No announcement yet.

Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh, just got back from my exam. If all goes well, I'll pass. Last night I followed some advice and drank energy drink to keep myself awake. I was sure that otherwise I'd fall asleep without reading all the necessary material. In the end, when I finished, I tried to go to sleep, but couldn't. Went to exam with only few hours of sleep.
    Yeah, that's not really the way to go about it, I gotta say. I've found that if you cram a lot in before going to sleep - or not, in your case - you don't retain that knowledge as much as you would if you just evenly spaced things out over a few days/weeks/months/however long you had to revise. I was never the best at exams back in high school, mostly because I was a crappy reviser and I tried to cram too much in in the hours leading up to the exam. Yeesh. Good times.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      Yeah, that's not really the way to go about it, I gotta say. I've found that if you cram a lot in before going to sleep - or not, in your case - you don't retain that knowledge as much as you would if you just evenly spaced things out over a few days/weeks/months/however long you had to revise. I was never the best at exams back in high school, mostly because I was a crappy reviser and I tried to cram too much in in the hours leading up to the exam. Yeesh. Good times.
      I know, I know. I always intend to plan my studying, but fail to do so, when the time comes. It's always been like that. In fact, it feels strange when something gets done before last minute.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
        I know, I know. I always intend to plan my studying, but fail to do so, when the time comes. It's always been like that. In fact, it feels strange when something gets done before last minute.
        Lol, we could write a book: "The Last Minute: Why It's Best To Leave Things To It, Australia and Estonia recommended!"
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

*raises hand*

I know this very well, I nearly always do things in the last minute . Why start learning for an exam 3 months before when starting 3 days before is early enough?
          sigpic

Comment

Lol, we could write a book: "The Last Minute: Why It's Best To Leave Things To It, Australia and Estonia recommended!"
            Approved by Nicholas Rush.

Nice save, eh. Not because he would leave things at the last minute, but because his name is in the thread title. ... Australia?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
              Why start learning for an exam 3 months before when starting 3 days before is early enough?
              Or in my case, one day.
              sigpic

Comment

Ah, I'm fighting so hard not to post that picture.
                Oh, please!
                sigpic

Comment

Nice save, eh. Not because he would leave things at the last minute, but because his name is in the thread title. ... Australia?
                  Australia? Who said Australia?

And yes, very on-topic. Once, during the derailing of a thread about whether or not SGU was a soap or not, I posted a recipe for making soap to keep things on-topic. Good times.

Comment

Oh, please!
                    No?

And yes, very on-topic. Once, during the derailing of a thread about whether or not SGU was a soap or not, I posted a recipe for making soap to keep things on-topic. Good times.
                    Aww, too bad I missed it. Would've laughed myself silly.
                    sigpic

Comment

No?
                      Please?

sigpic

Comment

Are you speaking for mi?
                        sigpic

Comment

Don't worry, gals, I won't be posting any pictures of Durza. Here's one from "Malice" instead -

I know mi will love this one.
                          sigpic

Comment

mi can look away

But don't put it in spoiler tags, that's the best way that she will see it
                            sigpic

Comment

mi can look away
                              I'm afraid she'd stop posting jeans' pictures.

But don't put it in spoiler tags, that's the best way that she will see it
                              Wasn't it the other way around?
                              sigpic

Comment

Wasn't it the other way around?
                                Uh, yeah, right! Sometimes doing to many things simultaneously confuses me a bit, although I'm a woman
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X