Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished SGU: So, is that it?

Seriously (Eric Cartman accent)

While in a small way the way it ended with the obvious intent to pick up on how Elli saved himself and they started anew in another galaxy it also allowed a decent end if it did not have a season three so while I am disappointed at no 3 it could have been worse.

Imagine if it ended after season one in the middle of the takeover attempt, much much worse.

However, with this in limbo what possibility will there be a wrap up, A "Peace Keeper Wars" "Ark of Truth and Continuum" movie idea???

Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller?

Wulfmann

yup

Comment

Hell,

I'd be satisfied with a novel to finish out the story. It was going somewhere very interesting and it sucks that I'll never get to see it.
      All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfmann View Post
        Seriously (Eric Cartman accent)

While in a small way the way it ended with the obvious intent to pick up on how Elli saved himself and they started anew in another galaxy it also allowed a decent end if it did not have a season three so while I am disappointed at no 3 it could have been worse.

Imagine if it ended after season one in the middle of the takeover attempt, much much worse.

However, with this in limbo what possibility will there be a wrap up, A "Peace Keeper Wars" "Ark of Truth and Continuum" movie idea???

Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller?

Wulfmann
        Sadly ... highly unlikely.

Comment

Forget novels, we need a third season(personally I'd like ten more) of SGU to wrap it up.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I know it's hard to accept, but life goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfmann View Post
              No. A pitch was proposed to MGM, but the studio ultimately cancelled the entire franchise. This was a consequence of bankruptcy. Everything SG was sold or auctioned off. This includes everything from SGU. All of the producers, writers, actors, and everyone else were let go. All proposed scripts and pitches were shelved indefinitely. There will be no wrap up movie. It's simply over.

It stinks, but so did the cliffhanger finales for Surface and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. There's also Jericho which opened up a huge story at the end of the final episode. No cliffhanger, but we were introduced to this huge, national story that ultimately went untold.

Comment

Yeah unless there is a re-boot of some sort. The franchise is pretty much on hold. Sad but true.
                sigpic

Favorite quote:
                McKay: You shot me!
                Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
                Ronon: You shot me, too.
                Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

I think he was asking about SGU, specifically. A reboot would likely ignore SGU entirely. Would a rebooted SG even have stargates with nine chevrons? What if they only have eight? Bye-bye, SGU.

Comment

The entire franchise is over, no reboot's gonna happen unless Devlin does it. Or a fan film like ST: Of Gods and Men(better than the 09 movie Abrams made).
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

They could easily do a series reboot. I doubt it would be any time soon though. Then again, is there any real indication that Syfy (or anyone else) don't want more Stargate? It seems to be more a case of the existing producers calling it quits, and the people and MGM/Spyglass being in no rush to push something through.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                        The entire franchise is over, no reboot's gonna happen unless Devlin does it.
                        I agree, the franchise is pretty much over. Who says a reboot is the only way? Just because it's popular, that does not mean it is the only means for SG to return. Are we forgetting the 18-year-gap between Star Trek and The Next Generation? Yes, there were a few movies, but ST had been off the air for nearly two decades. It returned with a spin-off, not as a reboot. As for Devlin, he's not interested in rebooting the franchise. Rather, he's interested in producing a sequel to the original movie.

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                        Or a fan film like ST: Of Gods and Men(better than the 09 movie Abrams made).
                        Please, no fan films, yikes!

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        They could easily do a series reboot. I doubt it would be any time soon though. Then again, is there any real indication that Syfy (or anyone else) don't want more Stargate? It seems to be more a case of the existing producers calling it quits, and the people and MGM/Spyglass being in no rush to push something through.
                        Who says the producers called it quits? Brad Wright tried hard to pitch various SG movie concepts to MGM. The studio is the one who called it quits. Don't forget the American economy. Yeah, SG was made in Canada, but the studio who owns and funded it is based in the USA. With our economy in the toilet, no television studio is going to want to fund an expensive show like Stargate or Star Trek. Factoring in the economy, the high expense to produce such a show, and the loss of interest in space travel among the American people; that means no more space-based science-fiction on TV. Sorry, folks. If you want new space fiction, you're going to have to look toward the movies and literature.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                          Who says the producers called it quits? Brad Wright tried hard to pitch various SG movie concepts to MGM. The studio is the one who called it quits. Don't forget the American economy. Yeah, SG was made in Canada, but the studio who owns and funded it is based in the USA. With our economy in the toilet, no television studio is going to want to fund an expensive show like Stargate or Star Trek. Factoring in the economy, the high expense to produce such a show, and the loss of interest in space travel among the American people; that means no more space-based science-fiction on TV. Sorry, folks. If you want new space fiction, you're going to have to look toward the movies and literature.
                          Which were all continuations of their established lore. They weren't new series or new stories, just continuations or completions of the old ones. They said all along they would not be interested in making another series, and if SG-1/SGA/SGU completely ended then so would their involvement in Stargate. I don't think the economy is a valid reason, the commissioning of high budget genre shows has not stopped or slowed, quite the contrary if anything. It certainly could be true that no networks are interested in Stargate any more, I was just saying that I don't think we have any concrete indication of that.

Comment

Which were all continuations of their established lore. They weren't new series or new stories, just continuations or completions of the old ones.
                            I was not disputing that.

I don't think the economy is a valid reason, the commissioning of high budget genre shows has not stopped or slowed, quite the contrary if anything. It certainly could be true that no networks are interested in Stargate any more, I was just saying that I don't think we have any concrete indication of that.
                            Perhaps, but space based science-fiction television programming requires new costumes, props, sets, and so on. Alternatively, most TV shows today can use existing costumes, props, and sets. That's why the space-based TV shows are gone for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                              Perhaps, but space based science-fiction television programming requires new costumes, props, sets, and so on. Alternatively, most TV shows today can use existing costumes, props, and sets. That's why the space-based TV shows are gone for now.
                              Fantasy shows need new costumes sets, sets and props too. Most of which cost more than Stargate did. If any networks were to be effected by the economy most, it would be premium ones like HBO who spend insane amounts and shoot all over the world, yet look at GoT. Seriously, the TV landscape really hasn't been effected that much. If space operas aren't commercially viable, then it'll be down to lack of interest more than anything. I don't believe either is the case however, but I do suspect that's the way the network execs see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X