I need to get them fixed. Their population is out of control. Dang1 I'm really wordy today. "WordyBirdy" should be my new moniker.

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
          *melting away* ooooooh thank youuuuuuu

Oh, sheesh! What a mess! Alright, who had the wet/dry shop vac last?

Comment

Originally posted by BamBoo View Post
            Hello Everyone and welcome back carmencatalina
            IMO, everyone should read FOD! It's really be a great fanfic
            also 'Redemption' and it's already completed.

CleanWhiteRoom wrote a new fic *run off*

I watched 'Monroe' 2 days ago and made some caps.
            Hope you like them

I tried to do a painting of the third picture. It doesn't look exactly like him but hey, it was my first time. I tell my kids, "That's your new daddy!"

Comment

I want to be the captain!

And I want to be the president for life dictator.

Comment

Originally posted by BamBoo View Post

Awesome!

Have a good time mi

More caps:

hope I didn't make too much caps. I try to delete some but I can't. It's all RC

You can NEVER make too many caps of RC!!!! Thanks for posting them. By any chance, the DVD you got it from, does it says "CC" or subtitiled in English? I so want to order this film but if it doesn't have that, it's a waste of money.

Comment

Heyyyyy, I'm now a Weapons Officer! I need to go hang out with Greer and do some paintball with a flame thrower built in. Fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri8321317 View Post
                    Disney World. I have been to Land before, but World is a lot closer to us.
                    Both are kind far away for me but I like Land better

I want to be the captain!
                    *points to rank*

I didn't even know that there were both, I thought Disney is Disney
                    Nope, there's two but they are pretty similar
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I didn't even know that there were both, I thought Disney is Disney
                      We have Disney World in Florida, and Disneyland in southern California. I have been to both now, but Disneyland was way long ago when I was 12!
                      sigpic

Comment

and does one of the two have anything Stargate related? probably not as Stargate does not pertain to the Disney group, correct?

but imagine if you could walk through a replica of Destiny
                        Grimm returns October 24
                        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            That, my dearJeri, is one of the most intriguing concept that I ever heard!! It would make perfect sense to use DNA and especially if the Ancients wanted to avoid confusing Destiny. And in FOD, Rush did possess the Ancient gene. Do you think that maybe Destiny was already linking with Rush by then? Now that gets even more creepy! Did Rush even suspected? Didn't the Ancient assumed that one of their kind or humans could possibly be extinct after a few million years? Didn't they take a chance anyway to do that? What if they had used some genetic markers that more than five species would possess, as a safeguard to keep Destiny going? My question is, did the Ancient ascended after Destiny was built? I'm not quite sure what they mean by ascension. Do they mean go to a higher metaphysical plane as evolved energy? If so, then why the hell would they need a ship for to find the Background Radiation? Couldn't they just GO there as energy themselves? What if Destiny was built as an experiment to see if humans could comprehend the design of the ship, as sort of intergalactic Rubik Cube to see if we as humans could evolve enough? Oh, frak, that's too way out there right now. Did the Ancients suspected that the ship would take millions of years to reach its destination? Why?
                            Must use paragraphs! Sorry!
                            I've always wondered how did he know what code to punch in to see the bridge for the first time. Your theory makes the most sense! It's absolutely plausible too, that I'm willing to accept that as the perfect reason. I can't think of any other theory that would make sense. How did Rush just KNOW? It doesn't make sense, but your take does.
                            Paragraphs! Sigh!
                            You're right, it does leave Nicky in a bad spot. "Screwed" is the word I'd use, but is but then again, isn't this what he wanted in a way? He doesn't want to go home. There's nothing back there. To merge with a database with the knowledge of all the worlds that Destiny had gone through and to find maybe "God" or some version of it at the journey's end? Nicky is so ready for that, but he probably didn't count on forming relationships with the people on board, especially with Young. Remember that in Ch. 20 when he was muttering about the longer he stays with Young, the more he can fix him as well as get Young and the others home, not them, just him and the others. Rush loves him. He cares about him. He cares about the others. He wasn't always such a bastard. Remember that he mentioned that even he has a hard time dealing with himself.
                            I do have another question. If he ascends, how the hell is he going to find Gloria? If she's like a radio signal like Ginn and Mandy, and she had already passed away years ago, wouldn't it be a theory that her signal have decayed, based on what happened in the series? May I have your permission to repost your theory to my LJ? It's really a great concept!
                            Well, shucks. Thank you. Sure you can post it where you like. I think I might join LJ and Fanfic, but right now I am trying to keep myself on a leash. I have school and my photo class requires we each have our own Wordpress blog to post our work on. That has been a challenge, but I've got the hang of it now. GW has been a good training ground for me, and I've learned so much even about general computer navigation.
                            I just put in my DVD of the Monroe film and no, it does not have CC or any subtitles. But, this film was rather quiet and moody, soft background music that did not overpower the speaking. And it just wasn't that wordy in the first place. Don't know if that helps. I have almost all RC's films, so let me know, I can take a look to see which ones do have the captioning.
                            Thank you for the paragraphs! I know how excited one can get, so thanks for them, I really enjoy reading your posts.

First, in 'Human' Rush learns from his 'dream' that the master code is a DNA code, so at the very end of the episode Rush writes a program to find the DNA code. (remember in the dream he kept seeing the number 46, the number of chromosomes in human DNA)

The Ancients did not want Destiny to fall into the hands of aliens and they had enemies, also they probably were not planning for such a long time for people to come back to her. We do know that they thought it would be some time after the builders of Destiny lifetimes.
                            The Ancients learned about ascension sometime after Destiny was launched, and their culture's focus switched to that. Yes the idea of ascension is to move to a higher metaphysical plane of evolved energy to where they would have power (as Rush said) "to change things, to right the wrongs" I believe Rush thinks somehow he could go back and save Gloria.
                            I think the Destiny was forgotten because of the ascension idea and the Ancients had enemies to fight and also a plague came about. So at the time of Destiny's building, they thought they would use her.
                            I think Nick was a nice guy before his loss and he still is down deep. He wouldn't be interesting to me if he were not. He would not have had someone like Gloria if he were a true jerk.
                            If only we had more SGU, I think a lot of very interesting stories are left to be told. Thank God for folks like CWR, because I am so positively bored with most of tv and film, books. Something worth my brain chewing on! (oh no! zombies just crept back in there!)
                            sigpic

Comment

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/mi_guard/A%20Robert%20Carlyle%20general/PDVD_028.jpg
                              Puppy!

Too bad someplace like Disney didn't buy all those sets and props, that would have been a blast!
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, Disney does have different "lands" in a certain part of the park: Magic Kingdom. They have Frontierland, Tomorrowland, and Futureland (I believe)

It would be AWESOME if Stargate could squeeze it's way into Futureland. But you know, I doubt that'd happen. Though, I think it would be a big business opportunity for Disney. For anyone, I would think.

Disney definitely could afford to buy the rights...

But anyways! I'm thinking of starting a reWATCH (I realized earlier I said rematch) tonight. After I eat some pizza lol. xp

Comment

Working...
                                X