No announcement yet.

Would you go there??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn right I'd go! It may be a rust bucket thats got bits dropping off in every solar system but the ship is utterly fascinating.

What would I take with me?
    power generators (or a zpm if available)
    Welding gear
    raw minerals of everything available on earth
    tools

What would I bring back?
    plans of destiny (assuming they're stored on board)
    a list of faults and how to fix them
    James
    broken parts - in order for them to be examined, fixed or replicated if possible

Comment

Oh just to add if I would have instantly volunteered to be one of the ten that stayed behind with Rush too.

Old, knackered, bits dropping off in every solar system but I love destiny. Such an impressive ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
        What would I bring back?
        plans of destiny (assuming they're stored on board)
        a list of faults and how to fix them
        James
        broken parts - in order for them to be examined, fixed or replicated if possible

Your forgetting its a one wy trip... No coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Mnikolic, i specified only you go. So no taking other people with ya..

Ok all.. would you go if you could NOT come back, but could still take a crap load of stuff (say as much could fit into a big sea-bag, and on 2 pallets you tied to your legs)?
          1. OK what's the point of going alone, really? I would be just one more pair of legs on the ship and one more mouth that'd need to be fed. Besides, I wouldn't be able to do much for the crew or the ship, let alone be able to offer any kind of help or assistance to anyone without the knowledge of the scientists from Earth. Sure, I might provide T.J. with some medicals for the infermery and everyone else with some food, drink and clothing, but that would be it. Bringing someone with me would also increase the amount of food, drink, air and sapce needed for everyone to stay onboard - yes, but it would also increase the quality of life on the ship as well as making everything a bit easier for the crewmembers atleast, because the scientists would come to the ship carrying pieces of any kind of technology, any kind of repair tools, medicines, food and drink and also science tech, thus, providing the crew with an easier time and easier ways to further explore the ship, resulting in better understanding of the ship. All this would result in completing the mission much easier and much faster and besides, it would've provided the Earth with another and safer way to dial the 9th chevron, rather than conctantly searching for endless amounts of Icarus-type planets, only ending up with overloading the core each time and not succeeding in rescuing anyone from Destiny, which would be the main point of finding those planets.

Even if there wouldn't be enough space, food, drink or air for all of us on the ship, I still say better to bring at least 5-6 people along with you so you can actually accomplish something easier and faster than to just go alone and just become 1 more person on an old, damaged ship for which no-one knows where is headed to or will it ever provide us with the possibility of returning home.

2. Yes, I would still go, even if it ment never returning back home. At least I would be remembered as an extra passenger on a huge ancient space ship, if not anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Your forgetting its a one wy trip... No coming back.
            Ah well, at least James would still be there then

Comment

Working...
            X