Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the British folks in here...

The Unloved is showing on Channel 4 on Sunday at 9
    don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by telpethoniel View Post
      ROFL! yeah...I'm like 'what is it they can't understand?' have understood everything I've ever heard a Scotsman say then again...I do have some Scottish blood in me from way back...maybe it's that LOL
      I don't have any proble,s understanding his accent either
      don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
        I don't have any proble,s understanding his accent either
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
          I don't have any problems understanding his accent either
          well they say repetition is the best way to learn...maybe we all been listening to the sound of his voice too much LOL
          "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
          "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
          Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Slightly crazy RC anyone???

Spoiler tag for size:
            Spoiler:

He's under so much makeup & prosthetics, I nearly missed recognizing him in it- although I admit I watched Eragon (where that pic & the ones below are from) after I learnt he was in SG-Ewwww!

For the evil stare he's doing:

This one just lends itself to be captioned! (see below)

Showdown no 1 between Carlyle's Durza & the heart-throb Eragon (played by Ed Speelers- the other one standing)

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Spoiler:

More Carlyle from 'Eragon':

Trying to look evil/menacing:

You can have fun trying to come up with a caption for these two:

Showdown part 1- Durza vs Eragon

I think they screwed up the make-up here:

Durza/Carlyle in the Vid game:

I'd do my own caps of it- but I lent my copy to a friend to watch.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
                <snipped for length>
                I'd do my own caps of it- but I lent my copy to a friend to watch.
                Durza was the best thing about the movie IMO... but then I'm probably biased I was impressed that he was able to express so much craziness even under all that makeup etc (like you said, he was almost unrecognisable... what were the producers thinking?! ). I'd love to see caps if you get the chance

I'm bouncing today - I finally got around to ordering Dead Fish and it arrived yesterday I know it didn't get very good reviews, but how bad can it be with RC and Gary Oldman in it?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                  Durza was the best thing about the movie IMO... but then I'm probably biased I was impressed that he was able to express so much craziness even under all that makeup etc (like you said, he was almost unrecognisable... what were the producers thinking?! ). I'd love to see caps if you get the chance

I'm bouncing today - I finally got around to ordering Dead Fish and it arrived yesterday I know it didn't get very good reviews, but how bad can it be with RC and Gary Oldman in it?
                  I will try as soon as I get my DVD back.
                  I think Durza was the only part they actually kept so true to the book- everything else seemed to get changed.

Slightly OT
                  Spoiler:

The main reason I lent my dvd to my friend was cos I thought she'd like Ed Speleers who plays Eragon.

BUT- I was with her that day in a music/dvd/gaming store, & I pointed out the SGA DVD (I think it was the 1st Season one.....). I held it up & pointed to Shep saying "Do you think he's hot?" Her reaction? "Yes." SQUEEE!

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

I will try as soon as I get my DVD back.
                    I think Durza was the only part they actually kept so true to the book- everything else seemed to get changed.

Slightly OT
                    Spoiler:

The main reason I lent my dvd to my friend was cos I thought she'd like Ed Speleers who plays Eragon.

BUT- I was with her that day in a music/dvd/gaming store, & I pointed out the SGA DVD (I think it was the 1st Season one.....). I held it up & pointed to Shep saying "Do you think he's hot?" Her reaction? "Yes." SQUEEE!
                    I haven't read the books, but my son has and when they announced that RC would be playing Durza I happily volunteered to go see it with him

Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

I haven't read the books, but my son has and when they announced that RC would be playing Durza I happily volunteered to go see it with him

Spoiler:
                      They're amazing- I'm currently reading the third book.
                      May I ask how old your son is? The first two were quite big books- slightly longer than the longest HP book.

Spoiler:

I was sooo happy when she said she thought JF is hot.
                      And about 2 seconds later, I pointed to.....one of the other boys. And she turned her nose up at him.
                      And this came from a 19-y-o who thinks Rob Patterson, [one of the Supernatural dudes- I think Dean??? I don't watch it. I'd be able to ID him from a pic], & she used to like Daniel Radcliffe too, but I think he's off her list now.........

Anyway- I'm still happy she agreed with me on JF being hot! Yay!
                      Now all I need to do is convert her to being a SG fan............just need to find a way.......

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

They're amazing- I'm currently reading the third book.
                        May I ask how old your son is? The first two were quite big books- slightly longer than the longest HP book.

Spoiler:

I was sooo happy when she said she thought JF is hot.
                        And about 2 seconds later, I pointed to.....one of the other boys. And she turned her nose up at him.
                        And this came from a 19-y-o who thinks Rob Patterson, [one of the Supernatural dudes- I think Dean??? I don't watch it. I'd be able to ID him from a pic], & she used to like Daniel Radcliffe too, but I think he's off her list now.........

Anyway- I'm still happy she agreed with me on JF being hot! Yay!
                        Now all I need to do is convert her to being a SG fan............just need to find a way.......
                        Ahhh... this is the bit where I give away my age! LOL! My eldest is 18 His favourite RC movie is 51st State

Spoiler:
                        Don't tell me she turned up her nose at Ronon?!
                        sigpic

Comment

Ahhh... this is the bit where I give away my age! LOL! My eldest is 18 His favourite RC movie is 51st State

Spoiler:
                          Don't tell me she turned up her nose at Ronon?!
                          I honestly can't remember which season I picked up.
                          I need to take a squiz at my dvd covers........def one of the first 4 seasons, as that's all that's out atm in the Aussie shops.

Spoiler:
                          It was either Ronon, Ford, or Beckett- it just depends on the season.......which is the main part I'm missing! ahhhhh!

On more on topic news:
                          Spoiler:

Dvd of Eragon still with friend- she's been busy with Uni work, & hasn't found time to watch it yet. PROMISE I WILL GET SCREENCAPS!

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

*runs around in circles squeeing like a mad thing whilst throwing flowers at Andreas*

Click!
                            Last edited by Lahela; 10 June 2009, 06:53 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

hey guys...sorry I been out I've become rather Twilight obsessed + exams so been kinda distracted still been lurking every so often though
                              "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                              "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                              Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

*sigh* This waiting for pics is doing my head in! LOL!

But I've managed to cap a couple of RC's other recent appearances (Zig Zag Love and The Unloved) - the caps are on my site

Finally watched Dead Fish the other night too. RC was good It wasn't as awful as I was lead to believe - it fell a bit flat, and the premise was a big cliché but it was laugh-out-loud in a few places with lots of smirking in between.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X