Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
    Welcome warumonochan, he rolles cigarettes. At least if one smoke, rolled cigaretts are better than normal cigarettes, those contain a lot more chemicals.

I don't quite agree with that. If he rolls his own, he still have to buy the loose tobacco, which can still be laced with chemicals.
    Because I am a real life farmer(endangered species!) I must remark that if one is concerned and discerning, there is organic grown tobacco to be had. Now, one must be diligent in finding it, but I know several people who use it. It is readily available here in California, don't know about elsewhere. I have one friend who grows her own, and the seeds are hard to get, it's regulated by government and big tobacco companies. You can find anything you want here, my friend grows other things to smoke as well; ha, ha!
    Like many crops, there are many varieties, the tobacco companies only use a very few. There are small growers who specialize in distinctive flavors, and their marketing strategy is to provide a special,organic product, the only way to compete in the corporate dominated agriculture industry.
    Sorry for the lecture, I couldn't help myself.
    sigpic

Comment

Here's something just for Czarina I bet she doesn't have this photo.
      sigpic

Comment

Great!

I have a vid planned for those two, let's see if I get to it sometime [/QUOTE]

Ohhhhhh, I can't wait!!!!!!

Comment

[
          Like many crops, there are many varieties, the tobacco companies only use a very few. There are small growers who specialize in distinctive flavors, and their marketing strategy is to provide a special,organic product, the only way to compete in the corporate dominated agriculture industry.
          Sorry for the lecture, I couldn't help myself.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I don't think you were lecturing. I've found it very educational! So now the next great mystery, what kind is RC smoking??? The hunt is on!

Comment

This one is the new desktop!

Last edited by Czarina; 22 August 2011, 11:26 PM. Reason: swearing
            You can refuse to know something, but you cannot escape the consequences of that refusal.~~ me

Comment

You can refuse to know something, but you cannot escape the consequences of that refusal.~~ me

Comment

I swear he has lost 20 lbs. I wonder if it is intentional, or a by product of stress.?
                Last edited by Czarina; 22 August 2011, 11:30 PM. Reason: the weight comment belonged with these pix

Comment

Comment

Robert Carlyle, News, Pictures, Buzz - August 22, 1:46 pm
                    www.headlinegrabber.com/R/Robert-Carlyle/ - Cached
                    @jimmycarr I once got a silk cut cigarette@jimmycarr I once got a silk cut cigarette from Robert Carlyle. Posted on 22 August 2011 | 10:42 am ...

no article to find...but I went elsewhere and learned of a brand called Silk Cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Czarina View Post
                      Robert Carlyle, News, Pictures, Buzz - August 22, 1:46 pm
                      www.headlinegrabber.com/R/Robert-Carlyle/ - Cached
                      @jimmycarr I once got a silk cut cigarette@jimmycarr I once got a silk cut cigarette from Robert Carlyle. Posted on 22 August 2011 | 10:42 am ...

no article to find...but I went elsewhere and learned of a brand called Silk Cuts.
                      okay Czarina, you are now officially our Robert Carlyle Wikipedia
                      Grimm returns October 24
                      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

"...Carlyle, now 45, still as wiry as ever and only showing age with the slight greying around his temples, talks in a soft Glaswegian accent. He orders a herbal tea and smokes ultra-low Silk Cuts. Not an intimidating presence, then, but nor should he be, he points out. "You shouldn't ----ing live your parts - that's an amateur mistake." ~ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...of-fop....html

Further down a couple of paragraphs he talks about never, ever, ever, ever, ever....living/working in LA/Hollywood?America
                        I hate to notice, but home must have issues to work out if he's willing to swallow his pride and work & live here.

Having said this, I welcome his arrival here and I really hope he isn't let down. I wish him the best.
                        I can't even imagine having the media record so much mundane nonsense, anyone is bound to say things, some time or another, that they come to regret.
                        Last edited by Czarina; 23 August 2011, 02:08 AM. Reason: a lot more to say...

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                          okay Czarina, you are now officially our Robert Carlyle Wikipedia
                          Right. On.

I do not know about the scar on the lip or the sword tattoo...although I have an idea that I am reluctant to post.

What else do I need to drum up? Help, I'm obsessed and I can't think of anything else right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Czarina View Post
                            Right. On.

I do not know about the scar on the lip or the sword tattoo...although I have an idea that I am reluctant to post.

What else do I need to drum up? Help, I'm obsessed and I can't think of anything else right now!
                            I think now you should to to bed and rest a little bit
                            Grimm returns October 24
                            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                              I have an Ipod, and you download from the web like off of Amazon one song or a whole album, on to Itunes, which you then hook up the Ipod to. It is really simple once you do it once or twice, I love it. I put the GW podcasts on there and go for a walk, or whatever.
                              I would bet that his wife has a computer. You just have to now, especially if one has kids in school, everything is online like the child's homework assignments, what they are up to, etc. Have you tried to buy airline tickets without being online, very hard to do, not too many travel agents left around here. He is just reluctant as I have been to get too involved in the computer stuff. It took me a long time to really come round to using a computer.
                              He has talked several times about researching things to understand something about a role. He also said once that he uses the internet for what it was intended, to learn something important. But of coarse this thread is VERY important, to be sure!
                              I felt sheepish upon hearing that comment...guilty...I only just heard that comment tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                                I think now you should to to bed and rest a little bit
                                Yeah, it is that time...husband gets home at 4 am from work, so I stay awake and wait for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X