Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

was SGU trying to be battlestar galactica?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeri View Post
    Have you counted how many threads and posts there are around GW? Literally thousands. I've been around here awhile now, and still have barely scratched the surface, and I still find it overwhelming. I think it's a shame that the newer folks can't discuss matters of interest without getting criticized by those who have tired of the subject.
    Their is this wondeful thing on GW called the search feature that allow you to search the GW archive to find threads of simliar topic instead of asking the same question 42 times
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Their is this wondeful thing on GW called the search feature that allow you to search the GW archive to find threads of simliar topic instead of asking the same question 42 times
      I've done that, and still there are far too many! Such a chatty bunch! Pages and pages, posts upon posts!
      sigpic

Comment

Stylistically, SGU intentionally borrowed elements from BSG because the consensus was that was the visual direction science fiction was taking. Thematically? Some of the character development seems similar, but the emphasis on spirituality and religion versus science seems to be consistent with the Stargate narrative as a whole. While I liked the entire show, I personally enjoyed the back half of season 2 the most because I found the descendant storyline so interesting. If I had written the show, I would have moved the descendant plot into the first season and expanded on the obelisk aliens. I would have kept the blue aliens and the Urcini as is, and I would have outright nixed the Lucian Alliance subplot, thus making the conflict between Young and Telford more personal.

Comment

Have you counted how many threads and posts there are around GW? Literally thousands. I've been around here awhile now, and still have barely scratched the surface, and I still find it overwhelming. I think it's a shame that the newer folks can't discuss matters of interest without getting criticized by those who have tired of the subject.
          What Jelgate said. Given the part i bolded, it would make what Jelgate said that much easier. Its ridiculous. Dont even get me started on the "Is SGU sci fi" thread. I dare you to go find it.

EDIT: Most of my posts in that thread, along with others and the most interesting couple of pages, are gone.
          Last edited by Ukko; 17 March 2012, 05:41 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
            What Jelgate said. Given the part i bolded, it would make what Jelgate said that much easier. Its ridiculous. Dont even get me started on the "Is SGU sci fi" thread. I dare you to go find it.

EDIT: Most of my posts in that thread, along with others and the most interesting couple of pages, are gone.
            I wonder how that happened.........................
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

SGU is/was one of the best TV shows on earth, period!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post

Believe it or not, I do have other things in my life besides GateWorld, and Stargate. Please don't hunt me down for saying that!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                  I thought Medium was much better than Ghost Whisperer
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                    SGU is/was one of the best TV shows on earth, period!
                    I'd really hate to see what you'd call the worst show then (not saying that SGU is the worst show...but there are things out there far better).
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      I'd really hate to see what you'd call the worst show then
                      I have a lot of shows I find great and love to watch and SGU is definitely one of my favourites. But the worst is easy, anything that has something to do with scripted reality or other idiotic formats like "Jackass" "Big Brother" ..... "Baywatch Nights" was really bad and I hated "Sex and the City" and not to forget some soaps.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have a lot of shows I find great and love to watch and SGU is definitely one of my favourites. But the worst is easy, anything that has something to do with scripted reality or other idiotic formats like "Jackass" "Big Brother" ..... "Baywatch Nights" was really bad and I hated "Sex and the City" and not to forget some soaps.
                        Are you suprised that people who did not like SGU call it "idiotic" or a "bad soap" then?
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          Are you suprised that people who did not like SGU call it "idiotic" or a "bad soap" then?
                          Some people have to have it their way or no way at all...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            Some people have to have it their way or no way at all...
                            I see no intelligent reason to argue with people about why I (or many other people) love something. No need to argue about the almighty greatness of Stargate Universe, just accept it.
                            sigpic

Comment

I see no intelligent reason to argue with people about why I (or many other people) love something. No need to argue about the almighty greatness of Stargate Universe, just accept it.
                              Well said! I don't understand why people keep telling those of us who loved the show, why they hated it. My question is
                              Spoiler:
                              why should I care, and why are you here in SGU land?
                              I really don't mean any disrespect, but I do find it odd.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ummm...no

Well said! I don't understand why people keep telling those of us who loved the show, why they hated it. My question is why should I care, and why are you here in SGU land? I really don't mean any disrespect, but I do find it odd.
                                I never said I hated it. Although it did take a long time for me to like it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X