• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
    Young has to try to keep a good political figure with Rush
    Why?

Comment

I gotta go with Young. His priorities lie right between 3 things: Safety of the crew, completing Destiny's mission and finally getting them home. Like he himself said: He's not perfect but he does his best and also perseveres. I would pick O'Neill but I'm afraid he's just a tad bit old and chubby, as the missions sometimes require action on the commander's part. Telford would only try to get the people home and would leave Destiny in a ditch for all he cares. Rush's priorities would lie solely on completing Destiny's mission regardless of the cost it would have on the rest of the crew and the chances of them actually getting home, cuz I think he doesn't even want to go home himself...

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
        who would be a better Commander of Destiny COL. Young, COL. Telford, Dr. Rush or LT. GEN. O'Neill
        O'neill is the best choice there, but quite honestly, I don't think any of your options is the best, I think Shepp would do it better, or failing him, Lorne. Both have experience in protracted missions with little to no contact with Earth and have the determination to see a "situation" like "destiny's" through. I have to say though, if you were forced to pick a SGU team member, Young IS the best option because despite all his failings, he is the only one I would believe.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

i have to say in order 1.O'Neill 2.Young 3.Rush ... 4.Telford
          sigpic
          Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

COL. Young, COL. Telford, Dr. Rush or LT. GEN. O'Neill?????????

I loved Young. I thought for the show he was excellent. Spent a little too much time second guessing himself and getting drunk for a while there, but he eventually stepped up to the challenge.

I don't think that O'Neil would be the right man for it at all. saying that maybe I am only thinking this because of the tone of the show and that he wouldn't really fit in there at all. I think that he would just get too pi**ed off at the dynamics of everyone and not want it anymore.

Young is the best man for the job but I think he needed to make Rush a true second in command and give him every freedom so maybe a bit of trust would come about - - - I am still waiting to watch them play chess.

Comment

Id go with Young or even Rodney cos his ego is huge and would make all the wrong choices and it would be funny

Comment

i would say oniel, but only from Sg-1 seson 1-8, after that they ruin him. in present time, rush. he has the emotional detachment and brains the not get destiny destroyed, and is willing to let on die to save others. plus he shouldn't need pacents (spelt complealy wrong) he would be in comaned and every one else should learn to follow orders

Comment

Working...
                X