Lucian Alliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    I am not sure they do still have it.. IIRC it was left behind in mobeus, and since that split an alternate time line off, am not sure it was recovered.
    Regardless, Atlantis is now on Earth, and I'm sure they'd be able to find some means of producing the power requirements for dialing Destiny and sending a jumper. It was after all the database on Atlantis where the 9 chevron address was found, and since we know that Atlantis was on Earth at the time it was launched there must have some way the Ancients had of dialing it once it was a significant distance from the MW otherwise why bother launching it at all? I'm thinking something like funneling the power grid of the entire US into Atlantis, plus the ZPMs "should" do it. They'd need to come up with a helluva cover story though, lol.

Comment

IIRC the only mention of the 9 address in atlantis was just that.. A mention.. not a full rundown. otherwise rush and co would have already known they were going to a ship hunting down the meaning of that signal..

And your idea of funneling the enitre planet's power into atlantis WITH the 3 ZPMs imo is still far shorter than what would be needed.. AND that is IF those ZPM's were at full power.

Comment

IIRC the only mention of the 9 address in atlantis was just that.. A mention.. not a full rundown. otherwise rush and co would have already known they were going to a ship hunting down the meaning of that signal..

And your idea of funneling the enitre planet's power into atlantis WITH the 3 ZPMs imo is still far shorter than what would be needed.. AND that is IF those ZPM's were at full power.
        You're assuming that 3 full ZPMs ain't enough to dial Destiny, but Atlantis was the only thing the Ancients had at the time with even a fraction of the power to dial in. So I'd have the since the ZPMs had been depleted a great deal in EATG, I'll concede we don't have 3 full ones. But if we could make more, or use the ones left plus another power source we could theoretically dial Destiny, yeah?

Comment

Also, consider this for a minute....when the nox came to the "rescue" of the Tollan, Nya opened the gate by waving her arms. The Asgard used a hand device to open using an 8 chevron address, and neither time did they cause the unstable vortex to form from the event horizon. As an ascended ancient, surely they have the power to dial a 9 chevron address with very little difficulty.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
            You're assuming that 3 full ZPMs ain't enough to dial Destiny, but Atlantis was the only thing the Ancients had at the time with even a fraction of the power to dial in. So I'd have the since the ZPMs had been depleted a great deal in EATG, I'll concede we don't have 3 full ones. But if we could make more, or use the ones left plus another power source we could theoretically dial Destiny, yeah?
            Actually NO.. I still don't see a fully charged Atlantis being able to dial the destiny. Its not just the sheer amount of power needed, but what can be provided at that specific time.

Also, consider this for a minute....when the nox came to the "rescue" of the Tollan, Nya opened the gate by waving her arms. The Asgard used a hand device to open using an 8 chevron address, and neither time did they cause the unstable vortex to form from the event horizon. As an ascended ancient, surely they have the power to dial a 9 chevron address with very little difficulty.
            We have not seen the nox since they shut themselves off after our endevors with the tolan. The Asgard are all dead, so unless carter can find out what was used to DIAL that 8 cheveron addy when Oneil went there in "5th race" that's out.
            And Ancients have that pesky non interference rule which would INCLUDE helping us gate to the destiny...

Comment

We have not seen the nox since they shut themselves off after our endevors with the tolan. The Asgard are all dead, so unless carter can find out what was used to DIAL that 8 cheveron addy when Oneil went there in "5th race" that's out. And Ancients have that pesky non interference rule which would INCLUDE helping us gate to the destiny...
              Yeah, but there are Ancients that live outside the rules, Oma for example. Have you forgotten about Merlin who gave his ascension to destroy the Ori, and let's not leave out Ganos Lal who saved Teal'c on Celestis.

Comment

I always thought that it needed naquadria to open and that was there as a safeguard.

If it was just case of pure power I'm sure Carter could have found numerous sources of power in the Asgard database that would have done the trick.

Comment

Maybe its a massive amount of power only the unstable naquadriah can provide. All other power sources while potent, provide a consistent 'stable' power..

Comment

Maybe its a massive amount of power only the unstable naquadriah can provide. All other power sources while potent, provide a consistent 'stable' power..
                    The ancients wouldn't have launched Destiny if they didn't have some way of boarding it later on. They must have had some means of dialing it. Unless, the only significance of a 9 chevron address is that fact it has no fixed point in space, i.e. constantly changing.

Comment

The ancients wouldn't have launched Destiny if they didn't have some way of boarding it later on. They must have had some means of dialing it. Unless, the only significance of a 9 chevron address is that fact it has no fixed point in space, i.e. constantly changing.
                      Maybe that's WHY the Icarus planet was set up, to gate to the destiny.
                      BUT by the time the ancients felt it had enough info on that signal, they had all ascended (or died off)..

Comment

Maybe that's WHY the Icarus planet was set up, to gate to the destiny.
                        BUT by the time the ancients felt it had enough info on that signal, they had all ascended (or died off)..
                        You're forgetting one thing. The icarus planet had a power core based on naquadria which was made by a goa'uld. The goa'uld didn't come to power until long after the ancients had died off or ascended.

Comment

As far as we know only Kewlona was artificially made that way..

Comment

As far as we know only Kewlona was artificially made that way..
                            According to Jonas, who had worked with the stuff longer than anybody on Earth, naquadria was a variation of naqadah. It wasn't a naturally occurring substance. He even says that if Kelowna hadn't started mining the stuff and/or set of the bomb that it would've decayed back into nahadah.

Comment

I believe all naquadria is artificially made.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                                I believe all naquadria is artificially made.
                                exactly

Comment

Working...
                                X