Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    And again I try to green you MWB, but can't! *mental green and heartfelt thanks*
    sigpic

Comment

Yesterday, I spent most of the day with my friend- had lunch & then went back to her place to watch 'Eragon'.

She liked it- thought it was a good story.
      Kept hiding under the blanket she had over her everytime Durza/RC was on (especially the later scenes- scene where he stabs the Urgal in the foot, rallying the troops to go fight the Varden.....you get the picture).
      Really liked Ed/Eragon- especially the topless scene [I knew she'd like it- remembered it right when Ed was jumping into the water to enter the Varden].
      Only thing I disagreed on with her was she thought Murtagh was "cute" (which often means hot when she says it)- maybe it's the fact that I have distrusted M from in the books..........even on just reading 'Eragon', I didn't trust him!
      She also cringed on the two times Eragon & Saphira crash-landed (in the forest while trying to save Brom from the Ra'zac, & then at the end of the battle). Then she thought Saphira was dying- to which I said 'just wait & see' with a slightly evil grin.
      She was also egging for Arya & Eragon to kiss- we both went "Noooooo!" when they didn't in the end scene [even though that was like my 3rd viewing of it]

Anyway, getting OT.

Catch ya later.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Video of a Johnnie Walker whisky ad starring Robert Carlyle, and an interview about the shooting.
        sigpic

Comment

Saw a little of 'the Last Enemy'- it was either a preview or the actual ep.....can't remember.....maybe a promo........

Anyway, there's a shot of RC & some group walking along- suddenly an explosion happens behind them.
          The group all duck down- RC just keeps marching on like nothing ever happened.

I was shocked.
          And then I suddenly thought- him in SGU will be AWESOME if it's filled with crazy moments like that.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

I love Robert Carlyle's performances in film and TV, but everytime I hear about him in Stargate I can't help, but think how insane it is in an awesome way coz I always remember him from this scene in Trainspotting:

<<YouTube link deleted .Mod insert : PG -forum. = PG - language.>>

Legendary stuff!
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 September 2009, 04:03 AM. Reason: unfltered profanity .see note in "mod insert" .

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
            from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana View Post
              I love Robert Carlyle's performances in film and TV, but everytime I hear about him in Stargate I can't help, but think how insane it is in an awesome way coz I always remember him from this scene in Trainspotting:

<Link snipped by Moderator>

Legendary stuff!
              Lmao...I can hardly understand a word he says in that scene. Still, funny nonetheless
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 September 2009, 02:40 AM.
              Sig by Pandora's Box
              sigpic

Comment

I can't believe that's him. What's with the 'stash

Comment

Don't forget The Full Monty. Robert Carlyle is an awesome actor, I can't wait to see him in SGU.

Though yes, I'll probably still be thinking of Begbie for a while
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Don't forget The Full Monty. Robert Carlyle is an awesome actor, I can't wait to see him in SGU.

Though yes, I'll probably still be thinking of Begbie for a while
                    Mate whenever I think Trainspotting I just think the morning after shag scene with the tall lanky fella (can't think his name) and the rather dirty sheets....

That is horrid.
                    sigpic

Comment

Bobbie Carlye great actor I think he will bring alot to the franchise and hes also a fellow glaswegien
                      shal kek'nemron

sigpic:

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                        Lmao...I can hardly understand a word he says in that scene. Still, funny nonetheless
                        He says "that wee lassie got glassed and nae **** is leaving til we find out which **** did it".

ironic considering it was him LOL
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 September 2009, 02:34 AM. Reason: Profanity filter is there for a good reason.Don't get creative .;)

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
                        from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

<Link snipped by Moderator>

Legendary stuff!
                          LOL! Still great after all these years.

"Begbie didn't do drugs either. He just did people." HAHAHAHA

Doesn't everyone think that Robert Carlyle might just be getting a wee tiny bit typecast these days. Heh.
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 September 2009, 02:39 AM.
                          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

He says "that wee lassie got glassed and nae C*nt is leaving til we find out which c*nt did it".

ironic considering it was him LOL
                            lassie? why the heck was he talking about a dog?
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvSQS...eature=related

Legendary stuff!
                              Carlyle's a legend. He was also quality in Human Trafficking. I can't wait to see him in SGU.

Comment

I loved his performance as the psycho bad guy in the Bond film "The World is not Enough". I also can't wait to see him in SGU.

Comment

Working...
                                X