Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Destiny's mission is a pipe dream for Rush and Earth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by destiny khan View Post
    I agree... the mission of destiny can be done better and quicker... make a ship with asgard hyperdrives(the ones which asgard used and not the ones which were on daedlus).. the speed calculated by me is atleast 240 light years/second(it travelled with prometheus in tow, for 5 seconds over 1200 light years)... that makes about 48 days for 1 billion light years... which also means you can pretty much travel to any place in the universe... equip this ship with stasis pods and asgard weapons and shields for protection... equip it with ancient database and asgard database in the asgard core(to counter problems on the fly with the asgard tech of manufacturing anything from simple energy)... and just go to anyplace you want... there is no need for super slow destiny...

this too is not needed as the ancient and asgard database is enough... ascension took destiny out of the equation for ancients...
    Asgard FTL was mad hax, and although canonical since proved sufficiently, I believe the fatests speeds were only allowed by use of some trick. Options are :

- Extremely super über precise and up to date star charts down to the microsecond.
    - Hyperspace boosters, perhaps radio cloaked, or full EMR cloaked, or even stuck out of phase or in hyperspace.
    - Hyperspace lanes, some massive shorcuts or fast current streams, perhaps artificially "dug" in the fabric of the universe, and only used for emergency since they might pose a grave danger to the stability of space when overtaxed.
    - Hyperdrives coupled to some kind of watered down wormhole caster.
    - Another advanced FTL system, perhaps some kind of warp. It is interesting to note that the trip that covered something like 1200 LY under 3 seconds didn't feature any typical wormhole or hyperspace tunnel.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
      Asgard FTL was mad hax, and although canonical since proved sufficiently, I believe the fatests speeds were only allowed by use of some trick. Options are :

- Extremely super über precise and up to date star charts down to the microsecond.
      - Hyperspace boosters, perhaps radio cloaked, or full EMR cloaked, or even stuck out of phase or in hyperspace.
      - Hyperspace lanes, some massive shorcuts or fast current streams, perhaps artificially "dug" in the fabric of the universe, and only used for emergency since they might pose a grave danger to the stability of space when overtaxed.
      - Hyperdrives coupled to some kind of watered down wormhole caster.
      - Another advanced FTL system, perhaps some kind of warp. It is interesting to note that the trip that covered something like 1200 LY under 3 seconds didn't feature any typical wormhole or hyperspace tunnel.
      yes that trip didn't show any sort of hyperspace window opening? maybe they did that tech in battlestar galacticca? bending space between two points that it is virtually zero(the art of moving without moving like in dune)... but they never showed anything other than hyperdrives for interstellar or intergalactic travel other than the wormhole drive or the ftl engines of destiny... and the only shortcuts that i have seen were the slipstream in andromeda series... anyhow, asgard hyperdrives ftw...

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        2/5ths through the story??
        No clear mission??
        Gimmie a break, movies do it in 3 hours, let alone 30
        But we waited for 15 seasons of SG-1 and SGA just to find out what the 9th chevron did.

Don't you realise that the entire Stargate franchise was based upon dragging things out for as long as possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
          But we waited for 15 seasons of SG-1 and SGA just to find out what the 9th chevron did.

Don't you realise that the entire Stargate franchise was based upon dragging things out for as long as possible?
          I never waited 7 seasons to find out about the 8th chevron, it was just an added element, nor did I wait 5 seasons of SGA to find out about the 9th chevron, that too was just an added element.

Do you honestly believe that when SG-1 started, Brad Wright and Jonathan Glassner were thinking about SGA, let alone SGU??
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

No it wasn't an added element. You can clearly see them on the SG-1 gate. They'd been there all the time. Ok the producers probably didn't know what to use them for at the time but they almost certainly had a plan to use them eventually.

Same goes for the destiny mission.

Comment

I think the argument still stands: there IS an 9th chevron on the gates and has been since the beginning but I don't believe they planned to go ten entire seasons of SG-1 without using it. They just didn't have a writer who came up with a good enough plot-line.

Comment

No it wasn't an added element. You can clearly see them on the SG-1 gate. They'd been there all the time. Ok the producers probably didn't know what to use them for at the time but they almost certainly had a plan to use them eventually.

Same goes for the destiny mission.
                Brad and John did not design the gate though, did they?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                  I think the argument still stands: there IS an 9th chevron on the gates and has been since the beginning but I don't believe they planned to go ten entire seasons of SG-1 without using it. They just didn't have a writer who came up with a good enough plot-line.
                  No but they clearly planned to keep us watching by adding mystery to certain elements of the show such as the 9th chevron. Don't forget they introduced us to chevron 8 quite quickly so we were naturally going to start wanting to know about chevron 9.

Brad and John did not design the gate though, did they?
                  Not when it came to drawing the plans for it no I doubt they did. They would however have direct input into the specifications for it with the person who was designing it.

Comment

No but they clearly planned to keep us watching by adding mystery to certain elements of the show such as the 9th chevron. Don't forget they introduced us to chevron 8 quite quickly so we were naturally going to start wanting to know about chevron 9.
                    We see it first in "the fifth race", but after that we don't hear much about it until SGA.

Not when it came to drawing the plans for it no I doubt they did. They would however have direct input into the specifications for it with the person who was designing it.
                    No, they would have had NO input whatsoever as the Stargate had 9 Chevrons in the original movie, the movie they had nothing to do with.
                    sigpic

Comment

We see it first in "the fifth race", but after that we don't hear much about it until SGA.
                      So they didn't back to a parallel world with a parallel carter, dial the 8th chevron and get the asguard to rescue parallel earth?

Erm seems you have a slight memory slip.

Comment

No, they would have had NO input whatsoever as the Stargate had 9 Chevrons in the original movie, the movie they had nothing to do with.
                        Even better because someone somewhere clearly DID have an idea that there would be a future for stargate and the 9th chevron!

Comment

Even better because someone somewhere clearly DID have an idea that there would be a future for stargate and the 9th chevron!
                          Actually no.

The reason is that with 9 chevrons, the normally used 7 chevrons can be neatly above ground with a single center chevron at the top. the 8th and 9th being buried

Comment

So they didn't back to a parallel world with a parallel carter, dial the 8th chevron and get the asguard to rescue parallel earth?

Erm seems you have a slight memory slip.
                            I said "not much" not "never"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by destiny khan View Post
                              I agree... the mission of destiny can be done better and quicker... make a ship with asgard hyperdrives(the ones which asgard used and not the ones which were on daedlus).. the speed calculated by me is atleast 240 light years/second(it travelled with prometheus in tow, for 5 seconds over 1200 light years)... that makes about 48 days for 1 billion light years... which also means you can pretty much travel to any place in the universe... equip this ship with stasis pods and asgard weapons and shields for protection... equip it with ancient database and asgard database in the asgard core(to counter problems on the fly with the asgard tech of manufacturing anything from simple energy)... and just go to anyplace you want... there is no need for super slow destiny...

this too is not needed as the ancient and asgard database is enough... ascension took destiny out of the equation for ancients...
                              Who's to say that a ship in hyperpsace can still tap into the CMBR the way destiny can while in FTL? Also maybe back in the day when it was made, hyperdrives had yet to be made?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                Who's to say that a ship in hyperpsace can still tap into the CMBR the way destiny can while in FTL? Also maybe back in the day when it was made, hyperdrives had yet to be made?
                                That is a very good point.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X