Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blockbuster means highly profitable/sucessful, etc which is in a whole different vein of a person personally liking a show. Pan Am was cancelled in its 1st season making it not a blockbuster
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

If you never pay for Television, then you are part of the reason the show got cancelled to begin with. Without ratings to pay for the shows, they get cancelled.
      Posting at.............
      http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Darren, I would appreciate a complete schedule by pm of SGU Season Two in syndication. I don't know why you have the one posted recede as the time passes. MGM told me they no longer have a copy.

jelgate, I'm p-m'ing you because I can't say publicly what I wish due to restrictions.
        Last edited by Diogenes; 08 February 2012, 06:22 PM. Reason: omission

Comment

It does not matter much if normal people watches it, only those with Nielsen boxes matter.
          Last edited by Gurluas; 09 February 2012, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Graybrew1, I watched in syndication from day one of SG1 and saw the ads and patronized them when I could. That's how I paid. Do you want me to name some of the sponsors? Netzero, e.g.. Thanks for advertising that other site. Maybe they have less restriction on posting. I was never a Nielsen boxholder. That other cancelation wasn't ABC's fault but that of our populace, part of why I said then was better culturally.

Comment

Syndication is television channels. Not the internet. Did you watch it live on TV or not?

No, If you pirate most of your stuff off the internet it is not supporting the show. They won't show up in any ratings and they will cancel the show. Whether you support the sites that pirate the shows or not. That is the way the system works today.
              Posting at.............

Comment

Originally posted by Gurluas View Post
                It does not matter much if normal people watches it, only those with Nielsen boxes matter.
                That is just not true.

That is a rationalization, I used myself in the beginning, used mostly by people that want to make it okay to pirate the show and not pay for the rights to see it.
                Posting at.............

Comment

Seeing as though it seems to be "open season" on shows people personally don't like.

WHO FREAKING CARES??
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Seeing as though it seems to be "open season" on shows people personally don't like.

WHO FREAKING CARES??
                    Ummmm.............. Excuse Me............... Are you peeved?
                    That does not sound like you.
                    Posting at.............

Comment

Originally posted by Gurluas View Post
                      That's actually incorrect. Nielsen boxes are just one component of how ratings are tallied now.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
                        That's actually incorrect. Nielsen boxes are just one component of how ratings are tallied now.
                        Thank you I agree.
                        Posting at.............

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
                          jelgate, see Mr. Nietzsche about everything being subjective. "Pan Am" reproduces the ethos of that time, a better one, rather than clumsily grafting ours retroactively like jerks would. I grew up walking past the construction site of the Pan Am Building weekly, which I say was not completed until 1964 at the earliest. Watching that show is like coming home in so many ways. Always consider others haven't viewed what you have on tv so their perspective will differ. What happened to your green? While you're laughing, I'd let you flip on my copy of "Mr. Sardonicus" recorded imprint-free from Antenna Tv.
                          Folks, wouldn't you agree that from the above post jelgate should've known I was unaware "Pan Am" had been canceled and should not have mentioned this? "Blockbuster", by tradition, has meant movies. By linking it to shows I was apparently employing it in a personal sense.

My answer was delayed due to missing page two. Graybrew1, I never said anything about the internet. You and others make assumptions. I only got a computer in mid-2010, and I watched all shows on tv. I oppose piracy. I also don't know why you put forth yourself as a monitor on piracy. Life is too short for me to have to explain myself continually. Finally, I agree with Gatefan1976 about disapproving of criticism of shows, not that you were one doing any criticizing.

Comment

Hun, I asked you a question.

Point blank.

Do you or do you not pay for your TV channels or not?

You make a statement about never paying for Tv one has to ask?
                            Posting at.............

Comment

^I went to your profile, but it doesn't give your country. In the US channels are free; you buy a set and watch. In the UK you pay for a license. I live in the US where tv has traditionally been free. Cable is a more recent thing. I oppose that and selling shows as videos to enrich nonartists. Clear? Of course I saw the shows on free television after I videotaped them for convenience, not to stockpile. I still have a scattered few, saved for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
                                Folks, wouldn't you agree that from the above post jelgate should've known I was unaware "Pan Am" had been canceled and should not have mentioned this? "Blockbuster", by tradition, has meant movies. By linking it to shows I was apparently employing it in a personal sense.

My answer was delayed due to missing page two. Graybrew1, I never said anything about the internet. You and others make assumptions. I only got a computer in mid-2010, and I watched all shows on tv. I oppose piracy. I also don't know why you put forth yourself as a monitor on piracy. Life is too short for me to have to explain myself continually. Finally, I agree with Gatefan1976 about disapproving of criticism of shows, not that you were one doing any criticizing.
                                Hang on Dio
                                Before you give me a halo, I must tell you I vocally opposed SGU, but based I what I saw for myself, nothing else.
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X