Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah right storage - I didn't consider that. That makes sense.
    sigpic

Comment

I would go for a mini-series, 2x2 hours, to tie all loose ends. Some character, actors unable to return, could be killed off due to stasis chamber malfunctions. Sg1 with the help of Atlantis could gate in Destiny, and help solve, or not, the big mystery.

I may be mistaken but i believe David Hewlett bought Destinys set for a movie project of his. Im sure David would be willing to share the set, in exchange of a part for Rodney in the mini-series. So it wouldn't cost a fortune to rebuild everything.

It can be done. It all comes down to the big wigs and our participation.

Do you want Stargate back or not?

Comment

I know I do and I like your idea. A mini series with cast members from all three series could help tie all loose ends, but it'd be great if at least 2 or 3 cast members from each series could/would participate.

They'd only need the Destiny set and mini-SG-1 command center with a gate in it. They wouldn't even need to re-build the Atlantis sets (well, maybe some of the props and costumes) as they could show Atlantis' exterior only.

Comment

I know that this is long since dead, so I wont mind partially hijacking it and I also wanted to throw my 2 cents in.

I would definitely support a kick start campaign for a reboot, or even just a conclusion to SGU. The way they left it so open ended kills me. But, I'm pretty sure that the majority of the set pieces and articles like clothing, keno's, weapons, etc were auctioned off to fans and collectors almost immediately after the show ended. It seems unlikely that there would be any chance of a direct reboot of the show.

But a miniseries or film might be an option. Even considering the fact that most things were sold off, I think that there would be a good chance that any real fans that bought the pieces would donate them back for a chance at seeing a conclusion. I could understand that maybe some places like museums or memorabilia collectors may not want to take a chance at losing pieces of their collections, but at least they wouldn't have to start from scratch if some loaned or donated their pieces... just a thought.

And speaking of an alternate series... I would love to see a miniseries about the origins of the Asguard. Like when their race first developed star travel. Their first encounter with other intelligent species. Asguards first meeting with the Furlings, nox, and ancients and their formation of the alliance between their races. When they sent out early exploratory missions in our galaxy. First time colonizing another planet. When they realized they would only survive long-term by cloning. Their involvement in our evolution, or at least what they learned from studying our species...

I have always thought that these would make a brilliant miniseries that ties into SG-1 and answer a lot of questions. Each plot could be its own standalone episode. Thoughts?

Comment

An animated series of SGU would be a good way to end it considering everything.
            To be honest...I wish we could get the last movie, Revolution.
            It would have wrapped up the entire franchise.

Comment

Well we deserve something. A movie, animated or live action, miniseries. Hell a novel or comic series to end it. Universe deserves a proper conclusion.

Comment

I wouldn't want a novel or comic... It just isn't the same.

Comment

how do we get this going? whos owning this? I will pledge - let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurluas View Post
                    An animated series of SGU would be a good way to end it considering everything.
                    To be honest...I wish we could get the last movie, Revolution.
                    It would have wrapped up the entire franchise.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

I thought Revolution was just going to be a stand alone movie? I know it was about revealing the Stargate Program, but given when it was set and what was in SGU, I think they were going to push the reset button using the Arc of Truth or something.

Comment

I bet it was going to go like this:

The Stargate program is revealed to the public and it causes massive confusion all over the World. This leads to all smaller countries uniting in one mission: make the leading countries bring anyone involved with the Stargate program to justice and the parents of all dead military personal, who died on missions, demanding that everyone from the SGC - especially SG-1 members to be convicted of their crimes. So Daniel and Teal'c (aided by Sam, who is recaptured later) somehow run away from their prison cells with unexpected help of some of their allies. A cover story is put up to buy the fugitives some time to get to Area 51 where the Arc is being studied. The Arc puts a shield around the two as the authorities are about to recapture them. The democracy in the World is over and it's time to bring it back. The Arc tests Daniel and Teal'c and they are transported to another planet (Dakara?, or some planet in the Ori Galaxy) and they ask an Ori prior for help. The prior reverses time on Earth to the day before the reveal, but under one condition: SG-1 must be disbanded as a group, but individual members are still allowed to stay friends and have their own SG teams. The two fugitives are transported back to Earth to Area 51, the people who tried to arrest them are gone and we cut to planned Sam's and Jack's dinner scene. The end.

Comment

Too much talk and not enough action tells me that while it was interesting for discussion, risking nickles and dimes isn't worth the risk.
                          Understandable given Rolland Emmerich and Dean Devlin's involvement with a reboot of the Franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
                            I bet it was going to go like this:

The Stargate program is revealed to the public and it causes massive confusion all over the World. This leads to all smaller countries uniting in one mission: make the leading countries bring anyone involved with the Stargate program to justice and the parents of all dead military personal, who died on missions, demanding that everyone from the SGC - especially SG-1 members to be convicted of their crimes. So Daniel and Teal'c (aided by Sam, who is recaptured later) somehow run away from their prison cells with unexpected help of some of their allies. A cover story is put up to buy the fugitives some time to get to Area 51 where the Arc is being studied. The Arc puts a shield around the two as the authorities are about to recapture them. The democracy in the World is over and it's time to bring it back. The Arc tests Daniel and Teal'c and they are transported to another planet (Dakara?, or some planet in the Ori Galaxy) and they ask an Ori prior for help. The prior reverses time on Earth to the day before the reveal, but under one condition: SG-1 must be disbanded as a group, but individual members are still allowed to stay friends and have their own SG teams. The two fugitives are transported back to Earth to Area 51, the people who tried to arrest them are gone and we cut to planned Sam's and Jack's dinner scene. The end.
                            This sounds like Daniel and Teal'c are the main focus of "Revolution". It was supposed to be Jack-centric, meaning that the main part of the film would be about Jack, and likely with the rest of the team as supporting characters.

Oh, and for what it's worth (for those not liking a novelized version of the movie), I'll take a novelized version of the movie any day over getting nothing at all.

Comment

Ive tried reading the SG novels in the past... They're terrible.

I'm pretty sure that MGM stills owns the franchise rights.
                              http://realgamernewz.com/5373/starga...-it-happen-mgm

I think that the best way to get something like this going would be to have one of the recurring actors involved. With a public face behind it, it would garner more interest for fans and other people alike. I don't think that any, even significant, numbers of fans writing in or expressing their interest in a revival will go anywhere. We just aren't important enough to be listened to.

Comment

Originally posted by thisguy2424 View Post
                                Ive tried reading the SG novels in the past... They're terrible.
                                some are SO good that i wish they'd been made into a movie!!
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X