No announcement yet.

Asgard Hyperdrive can reach Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I have read the Ancients that left the Ori galaxy, traveled a very long distance in order to keep the Ori from discovering their whereabouts. It wasn't until Daniel Jackson and Vala had used the stones that the Ori could locate where the ancients went.

As far as the wormhole the size of the gate doesn't matter. This was explained in one episode of SG1. What matters is if the object can pass through the receiving gate. ie., An Ori ship could not pass through a regular Star Gate as it would be destroyed up on reconstruction. A normal person however could, although the super gates are space based and would require the use of a space suit. It would be as easier as a planet based gate, but it does provide an alternative.
    Just by establishing a connection all of destiny's travel logs could be transfered to earth giving them gate addresses and allowing a galaxy by galaxy hop, perhaps even getting help from the Ori Priors to construct super gates along the way.

Comment

Assuming that their building OF the super gates was not just done BY the ori themselves through the priors..

Comment

Waypoints.

One of the first things to happen when the apple core was accessed was a map of Destiny's travels to date, Start from Pegasus which iirc is 2-3 galaxies along Destiny's flight path.

Extrapolate the best places and most efficient travel routes to leave hyperspace and re-plot the next leg of the journey by using the Asgard long range plotting program (9x01).

Then depending on availability of powersource, strength/type or powersource, speed of hyperdrive and obvious practicality of such a venture and thats the whiteboard filled, save SAVE !!

N.C

Comment

The ori supergate still requires power, and "our" supergate appears to be the dummy gate (the Ori galaxy gate seems to be the powering one).

I think that's out of the question.

By the way: a ZPM can power the connection. It would be a very quick waste of ZPM energy and i do not see why it would ever be authorized when it's far better off powering Atlantis and the Outpost, and our Odyssey.

also, an asgard hyperdrive CAN reach the Destiny. It would be one hell of a journey, one that would likely take years (3 million lightyears in 4 days. 3 billion lightyears in 4000 days (or 10 years?) or more.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            The ori supergate still requires power, and "our" supergate appears to be the dummy gate (the Ori galaxy gate seems to be the powering one).

I think that's out of the question.

By the way: a ZPM can power the connection. It would be a very quick waste of ZPM energy and i do not see why it would ever be authorized when it's far better off powering Atlantis and the Outpost, and our Odyssey.

also, an asgard hyperdrive CAN reach the Destiny. It would be one hell of a journey, one that would likely take years (3 million lightyears in 4 days. 3 billion lightyears in 4000 days (or 10 years?) or more.
            we do not exactly know how far destiny is.. it could be 2 billion light years or 20.. there is no way to know that... but it can be reached... i have calculated that an asgard mothership could travel at 240 light years/second atleast(it is actually far quicker)... and considering that a billion light years would take about 48 days... that is also why i believe that the asgards have travelled the whole universe or was it a blunder by the writers to show them this quick and then retract that statement by making Daedalus travel in 3-4 days to atlantis with a zpm?

Comment

was it a blunder by the writers to show them this quick
              they probably realized the implications and regretted it.

As i said, it's not a matter of whether it CAN be reached but rather what kind of mission has to be sent to make it possible. For all we know it'll take years.

have calculated that an asgard mothership could travel at 240 light years/second atleast(
              where did you get this figure from?

Comment

Originally posted by Bladed View Post
                What I don't get is why everyone keeps going on about finding another Icarus world, wormhole drive, etc.. There is already technology in place that can safely dial Destiny's gate.

The Ori Super Gate. It is powered by a quantuum Singularity, which provides far more power than an Icarus world ever could. Consider that the Ori came from a galaxy many times the distance of the Pegasus Galaxy possibly as far as Destiny itself is from the Milky Way.
                I think this is worth a shot at least. There is an episode where the Ori supergate is connected to from a gate in Pegasus and i seem to remember them needing 3x as much power to connect an outgoing wormhole from a regular gate to a supergate to compensate for the size, so it's quite possible going in the other direction could take a lot less power for a supergate to connect to a regular gate and so increase the range at which it could connect.

The power only came from the other side while the gate was being created. It is now powered from the MW side from the singularity created when the planet was destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by destiny khan View Post
                  we do not exactly know how far destiny is.. it could be 2 billion light years or 20.. there is no way to know that... but it can be reached... i have calculated that an asgard mothership could travel at 240 light years/second atleast(it is actually far quicker)... and considering that a billion light years would take about 48 days...
                  Is this estimation based on the speed at which they travel between the Ida and Milky Way galaxies? If so, how can you do that if we don't have definitive information on the distance between said galaxies? If this is based on the 4 million light year distance of replicator infested galaxy from "Enemies," I would point out that we don't have solid confirmation that that was the Asgard's home galaxy. Given that they're an intergalactic species and Thor has been said to have been off in a galaxy besides Ida and the Milky Way before, we have no way of knowing if the Ida galaxy was the only one to have been infested at that point in time.

that is also why i believe that the asgards have travelled the whole universe or was it a blunder by the writers to show them this quick and then retract that statement by making Daedalus travel in 3-4 days to atlantis with a zpm?
                  To be precise, the issue isn't so much the Daedalus' travel speed with a ZPM as the Daedalus wasn't built to properly channel that much ZPM power. So there is going to be a limit to how much of a benefit it can get from the superior power source. The issue is that there was a reference to an actual Asgard built ship ferrying people from Earth to Atlantis at one point and the dialogue indicated it would take about as long as a ZPM powered 304 for them to make the trip with their power source and their methods for transferring power.

So, yeah, they seemed to have either intentionally slowed them down because they realized that they had gone too far in the past or what we saw on screen didn't match up with what they had in mind. Meaning, it may have serviced the plot for them to have the Asgard to appear at point X at just the right time and they didn't consider the technical ramifications of doing that. So basically, it could be like with the new Star Trek movie and how a minute and a half passes on screen with no significant cut to indicate a passage of time between the Enterprise leaving the Klingon homeworld and dropping out next to Earth. They just wanted to get the Enterprise from point A to point B and weren't necessarily trying to say that travel time between those two locations was so quick... which is par for the course for Star Trek; they love to depict their ships traveling to locations at whatever speed the plot demands, but when they actually provide real figures in dialogue, we see that it doesn't match up with what we saw on screen. So that may have been what occurred here.

Comment

. Meaning, it may have serviced the plot for them to have the Asgard to appear at point X at just the right time and they didn't consider the technical ramifications of doing that.
                    well i don't recall the asgard directly showing up from their own galaxy. Stargates + a spare ship in the Milkyway would do a lot of good for fast travel.

Comment

they probably realized the implications and regretted it.

As i said, it's not a matter of whether it CAN be reached but rather what kind of mission has to be sent to make it possible. For all we know it'll take years.

where did you get this figure from?
                      did i tell you that it is a conservative figure? it is much faster than that... i am an expert on stargate and have watched it so many times that i know the full capabilites of the tech shown... anyways, this figure was easy as it was shown...

in sg-1 season 6 in the episode "unnatural selection"(episode 12)... prometheus was "kidnapped" and taken into hyperspace... carter calculated that they were 1200 light years from earth and suddenly thor emerges and "tows" them back to earth in the blink of an eye(it might be 3 seconds but i still was conservative and took it as 5 seconds)... now do the math it is 240 light years/sec and thor later mentioned that it would takes "several hours" to get to asgard home galaxy due to the tow and that means he expected it to be in a couple of hours or less in normal circumstances... that galaxy is "over" 4 million light years away(furthur away than even pegasus) according to jacob carter at the end of season4 finale(the supernova incident).. now it would take several "hours" to get there and not 4 or more days like a zpm powered daedalus could do(stands to reason that the intergalactic hyperdrives of asgards ships were far better than anything they ever gave us or maybe they gave it in the end to odyssey)... these several hours would have been even less if promethues was not in tow(according to thor)... which means it is far quicker than even 240 light years/second but lets not go that far.. even with this speed you reach the asgard galaxy in 4.5 hours and pegasus to even less than that... neither the ancient star drive or hyperdrive was shown to be this quick nor anyone else... with that speed you can literally explore the entire universe within a damn decade and that is why i believe that the writers changed their minds about the asgard hyperdrive speeds in the end so they made our ships, with their drives a lot slower(well respectively)... they did that to show that the ancient star drive was better than the asgards? that i say because when atlantis got lost after the replicator attack at the end of season 3(SGA), carter stated it to colonel ellis that atlantis should have beaten them while reaching the destination planet... or maybe they just changed their minds because it is just too damn quick.. but if not then a simple explanation is that the intergalactic hyperdrives weren't the best that we were given... but after getting the asgard core, we would have that knowledge or maybe odyssey was given that fastest drive... all speculation but writers showed it like that and that means an earth ship can go that far to destiny(atleast an asgard ship can)...

but it is all bull and people fight over cannon like it is logical but it is not... just look at the pilot of SGU... we had unbelivably powerful plasma beam weapons but we were not using them when puny lucian alliance hataks attacked(i mean you can literally rip apart that ship with just one shot) and our ship was shown to be fighting with rail guns but the battle should have been over in under one minute(just as stupid as ancients losing to wraith)... then they showed "hammond" travel 21 light years(icarus planet) in a long long long time which was long enough for eli to go over all those daniel jackson tapes and even have lunch and chat with chloe and chat with his mon... our hyperdrives(without zpms) are about 1.65 light years/sec(3 million light years to pegasus in 3 weeks) which makes it about 12 second journey... so the thing is that the writers are not concerned about science but only about the story as for me these blunders are unforgivable(i have a foolproof way of manufacturing zpms which could have been applied in season 2 of SGA/season9 of sg-1 easily using common sense and asgard beam tech or at the very least after we got the asgard computer core)...

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                        Is this estimation based on the speed at which they travel between the Ida and Milky Way galaxies? If so, how can you do that if we don't have definitive information on the distance between said galaxies? If this is based on the 4 million light year distance of replicator infested galaxy from "Enemies," I would point out that we don't have solid confirmation that that was the Asgard's home galaxy. Given that they're an intergalactic species and Thor has been said to have been off in a galaxy besides Ida and the Milky Way before, we have no way of knowing if the Ida galaxy was the only one to have been infested at that point in time.

To be precise, the issue isn't so much the Daedalus' travel speed with a ZPM as the Daedalus wasn't built to properly channel that much ZPM power. So there is going to be a limit to how much of a benefit it can get from the superior power source. The issue is that there was a reference to an actual Asgard built ship ferrying people from Earth to Atlantis at one point and the dialogue indicated it would take about as long as a ZPM powered 304 for them to make the trip with their power source and their methods for transferring power.

So, yeah, they seemed to have either intentionally slowed them down because they realized that they had gone too far in the past or what we saw on screen didn't match up with what they had in mind. Meaning, it may have serviced the plot for them to have the Asgard to appear at point X at just the right time and they didn't consider the technical ramifications of doing that. So basically, it could be like with the new Star Trek movie and how a minute and a half passes on screen with no significant cut to indicate a passage of time between the Enterprise leaving the Klingon homeworld and dropping out next to Earth. They just wanted to get the Enterprise from point A to point B and weren't necessarily trying to say that travel time between those two locations was so quick... which is par for the course for Star Trek; they love to depict their ships traveling to locations at whatever speed the plot demands, but when they actually provide real figures in dialogue, we see that it doesn't match up with what we saw on screen. So that may have been what occurred here.
                        read my above comment for all the calculation and speculation... seaon4 finale was a pretty much conclusive show of the thing that it was the asgard galaxy as it was "never" mentioned that the replicators were in any other galaxy than the asgard galaxy and that the asgard inhabited multiple ones... that incident in season 6 of sg-1 is the ONLY realtime and proper evidence of the actual speed of the asgard hyperdrive... it could be the naquadah power source not capable of powering them properly(it is as a zpm gets them a lot faster) and as you said that ship just cannot handle that much(yes it is a tiny ship as everyone has huge ships and we have the tiniest ships)... everything else can be chalked up to speculation but time it yourself in that episode, and that is slow as thor said the towing of promethues made his ship slower by many times... there is no proper evidence of anything else as asgard's galaxy is fictional and only pegasus is a real galaxy and as you have mentioned the SGA dialogue then it could suggest that the writers could have slowed them down a bit to make it more "Real" comparatively... but i don't care about that as the writers never told it and as i said in the above post, i chose to believe that either we did not get the latest intergalactic drives or the asgard power source of the neutrino ion generators are much much more compatible with their drives... this is the case of writers pulling stuff out of their asses really... no way(logically) ancients could have lost from the wraith(even with the clone wraith army)

before i forget... another example is of early seasons of sg1(season 3 ep6)... the real time was not shown but it surely felt like minutes... alternate reality carter went to the asgard galaxy and see how quickly the asgard came to earth... believe me when i say that the 240 light years/sec is really really conservative as it should be many times faster than even that...
                        Last edited by destiny khan; 23 January 2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

read my above comment for all the calculation and speculation
                          first:

for god's sake please use normal punctuation.

Secondly:

All the "superfast" cases rely on scene timing. The asgard towing the prometheus back is based on scene timing and even the tiniest change drastically changes the figure. The Asgard from the Alternate Timeline assumes they came from their galaxy and did not have a ship in the milky way. Same for just about any "Thor shows up fast" case.

I am not saying it's not possible: it is. It's just not the most solid proof, and the 3 Ly's per second thing (i believe that's 3M lightyears / 4 days) is far more solid as it's actually mentioned.

Still, as i said before: it's not a matter of range. Even Anubis' drives can reach Destiny and even Wraith drives can reach Destiny. It's a matter of time and how much resources have to be committed to mount a rescue mission. I firmly believe they went for Icarus planets because of the relative convenience, not because it was the only way. A ZPM should full-well be able to dial Destiny, it just a very easy way to waste ZPM's. And sending a mission to destiny will still require 200+ people to be put on the employee list, with according hazard pay. And lastly, Destiny has to be actually found which ironically would probably be the hardest thing to do, especially without alerting anyone else.

but it is all bull and people fight over cannon like it is logical but it is not... just look at the pilot of SGU... we had unbelivably powerful plasma beam weapons but we were not using them when puny lucian alliance hataks attacked(i mean you can literally rip apart that ship with just one shot) and our ship was shown to be fighting with rail guns but the battle should have been over in under one minute(just as stupid as ancients losing to wraith)
                          That completely and totally assumes it was at full capacity. For all we know it was freshly launched or awaiting major components from the new Computer Core to be fully functional. Ferrying people back and forth between Earth and a planet within spitting distance would not have required extensive battle-ready ships.

Again, it was just introduced to us in EATG and not used in the episode which suggests it wasn't even remotely ready to fight a ship.

(just as stupid as ancients losing to wraith).
                          There's an entire thread in the SGA subforum about this. Spoilers: what we can say with certainty about the entire Wraith war is shockingly little. For a show where this is basically the entire major set-up for the entire premise and the main plot machine (different from a plot device) we get told a laughably little amount about it.

For instance, the keepers who supposedly maintained the Wraith fleet are never seen again after "rising" and what went on in the war for some 90+ of the 100 years is completely unknown. Besides a few tidbits and some references the war is basically a large question mark.
                          Last edited by thekillman; 23 January 2014, 11:58 AM.

Comment

first:

for god's sake please use normal punctuation.

Secondly:

All the "superfast" cases rely on scene timing. The asgard towing the prometheus back is based on scene timing and even the tiniest change drastically changes the figure. The Asgard from the Alternate Timeline assumes they came from their galaxy and did not have a ship in the milky way. Same for just about any "Thor shows up fast" case.

I am not saying it's not possible: it is. It's just not the most solid proof, and the 3 Ly's per second thing (i believe that's 3M lightyears / 4 days) is far more solid as it's actually mentioned.

Still, as i said before: it's not a matter of range. Even Anubis' drives can reach Destiny and even Wraith drives can reach Destiny. It's a matter of time and how much resources have to be committed to mount a rescue mission. I firmly believe they went for Icarus planets because of the relative convenience, not because it was the only way. A ZPM should full-well be able to dial Destiny, it just a very easy way to waste ZPM's. And sending a mission to destiny will still require 200+ people to be put on the employee list, with according hazard pay. And lastly, Destiny has to be actually found which ironically would probably be the hardest thing to do, especially without alerting anyone else.

That completely and totally assumes it was at full capacity. For all we know it was freshly launched or awaiting major components from the new Computer Core to be fully functional. Ferrying people back and forth between Earth and a planet within spitting distance would not have required extensive battle-ready ships.

Again, it was just introduced to us in EATG and not used in the episode which suggests it wasn't even remotely ready to fight a ship.

There's an entire thread in the SGA subforum about this. Spoilers: what we can say with certainty about the entire Wraith war is shockingly little. For a show where this is basically the entire major set-up for the entire premise and the main plot machine (different from a plot device) we get told a laughably little amount about it.

For instance, the keepers who supposedly maintained the Wraith fleet are never seen again after "rising" and what went on in the war for some 90+ of the 100 years is completely unknown. Besides a few tidbits and some references the war is basically a large question mark.
                            I understand about the punctuation but it is my 5th or 6th language so take it easy on that front.

The "scene timing" thing might be inaccurate and could change the figure drastically if it is slightly off but not by much. I made it out to be 240 light years/second and i overdid the time so that this figure was the least possible, keeping in mind that it is towing the ship and is supposedly faster. In the other instances, thor showing up a lot quicker might be due to the asgards being close. I can accept that explanation but it does not mean the speed figure is wrong. The most plausible explanation is that the writers showed them to be that quick for the shock and awe of the unbelievable superiority that the asgards have over the goauld and humans in terms of tech and intelligence. They changed it to 1 million light year per week for us and 1 million light year per day? for a zpm charged ship(i think it reached atlantis quicker than the 4 days which was estimated time).

In a previous post in this thread, i think i mentioned that it is impossible to locate destiny. There is just no way of knowing where destiny is as there is no computer link other than ancient stone communication. But these stones can only transfer conciousness and i don't think they would be able to do data and even it could then it would require someone of ancient level of knowledge and intelligence. But there is a way though if you really try and be creative and resourceful(same way you can build unlimited amounts of zpms with the use of asgard core and modified beam tech which materializes anything you feed into it). Earth now had the memory device that sg-1 got in season 9 episode 12 collateral damage. Have someone observe the visual path of destiny and also the data and just use the stones after that and extract the info back on earth. Ofcourse a conscious mind might not be able to remember that much detail but it would be completely intact in the subconscious mind and an asgard core can do the rest.

The technology shown in stargate is just unbelievable and "if" used properly, they could have developed some pretty incredible things. But it was a matter of being creative by the writers as they shown immense tech and it was never used so that everything does not become too easy for the protagonists. Things from sarcophagus to krull warrior's armor, could have easily been developed(it cannot be more sophisticated than the hyperdrives and the likes). Something like and iron man suit is far more possible in a stargate universe(perfectly possible and actually easy). A trinium alloy exo skeleton with naquadah power source and even shield/intertial dampner capabilities is very much possible. They have the asgard core which is supposedly user friendly and can even make unbeatable replicators and what not even if humans are programmers. But the writers will never use that as it would give too much power to the heroes of the story. A single sarcophagus can literally change the KIA personnel percentage down to 10% or even zero. I have seen the series so much that i can see thousands of such possibilities and they occur multiple times in each episode.

Coming to wraith beating ancients, it is pretty much well known how they were beaten. They have chalked it up to mostly "huge" numbers and what not. I can accept losing colonies after colonies until atlantis remains. But we have to see the logical facts too. Ancients were far far superior physical specimen and more intelligent too(by some mega margin). They are all shown to be passive so maybe they might not be great warrior but i don't know how a wraith could beat a couple of ancients with telekinesis. I mean two ancients with such capabilites should be able to take down entire hive ships(i assume not everyone had every ability that ancients could conjure up). There are many arguments like that but lets assume that it all happened but still the wraith prevailed as nothing much is known about the war. But we know ONE thing for a fact, THE SIEGE. I just cannot understand that a species with 4 figure IQ, could possibly land a starship/city in a time of war and as the database showed it to be 'wave after wave' then how come they did not make the city airborne inbetween those waves? hit and run type of attacks would have been the best option if only the city remained and the mega superiority of ancient weapons should have made those easy(unbeatable shields too). They are the ancients(raising my hand in awe of them like wier did in the pilot). In a hundred years of war they forgot to understand how to make a weapon other than their beloved old drones. Why didn't atlantis have beam weapons, which could cut through wraith ships like butter and never run out? and as a matter of fact why couldn't the earth people install some plasma beam weapon on atlantis? we can manufacture them and with zpms there should not be a problem for the city to have them. One explanation of losing the war could be the most plausible. The ancients were so evolved that they were ascending left and right and losing huge amount of their numbers(hard to imagine them giving up on the normal humans that lived in the galaxy). Due to constantly "Evolving" lower numbers, they lost and could not protect the normal humans and whosoever remained gave up hope and went back to earth to ascend.

Humans are pretty much afraid of nanites but they were still developing them for medical uses. But using them to repair ships is far far far easier which was never thought of EVER. In the series andromeda it was a normal thing to use but in stargate it was just never used. I just thought to mention this as i am ranting right now, on whatever that comes to mind so i might have lost some coherency but my point is that the writers are just not creative enough and they are too afraid to rely too much on tech that makes life easier as they want it to be hard. If it gets easier then the villains have to be too powerful and so on and so forth. But i don't like how they change stuff. In the sgu pilot, no use of beam weapons and then traveling 21 light years in hours or a day did not look good to me as their canon changes all the time.

Comment

The "scene timing" thing might be inaccurate and could change the figure drastically if it is slightly off but not by much. I made it out to be 240 light years/second and i overdid the time so that this figure was the least possible, keeping in mind that it is towing the ship and is supposedly faster
                              but you assumed a time, that's the point.

[QUOTE I can accept that explanation but it does not mean the speed figure is wrong. The most plausible explanation is that the writers showed them to be that quick for the shock and awe of the unbelievable superiority that the asgards have over the goauld and humans in terms of tech and intelligence[/QUOTE]
                              Actually, if it´s just one case then it´s safer to assume that episode is wrong.

And yes, that shock and awe is what the Asgard were about. Later on in Stargate they become a second "shock and awe" but now for the Ancients as a kind of "woo ancients" effect. Which was BS but hey, it's the least of our worries i think.

There is just no way of knowing where destiny is as there is no computer link other than ancient stone communication.
                              Actually that doesn't matter. There's a universe-sized pointer aiming at Destiny in the form of millions and millions of stargates.

It does pose a problem in that the shortest way to Destiny is a straight line whereas the Gate Chain isn't. So either the ship we send has to track it's exact course and be on it's way for much longer or it can fly in a straight line and then try to pick up Destiny's trail.

The memory device and other manipulations are not really needed: put the Stones next to the hologram, and have 5 people memorize sequences of the map. From Earth's POV it shouldn't be too hard to conjure a rough map as people switch for every few minutes. Perhaps using Asgard sensors or just regular earth sensors we can figure out the route for a big part.

The trickiest is not flying across the universe but rather the very final part: to locate Destiny exactly it would probably require a very powerful signal to be sent omnidirectionally, which means that entire galaxies might be made aware of it's presence.

. Things from sarcophagus to krull warrior's armor, could have easily been developed(it cannot be more sophisticated than the hyperdrives and the likes).
                              That is a pretty big assumption. When we reverse-engineered the kull armor all we got is a slightly better armor plate.

I have seen the series so much that i can see thousands of such possibilities and they occur multiple times in each episode.
                              Most of the time it's not that bad. The Asgard core is the ultimate cop-out yes and i'd love to see Atlantis and the Odyssey be blown up ASAP.

Coming to wraith beating ancients, it is pretty much well known how they were beaten.
                              I wasn't taking about *how* they were beaten. I'm taking about what actually happened during the war. Hell, what you name now ("how they were beaten") is only ever said by characters. What kind of numbers we're talking about is just pure guessing.

Ancients were far far superior physical specimen and more intelligent too(by some mega margin).
                              recently fed Wraith seem a fair match for such ancients. Intellect for the Wraith scales with numbers, it seems.

hit and run type of attacks would have been the best option if only the city remained
                              In "First Strike" 1 ZPM can't get the city+shield in the air. In fact, in general having the city in space seems to drain disproportionally much energy. The thing is, it's first and foremost a City. Atlantis wasn't even remotely built to be a Ship and if the writers had said that the Ancients simply strapped engines to the first city they came across, i'd believe it.

Hit and run with a cityship is a sure way to deplete ZPM's REALLY fast.

. Why didn't atlantis have beam weapons, which could cut through wraith ships like butter and never run out
                              Given the extreme scarcity of the satellite weapon, it's likely a late-war invention.

In a hundred years of war they forgot to understand how to make a weapon other than their beloved old drones.
                              it was likely the most effective weapon they had (untill the satellite weapon)

and as a matter of fact why couldn't the earth people install some plasma beam weapon on atlantis?
                              Probably a lack of Neutronium, the base material of all asgard tech. Putting them on the 304's likely was a priority.

One explanation of losing the war could be the most plausible.
                              I don't really want to drag this further offtopic, but there's an entire thread on this.

But using them to repair ships is far far far easier which was never thought of EVER.
                              I am sorry but please no nanite BS again. Breaking down ships atom-by-atom and then re-arranging those atoms and placing them back is just about the most stupid, time-consuming, energy-consuming, data-consuming idiocy ever invented on these forum boards.
                              Not that you invented that, i see the concept of nanites getting abused on more fronts (like someone proposing to make an entire island using nanites).

(same way you can build unlimited amounts of zpms with the use of asgard core and modified beam tech which materializes anything you feed into it).
                              This is again BS.

The core rule is Conservation of Energy which means that the Core would only ever be able to lose energy, not gain more. Making ZPM's would require more energy than the ZPM produced will generate.

It also assumes the Core can make whatever complex, exotic dimensional portal and micro-universe is inside a ZPM which i strongly doubt. Beaming the empty husk that connects to the micro universe is one thing, making the microverse itself is another.

Comment

okay a zpm is powered by vaccum energy which is not like a battery with energy ON all the time. It does not store energy in the normal sense as vaccuum energy is a different prospect. It is more a machine than a battery. It won't be energy spent>energy gained or whatever. My logic is considering the logic of the stargate universe. It will not make empty husks.. no way... that was proven when zpm was beamed from one place to another. This states that the computer handling could easily understand the base structure and convert it into energy and rematerialized it just the way it was before. The beam tech can handle it and did not beam an empty husk so all is required is an asgard core to rematerialize it using energy. If beaming tech can handle it then it can be produced so the argument of empty husks and no articial subspace is WRONG. I cannot say for sure about the first argument of yours of conservation of energy, but i don't think zpm is a basic power source as vaccum has no energy in "normal" sense. Not only this it should be used for medical purposes as well. e.g beaming an arm to some one who does not have an arm(beam them up and add some coding and volla... highly complicated but could be done in a few decades or even less and asgard core galore).

I don't like quoting everything like you and replying so i am just gonna talk about some stuff and hopefully you will understand what i am talking about.

The saga makes the use of nanites plausible this way so it should have been. But that is food for thought at another time.

Coming to the ancient war.. a few things. They can make beam weapons without a hickey, i am sure of that, they just didn't need them before... again i raise my hands and say "they are the ancients". So damn advanced that asgards or anyother species are like 2 year olds in front of their Einstein brains including wraith and asgard. Talking about zpm manufacturing, zpms weren't ever shown to be too time consuming to make so the anicents won't ever have energy problems atleast(they could have increased the atlantis usage from 3 to 6 to even 10 if they wanted and as zpms is a different prospect than normal energy sources so i don't think making"bigger" zpms would have done anything). Atleast they could have moved atlantis to a different planet, that way the wraith would take years to locate them again and again. That is not hard. And the satellite weapons were not scarce, there were dozens but they were all destroyed(maybe you mean that they were nowhere else in the galaxy).

It is not that we could not reverse engineer them. What we made was just a stronger material, that is all. The intertial dampening effects and the zero effect of weapons maybe too hard for us to handle(use the asgard core yeah baby, atleast it can replicate these things). My problem was that these "costumes" or armors were not stockpiled(vala got one) and 4 of these for a frontline team like sg-1 won't be that bad an idea. Atleast they have the two armors in SGA from the pegasus asgards. I was also disappointed to not see that memory device and its promise of training pilots and scientists in weeks or days rather than years. Iron man suit is highly possible though, a better iron man than the one in marvel comics(inertial dampeners ftw).

Locating destiny is the name of the thread although it is highly STUPID to try and find destiny this way. The course or chart of destiny's path may not be required as they use "coordinates" and that might be all that is required but it is simply mega stupid to put more people's lives at risk for a rescue mission half way across the universe. What interests me was, if the earth ships could do what destiny does, charging within a star(don't know if it was antimatter or fusion or just simply storing heat energy or whatever). The IOA guy stated that if dialing within a star worked then they would do that with their own ships back at home. That makes me think that they had an idea of how to utilize a star's power directly into the gate so maybe charging from a star is not a far fetched idea for them, also because the tech. of destiny is shown to be far outdated compared to the atlantis(still way beyond asgard tech).

Comment

Working...
                                X