Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you rather live on Novus or stay on Destiny in hope of getting back to earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would stay on Destiny, so much more interesting. I find it interesting that so many sci-fi fans really are worried about going home. Exploring the unknown, the final frontier, that's what it's all about. You can go home later.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
      First off, the writers didn't chicken out with the VOY episode. "The 37's" was originally to be the Season 1 finale, but it was held over as the Season 2 premiere. The idea was to end the first season with a big event (the ship landing) and the crew united (everyone's committed to the journey home). Is it that hard to believe that everyone had faith in the ship getting back to Earth before the grandkids bring the ship home? I was surprised people didn't pair off like crazy in the beginning. Once Kes hurled the ship 9,500 light years, shaving a 1/7 of the journey home. After that episode, I would imagine everyone assumed it would be when, not if.

As for Destiny vs. Novus... there's only one Earth. I'd want to get back to Earth eventually, so I'd stay on Destiny. "Twin Destinies" showed that the ship can dial Earth from within a star. It's just a matter of doing this safely. Why not bring Carter and McKay over via the stones, eh?

OK three things
      1) I don't care what the intent was, the out come was they set up a dilemma and took the easy way out
      2) the problem with having the crew united in their desire to go home is that the show later added members of the crew with personality problems and such who where most assuredly did not consider them self part of the voyager family and would not have felt any obligation to or confidence in the rest of the crew to get them home
      3) "Is it that hard to believe that everyone had faith in the ship getting back to Earth before the grandkids bring the ship home?" yes, all the events that brought them closer to home where incredibly unlikely contrivances and most of them hadn't happened by the the 37s any way

Comment

one thing: i'd only stay on Novus if it wouldn't be destroyed by a black hole in the foreseeable future.

yes i would stay on Novus. i think it would be amazing to live in a world quite like Earth, but much more advanced. i would become a Mechanical Engineer there, learning about stuff like shield generators and hyperdrives. i could get a job as a Spaceship designer, designing the first few spaceships Novus is ever gonna launch. there are so many awesome things i could do there. on Destiny, my job would be much more repair-oriented. i don't like that. i want to create!

Comment

Land Destiny and live on Novus. Why?
          because you actually live on a planet and still have a way to get home with Destiny and still have the knowledge that Destiny stores
          sigpic
          Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
            Land Destiny and live on Novus. Why?
            because you actually live on a planet and still have a way to get home with Destiny and still have the knowledge that Destiny stores
            what if the rest of the crew didn't want too?

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
              Its 'to' not 'too'.

At any rate, im sure a nice mutiny would solve that problem.

Comment

At any rate, im sure a nice mutiny would solve that problem.
                ha, we know how that one turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
                  grab guns and force them
                  sigpic
                  Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

I'd stay on Destiny since Stargate Command is bound to find a way to override the Destiny's autopilot eventually.
                    1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
                    5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
                    6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:1-6

Comment

Working...
                    X