Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I didn't notice that my other post got eaten

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
    Question for Gateraid, Maneth, and Krisz: noting that you all have considerable green, for what that's worth, indicative of you having spent time here, why didn't you answer my thread, "Post here..." about joining me in a rewatch of SGU? <snip>
    Originally posted by maneth View Post
    Er, why did you post the TV schedule? For what it's worth, I'm not in the US so it doesn't do me any good. I don't dislike you, I don't know you well enough to have formed an opinion yet. Some of your posts have made me go but that's not the same as dislike.

I'm watching SGU on DVD for the first time, and rarely visit other people's rewatch threads in the hope of avoiding spoilers.
    ^ ditto what Maneth said. I've not encountered you before, so no offence was intended. I've only recently watched s1 SGU and have stayed off the SGU boards because I didn't want to get spoiled.

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
    Originally Darkness and the next episode were both just one episode but they discovered that it ran over time and instead of just cutting away too much so that the episode would become too rushed, they added more scenes which were originally cut at the script stage and unfortantely most of those scenes ended up in Darkness which led to that episode being a bit too slow.
    I didn't realise that. It makes sense when you look at the episodes

Originally posted by KEK View Post
    If you're looking at this from a problem-of-the-week-that-needs-to-be-solved perspective then you're never going to enjoy the show. It's very much about the characters, the problems that ensue are for the most part just plot devices used to explore the human condition through them.
    That's good advice
    sigpic

Comment

maneth and Gateraid, thanks for replying. maneth, sorry for the capitalization; I fixed that; I try to get names precise. I, too, am sometimes baffled by posts; it's inevitable given the now vastness of sff. I provided the schedule only in the hope someone could figure what was intended but also to document what I'd claimed, odd as it is. I usually don't check posters' profiles since it might make them wonder, but perhaps I should more often.
      ___________I agree completely about avoiding spoilers. Notice that I joined in 2006 but have few posts. That's because I only returned last year (after the nonrenewal), having stayed away to avoid spoilers (I haven't finished SGA yet nor seen the SG1 movies).
      ___________You three, the dislike bit was not intended about you folks but aimed generally toward the seemingly significant nonresponders to my posts here, presumably, because some would have nothing good to say (?). If you've read me much, you would notice I'm very stingy with line breaks, so when they occur a thought separation is indicated. My invitation stands for a discussion of Season One, episode by episode, then beyond. The key is not having seen S.2 regardless of how many times you've seen S.1 or parts thereof, so we are on an equal footing in terms of our outlook. Our discussion can incorporate everything you've said about episodes here, which I have not read yet. Hope no S.2 spoilers intermingle from other posters.
      Last edited by Diogenes; 09 January 2012, 12:48 PM. Reason: Omission of sentence

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post

Not sure why this episode was done. It could have been finished in 15 minutes.

That's funny. I liked Air 1-3 but it wasn't until the episode Darkness that I LOVED the show. It's the first episode to incorporate the sense of wonder and space exploration that I loved about the show. The ship shaking and rattling where you could feel the gas giant's gravity ready to tear the ship apart while people were watching from the observation deck. It was one of my favorite moments of the whole series and the moment I knew that the writers really stepped up their game.
        I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Question for Gateraid, maneth, and Krisz: noting that you all have considerable green, for what that's worth, indicative of you having spent time here, why didn't you answer my thread, "Post here..." about joining me in a rewatch of SGU? >snip
          I'm not sure which thread you are referring to as there are a few re-watch threads around. I've wanted to join SGU re-watches and 'watching SGU for the first time' threads, but seem to have too many other things going on and feel I can't give all the attention I'd like to coming back regularly to discuss episodes in depth with those watching for the first time. I think I said I'd join in Petra's rewatch thread but found I had too much on my plate.

By not visiting your thread there was never any intention to offend. I don’t recall seeing you in any of the threads I’ve been in recently so forgive me for being a bit confused.

Comment

Krisz, it was Thread 82148, "Post Here If You View SGU in Syndication or Haven't Seen Season Two Yet", last posted on Sep. 5. The last post therein is harsh. I then watched 5-6 episodes in Sep. and took a break. Unlike many rewatches, I would've taken it slow. Finally, has anyone noticed the cursor acting funny when typing today? It doesn't automatically move and disappears from view for no reason.

Comment

I dont mind my thread being hijacked a little, but please remember, I am watching SGU for the first time
              sigpic
              Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Agreed, light was a FANTASTIC episode and has one of the best audio scores around. i've rewatched that one more times than any of them. Definitely top 5 imo.

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
                ???

Ok then. Not sure what that was about.

Anyway, Light:

Spoiler:
                Of course we knew that they were going to get out of it. I was shocked that Chloe was not on the shuttle. Overall, a tense episode. I liked it. It was a little bit faster paced than Darkness. I am starting to think Rush is an ancient.

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                  Agreed, light was a FANTASTIC episode and has one of the best audio scores around. i've rewatched that one more times than any of them. Definitely top 5 imo.
                  It was the first one (at that point) that to me had more of a Stargate feel to it, in so much as their situation of the week. It was interesting seeing how the characters responded so differently. My that Rush a shifty one
                  sigpic

Comment

Phinguyver, read your post yesterday; sorry for delay in replying. You have a great record in FINISHING series. Of those you listed I've only seen all of DSN, VOY, and SG1, but I've heard all of NG many times and am watching "Terra Nova". Would you be interested in discussing parallels between TN and SGU by pm at your leisure? E.g., people trying to make it in a new environment? The contrast in leaders, maybe? I'm still having the cursor problem; I'm in Quick Reply.

Comment

Hey man I'm loving your reviews... I miss hearing commentary on SGU.. it is my alltime favorite show (besides Breaking Bad). Let me assure it really takes off after the first 10 episodes. I don't believe the first 10 episodes are an accurate reflection of SGU as a whole... so I really like that you are going to watch the whole season before judging..

Also regarding the episode darkness. It (and light) used to be one episode but it ran 20 minutes overtime, so they opted to shoot some extra scenes rather than cut 20 min and make the episode feel rushed.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        It was the first one (at that point) that to me had more of a Stargate feel to it, in so much as their situation of the week. It was interesting seeing how the characters responded so differently. My that Rush a shifty one
                        regarding rush being shifty... you have NO idea hahaha

Comment

SPOILERS for SGU characters S.1. I've seen 101-118 and some of 119 with bad reception, why I waited on it.
                          maneth, I meant to add that between Nick and Everett I'm squarely with Nick. Consider how each of them has treated his wife. Says loads. Agreed? This will be reflected in my analysis; another poster has a sig "In Young we trust"; I don't; we'll see, a good reason to avoid spoilers. As to your signature I don't know about "every sacrifice". Is that sarcastic? Who uttered it?
                          ___________Phinguyver or anyone, for us non-Amazon-customers, what does a wish list mean? Are you looking to buy its items or just have them? P., you've named almost every sf show in the last 20 years. That would be a lot of viewing.

Comment

Phinguyver, read your post yesterday; sorry for delay in replying. You have a great record in FINISHING series. Of those you listed I've only seen all of DSN, VOY, and SG1, but I've heard all of NG many times and am watching "Terra Nova". Would you be interested in discussing parallels between TN and SGU by pm at your leisure? E.g., people trying to make it in a new environment? The contrast in leaders, maybe? I'm still having the cursor problem; I'm in Quick Reply.
                            I have only seen the first few episodes of SGU. Maybe some point later because I don't want any spoilers. I am really hoping Terra Nova gets renewed. I really liked season 1.

Going to watch WAter tonight, and will post a review afterwards.
                            sigpic

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Water:

Spoiler:
                              This was my favorite episode so far. Lots of tension, and attitudes being put into place. Without order, there is chaos. Destiny is in chaos right now. Rush doesn't care about the individual, Eli is a brat who thinks he is a soldier. Most of the soldiers are in the mindset of they should be in charge because of ____. Also, the alien bugs were intense, but what is their connection to the other guy? (don't answer that.)

I'm liking this series alot.
                              sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear it. I'm enjoying this thread a lot because I only recently started watching the show myself (over Christmas).
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X