X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's time for our regular reminder about the basic rules of the forum

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=64693
    http://forum.gateworld.net/announcement.php?f=40

Derogatory terms are inappropriate, things like Spud, McIcky and others. This ties in with our 'no character/pairing bashing' rule.

When you quote pictures, snip out the IMG tags so that the quoted photo is nothing more than a link. If you quote a picture and leave the IMG tags intact, your post can be deleted.

Anything posted inline, gifs, images, ANYTHING must be less than 100K in file size. We have some threads that are so incredibly bogged down with oversized photos that people are literally avoiding the thread because they bog down on high speed.

Check the size of your sig. ALL sigs must take up a space of no more than 200 pixels tall, 700 wide and have a total file size of 50K or less. Folks, your sig should be a fun and SHORT little thing, not a dissertation on everything you like/dislike or every single website you've ever visited. And it certainly should not be larger than your average post.

The mods are gonna start lurking in the various wow and thunk threads. We see inappropriate posts, we're gonna delete them. If we continually have to remind people of the rules, we may look into restricting your posting.

Just take a look at your posts and what you've been doing. If you've been following the rules, you're gonna have nothing to worry about. If you've been bending them, then here's your chance to alter your posting styles.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask any mod.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
      *sigh* This waiting for pics is doing my head in! LOL!

But I've managed to cap a couple of RC's other recent appearances (Zig Zag Love and The Unloved) - the caps are on my site

Finally watched Dead Fish the other night too. RC was good It wasn't as awful as I was lead to believe - it fell a bit flat, and the premise was a big cliché but it was laugh-out-loud in a few places with lots of smirking in between.
      My friend (who has my Eragon dvd) is having an early bday party next Friday [her bday isn't until July 7th]- hopefully she'll have it ready to give back by then. *fingers crossed!*

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Well, I have the DVD back- she didn't watch it () due to being busy with Uni work.

Will get onto screencapping it tomorrow- I'm still tired from the parties. I had my friend's early 20th, & then last night was another friend's early 21st/farewell party (she's heading to the US to nanny for a while) & I didn't get home till just before 1am this morning. Even though I slept through till 11 this morning, I'm still slightly tired. And screen-caps take a while.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
          Well, I have the DVD back- she didn't watch it () due to being busy with Uni work.

Will get onto screencapping it tomorrow- I'm still tired from the parties. I had my friend's early 20th, & then last night was another friend's early 21st/farewell party (she's heading to the US to nanny for a while) & I didn't get home till just before 1am this morning. Even though I slept through till 11 this morning, I'm still slightly tired. And screen-caps take a while.
          You said it! I'm only half way through the first part of Class of 76 - very hard to find enough hours to dedicate to it. No rush though hon (no pun intended!)
          sigpic

Comment

Well it's extra hard cos I likey Ed who plays Eragon...........so I easily get distracted.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
              Well it's extra hard cos I likey Ed who plays Eragon...........so I easily get distracted.
              sigpic

Comment

Went through it the other day & capped just the Durza/RC scenes (to do the entire 99 min would've taken WAAAAAY to long).
                Got them uploading to Photobucket a few at a time- my computer froze the other day when I did a big group of it, & so I've learnt small groups!

Will be back soon with them.

EDIT:
                It's taken a while, but I've FINALLY finished uploading all 90 caps of Durza/RC! (yay!)

Here's the first bunch (in order- I hope- from start of movie to his final death scene):
                Spoiler:

Bowing to Galbatorix [much as John Malcovich is great, I don't think the character was well written]:

Fantastic shot of his eyes- used when they were cutting between him, Arya, & Eragon:

Nice shot of his fake hair (I love the lighting on this):

Shot panned up to reveal him side on- this cap features some of the credits (says Rachel Weiz as the voice of Saphira in case it's hard to read)

Snarl: (features more credits- including Chris Egan ('Roran') whose in fact Aussie!)

Giving the signal to attack Arya:

Commanding a ring of fire around Arya (whose not visible in that shot as far as I can see):

Muttering something (some language- the subtitles on mine don't have all the words. The only ones they had in the subtitles were when Brom was explaining them to Eragon)

I capped this to show him walking through the fire (not the best CG work- they did better later on- & I'm disappointed cos Wetta Workshop is credited as the CG workmen)

Looking rather pleased:

Now, those teeth HAVE to be fake........

Looming over Arya trying to get her to tell him where the 'stone' has been sent to:

I know! Not RC, but if you look carefully, he's in the bottom of the shot:

Finding her resistance, he gets angry:

The next time we see him, he's got Arya in some weird room. Saphira has hatched, & he's trying to get info on the new rider from her:

More next post- there's a lot more to go.
                Last edited by LandJrule; 07 July 2009, 05:21 PM.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Durza Caps Pt 2 (only 20 images allowed in one post- this could take about 5 posts to post them all!)

Spoiler:

(he snarls a lot in the movie)

Telling King G that there's nothing to worry about "the egg has hatched....to a simple farm boy"

King G telling him they can't let the boy get to the Varden- can't let them have hope:

Summoning the Ra'zac [shot from above]:

Bats flying up (or what seemed like bats):

(Ra'zac summoning still)

The best thing about his character, is they can make him sort of appear suddenly.
                  This is him appearing from no where- I love the effect they used.

I think these are the Urgals- they never really explained who they were. Durza is just starting to examine one of their weapons:

More in a sec!

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Durza Caps Pt 3

Spoiler:

Durza in the process of slamming the weapon into one Urgal's foot (it happens off-camera, but you get the idea from the 'agh!' the Urgal makes)

Talking nastily to that Urgal (while weapon still in his foot)

I love this moment- it's a great shot of him reading some giant book & the Urgals are about to enter after returning from a failed attempt to kill Eragon:

Him glaring at them rather evilly:

Recieving the bad news....well, badly:

Despite him being evil, he looks rather innocent here: (especially when you know what's coming in about 2 seconds)

It's a bit hard to see (plus they kinda showed a little of just the Urgal's face, & one of Durza's fingers on his temple- before cutting to show Durza) but the Urgal (the blur) is falling down dead. Durza killed him for failing:

He then decides to get the boy (Eragon) to come to him. And so he uses Arya as bait (typical- young teen boy falls for the pretty elf)

There was a moment where Eragon (in his dream) sees & talks to Arya in a forest. Right at the very end, there's a close up of Arya, & it blends into Durza. So here's a few caps of that- half Arya half Durza:

(half cool, half freaky!)

Then there's scenes with Eragon- him packing to go save Arya, Brom telling him no, him doing it anyway, & him getting in & to her.
                    Arya tells him he shouldn't have come, & then Durza appears:

Durza saying to Eragon how he expected Eragon to be "well.....more (evil chuckle)"

Out in the hall, he & Eragon start to fight. This is him about to send various sharp objects towards Eragon: (you gotta love the hair blowing)

Eragon ducked most- used his sword to protect himself on the last one. This cap is from just after that:

Dunno what's going on there.....

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Damn computer keeps crashing Firefox. Was in the middle of posting Part 4, & it crashed. And it's wiped all that I had.

Start Part 4 over.

Part 4

Spoiler:

(I think he's smiling cause he's just said something like "they say, when a rider lies dying.....he can hear the screams of his dragon!"

Bit hard to see, but he's lifting a spear with magic- he's about to try & kill Eragon.

Brom jumped in front of Eragon, being impailed by the spear. So Eragon- in anger- throws his sword at Durza. Durza raises his hand, & the sword falls to the ground. Durza then says "you'll have to do better than that".

So Eragon shoots an arrow- & hits Durza square in the forehead.

Durza death......or is it????? (hehehe)

Gonna make shorter posts- my computer is having trouble keeping up.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Part 5

Spoiler:

Brom breaks the news to Eragon that unless Eragon got Durza in the heart, he ain't dead (that's the jist).

The next time we see Durza, he's doing this:

Turns out he poisons Arya to try & speed Eragon's trip to the Varden up. And it worked! Just after Arya is poisoned, Saphira drops in Murtagh- who claims his family was killed, & had heard of the new dragon rider, & has been following Eragon for some time. If you've read the book- both the first & second one- you'd know not to trust him.

Durza tells King G that Eragon has led them to the Varden-

Durza talking to the soldiers to not let anyone survive- but Eragon is his.

(not sure what's going on in the last one)

Next part- the battle!

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Part 6- battle

Spoiler:

Hmmm..... how did that get in there???? (*whistles innocently*) Now tell me how you can not resist that?!

Durza watching the start of the battle:

I think he's summoning the black magic dragon he rides........

Riding the BM Dragon about to go fight Eragon:

Making a comment to Eragon (something about dying.....can't remember)

Face full of Saphira's fire, anyone???

I really like his sword- it has flames!

Yelling at Eragon (either that or screaming):

Trying to look evil:

Next part- the last part of the battle!

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Hopefully, this will be the last one- firefox seems to be ok if I only open 1 pic at a time. It takes slightly longer, but meh!

Anyway.....

PART 7- BATTLE continued

Spoiler:

Durza manages to injure Eragon on his back (about the only moment they really kept in tact from the book- & it was brilliantly done too), & his BM dragon wounds Saphira on her neck.

In a spectacular moment, Durza throws a ball of evil magic at Eragon. when it disappears, it reveals an empty saddle. *gasp!* (for the first time, seeing it a second time, I picked up Eragon learned this trick from listening to Brom! I'll explain) Reveals that Eragon's hanging off Saphira's tail. On his command, she flicks her tail, sending him flying over to Durza.
                            Eragon & Durza go flying off, & Saphira takes on the BM Dragon.

E & D struggle in mid-air as they fall towards the ground:

Learning again from Brom, Eragon shoves his sword through Durza's heart:

Eragon says "that's for Brom!" & then ads "I expected more!"

And pulls out his sword (which is actually Za'roc, Brom's old sword that actually is Morzan's........who is Murtagh's dad......& someone else's dad too, but that's a cool twist you don't learn till almost the end of book 2.)

Durza dying (for real this time)
                            This is the best CG work they did all through it.

Now that Durza's been defeated, Eragon falls quicker. Luckily, Saphira catches up & saves his butt at the very last moment- right when you think he's gonna go splat for sure.

They crash land- an obvious partly CG (prob 90% CG- unless they had a great stunt guy being thrown in the air rather violently)- & Eragon goes to her side, offering to heal her- even though it may almost kill him. She tries to tell him not even he can bear enough magic to save them both. But he tries anyway.

He wakes some time later, with Murtagh at his side.
                            Eragon's first word is "Saphira?", & Murtagh says something along the lines of "some friends can't be replaced"- hinting that they've killed the central character [we all know it's all about Saphira not her rider ], & Eragon looks heartbroken. He turns away, only to look back at M a moment later, & he breaks his serious sad look, breaking into a smile.
                            Eragon looks towards the cave door, & Saphira lands. Eragon- grinning so big- hurries over to her, & she bends her head down so he can touch her. She says something, & he replies with "Wasn't it an old man who told me 'One part brave, three parts fool'?" (which, is my fav line in the book AND the movie- & is a ref to what Brom kept saying to Eragon)

Eragon then finds out Arya is on her way back to Ellesmera (her home- which is a change to the book; she leaves to go there with Eragon). He rides Saphira, & catches up with Arya. They talk- I was too busy realising that the orchestral piece playing in the background is the instrumental version of my fav song ("Once In Every Lifetime" by Jem).

They leave us with King Galbatorix pulling his sword out, & slashing rather angrily at his giant map. It tears down, revealling the giant head of a black dragon, who roars, & it fades to black.

Now, in the book it's known that Galbatorix has a dragon- the last one still alive (minus the three eggs he has- Saphira being one). However, it seemed as if they changed it so you DIDN'T know his dragon was still alive. (a dragon rider can live on without his/her dragon- Brom is an example- but when a rider dies, so does it's dragon. So G tries to kill Eragon- it's the easiest way of getting rid of both of them.)

Well, that's it.
                            Hope you enjoy it.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Beautiful caps!!! Thanks so much Would you mind if I put a few on my RC site, with credit of course? The link's in my sig if you want to check it out (under the spoiler).
                              sigpic

Comment

Time for *squee* Clickety!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X