Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeri View Post
    Do you really mean to say you haven't heard of the latest effort to shut down the internet? Or that you don't see the analogy with the Ancients having to let things play out as they will, for the sake of tolerance?
    I havent heard of anyone trying to shut down the internet outside of the movie Four Lions. Im not sure if thats even possible. As for the rest, it made little sense to me.

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    If the show had continued, it's possible we might have seen the Ancients eventually. Perhaps a group separated from the Pegasus Ancients and flew off to a distant galaxy only to be discovered by Destiny? Imagine Destiny finding a world that made the Lanteans and Asurans look primitive by comparison.
    Spoiler for Faith and beyond.
    Spoiler:
    In a way they did, with the planet builders.
    sigpic

Comment

Ukkoit's another bill coming before the US Congress trying to restrict usage of material on the web. Just another attempt by corporations to rule the world, as if they don't have enough control already.
      sigpic

Comment

A good majority of the SOPA bill has been altered. Honestly, that bill is dead on arrival and the votes against will show that after the fact.

As for the Ancient's providing the master code, why? That would go against the purpose of said code being in place. By and large, the Ancient's have stayed out of affairs on this plain of existence. If they didn't lift a finger when Anubis was about to attack Earth, or when McKay and his sister tore a hole in the fabric of a parallel universe, I fail to see why they would show up to provide an unlock code to Destiny's systems.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
          A good majority of the SOPA bill has been altered. Honestly, that bill is dead on arrival and the votes against will show that after the fact.

As for the Ancient's providing the master code, why? That would go against the purpose of said code being in place. By and large, the Ancient's have stayed out of affairs on this plain of existence. If they didn't lift a finger when Anubis was about to attack Earth, or when McKay and his sister tore a hole in the fabric of a parallel universe, I fail to see why they would show up to provide an unlock code to Destiny's systems.
          they may see us capable of continuing their legacy after the death of the Asgards and all
          sigpic
          Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Yes, actually the Ancients story line was "old" news, but maybe we would have seen some association with them if the series had continued. Perhaps the rouge Ancient hanging out for fun and taunting of the zoo animals on Destiny!
            Do you think Young woulda punched Q in the face as well.......
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Because as one of the main writers, Joseph Mallozzi, has already explained, they were done with the Ancients' storyline and would only mention that the ship was built by them. Having them appear in the series like the glowy people they are would kinda contradict the darker atmosphere the series was going for and would probably look kinda silly in the context of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                WTF are you on about?
                It's a bit much I know; conflicting points, postulated then adjusted---blame the prozac; had I any, who knows.....
                They've set for themselves a set of rules, and begrudgingly, they won't see themselves outside those rules.

and from appearances, it would appear that they'd stick with their rules, even if it would cost them their lives. And even further it would appear that they are sticklers for their ideology.

But, since the inception of the SGC, it would appear they are changing their ideologies, so much so, that they've allowed humans to use weaponry made by another ascended being to murder perhaps, billions of other ascended beings, if not trillions of them.

So yeah, I'm against SOPA and their move through Congress on preventing the use of images, and sound, and video, and text, that isn't sold, but is simply shared. I'm against SOPA, but, I can do my part to halt rampant spread of copyright infringement, by informing owners of the media I have, of my intentions to over time, give them monies for the stuff I have, and to encourage others who take their media, to pay anything if they have it, or to visit the owners website and help them make advertising revenue.

One may peg me for a free market free use maverick who wants government to stay the hell from the internet and how we choose to use it. But I'm also of the belief that we ought to be responsible, and some of us should have the gonads to stand up and stop some of the things of our own making, among these, gore threads, and bestial sites; ewww.

weak interpretation perhaps of how the ancients are starting to see a bunch of toddlers mucking about their old stomping ground, but it's all I got.

Comment

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
                  It's a bit much I know; conflicting points, postulated then adjusted---blame the prozac; had I any, who knows.....
                  They've set for themselves a set of rules, and begrudgingly, they won't see themselves outside those rules.

and from appearances, it would appear that they'd stick with their rules, even if it would cost them their lives. And even further it would appear that they are sticklers for their ideology.

But, since the inception of the SGC, it would appear they are changing their ideologies, so much so, that they've allowed humans to use weaponry made by another ascended being to murder perhaps, billions of other ascended beings, if not trillions of them.

So yeah, I'm against SOPA and their move through Congress on preventing the use of images, and sound, and video, and text, that isn't sold, but is simply shared. I'm against SOPA, but, I can do my part to halt rampant spread of copyright infringement, by informing owners of the media I have, of my intentions to over time, give them monies for the stuff I have, and to encourage others who take their media, to pay anything if they have it, or to visit the owners website and help them make advertising revenue.

One may peg me for a free market free use maverick who wants government to stay the hell from the internet and how we choose to use it. But I'm also of the belief that we ought to be responsible, and some of us should have the gonads to stand up and stop some of the things of our own making, among these, gore threads, and bestial sites; ewww.

weak interpretation perhaps of how the ancients are starting to see a bunch of toddlers mucking about their old stomping ground, but it's all I got.
                  wow
                  sigpic
                  Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                    wow
                    I'm like the guy who claimed there is no God because he's too supernatural, and yet, on the quantum level of things, observed particles behave like waves when not seen as they pass through a slit, but upon observation they behave like particles hitting a wall. Or how when they're fired through one slit, they emerge through both slits simustaneously making a pattern from both slits. But here it is I'm claiming there is no God because the idea of such is too strange, and yet, the quantum universe is just as strange, if not stranger, and that's how I feel when trying to interpret the oddity of Ascended behavior.

Can I make an Addendum?

Comment

Do you really mean to say you haven't heard of the latest effort to shut down the internet? Or that you don't see the analogy with the Ancients having to let things play out as they will, for the sake of tolerance?
                      What really freaks me out is the idea that they could control the internet around the whole world.I'm from Canada and we always see you guys as a bit nuts, but this is the thin edge of the wedge.
                      SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

Originally posted by CompanionCube View Post
                        Because as one of the main writers, Joseph Mallozzi, has already explained, they were done with the Ancients' storyline and would only mention that the ship was built by them. Having them appear in the series like the glowy people they are would kinda contradict the darker atmosphere the series was going for and would probably look kinda silly in the context of the show.
                        That's why they simply chickened out, instead of trying to explain fully the mythology of the Ancients. In contrast, look no further than Naruto; the creator of Naruto created godlike characters and gave them ubernatural stories that only seems to grow bigger and to become more intricate every week since it's inception more than ten years ago.

I'm no body, and my mind is almost always six ways since last Thursday, but I'm able to pull awesome What Ifs out of thin air.

Comment

Originally posted by psl1 View Post
                          What really freaks me out is the idea that they could control the internet around the whole world.I'm from Canada and we always see you guys as a bit nuts, but this is the thin edge of the wedge.
                          You got it! The US is nuts. I say we've grown too big and the huge diversity trends us towards tolerance to a ridiculous degree, then reactions are as far out the other way as can be. Political correctness is impossible to achieve really.
                          sigpic

Comment

You got it! The US is nuts. I say we've grown too big and the huge diversity trends us towards tolerance to a ridiculous degree, then reactions are as far out the other way as can be. Political correctness is impossible to achieve really.
                            As one former lobbyist put it; "guys in congress could stub their toe on a piece of furniture, and would for that reason, want to ban that particular bit of furniture, or that design."

Instead of policing big banks who has caused the loss of hundreds of trillions, they're going after the internet---it's like when Boener turned down the tax bill, but then decided to make, which was in his opinion, a more important point, placing the head bust, of Winston Churchill in the Capital Building.

Comment

As one former lobbyist put it; "guys in congress could stub their toe on a piece of furniture, and would for that reason, want to ban that particular bit of furniture, or that design."

Instead of policing big banks who has caused the loss of hundreds of trillions, they're going after the internet---it's like when Boener turned down the tax bill, but then decided to make, which was in his opinion, a more important point, placing the head bust, of Winston Churchill in the Capital Building.

Comment

I doubt they're going after the wrong people due to ineptitude, I'm sure there's a lot of money in it for them, for both stances.

Comment

Working...
                                X